Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

f**king cheese eating surrender monkeys!!!  >:( >:( >:(

sorry I mean:

f**king singes capitulards mangeurs de fromage! >: (>: (>: (
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hoof Hearted

england result keeps our season alive. We beat Scotland, Wales and then deny the English a grand slam would be sweet. It would only be a triple crown but i would celebrate it like 2009 !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 26, 2011, 09:54:28 PM
england result keeps our season alive. We beat Scotland, Wales and then deny the English a grand slam would be sweet. It would only be a triple crown but i would celebrate it like 2009 !!

You'd celebrate tying your shoe-laces!
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

But the very real possibility is that England beat us and we hand them the Grand Slam. If they do I will never support them again. I hate to say it but I hate those English c***ts too much to see us hand them any kind of victory.

Even if we win they will probably take home the championship that day so it will never be good.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Celt_Man

Quote from: muppet on February 26, 2011, 09:56:54 PM

Like myself if tying your shoeslaces, annoyed England - I'd celebrate too surely!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

muppet

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 26, 2011, 10:12:18 PM

Like myself if tying your shoeslaces, annoyed England - I'd celebrate too surely!!

Every little bit helps.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

between Mayo, Castlebar Mitchells, Arsenal etc etc.... celebrating has been at a premium lately for you lad
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 26, 2011, 10:15:08 PM

between Mayo, Castlebar Mitchells, Arsenal etc etc.... celebrating has been at a premium lately for you lad

Some great days at quarter-finals and semis alright.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

o gara shouldnthave gone on his own on the scots 5yard line.

Capt Pat

Well we got the win. Same story as last week, too many penalties, 3 tries to nil and we only win by 3 points. We missed Kearney under the high ball.

screenexile

Having reflected on the game it was pretty average stuff. We had the beating of them fairly handy but we got destroyed in the lineout and also in the penalty count. Robinson has a point in his post match interview as it is ridiculous how we didn't get a sin binning with 14 offences and they managed to get one for 3.

Plus points were O'Brien who had a good 2nd half, Reddan who I thought was excellent and also our scrum which seemed to do pretty well.

Best we can hope for at this stage is the Triple Crown and to beat England which is a realistic possiblity but we will need Sexton on for the majority of the game to do that I think.

AZOffaly

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2011, 10:54:06 AM
Having reflected on the game it was pretty average stuff. We had the beating of them fairly handy but we got destroyed in the lineout and also in the penalty count. Robinson has a point in his post match interview as it is ridiculous how we didn't get a sin binning with 14 offences and they managed to get one for 3.

Plus points were O'Brien who had a good 2nd half, Reddan who I thought was excellent and also our scrum which seemed to do pretty well.

Best we can hope for at this stage is the Triple Crown and to beat England which is a realistic possiblity but we will need Sexton on for the majority of the game to do that I think.

Average at best. Our line out is a real concern at this point, and even when we went to the front for O'Callaghan, we weren't able to connect. A big change from a few years ago. Maybe Paulie needs to start calling more balls on himself in the centre as well, but I'd say Best's darts are a cause for concern there. O'Connell made 3 vital interventions near the end to preserve the win, pouncing on a turnover ball, stealing a lineout from the Scots and forcing another turnover as well. Good to see him finishing a game well.

I thought the pack did reasonably well apart from that. The scrum was encouraging whenever they could stay bound, but the IRB are going to have to look at that area, it's a mess. Reddan was only middling I thought. Took the wrong option too often, but I do prefer him to O'Leary at this level. At least his delivery is a small bit quicker.

Sean O'Brien was very good with ball in hand, and I thought the whole back row were good, with Wallace's legs creaking near the end. Also Heaslip faded a bit.

I thought O'Gara was good, but he had a comfy ride all day in fairness. His goal kicking from distance is starting to fail him, but he is accurate and he is good out of hand. He's not as bad a passer as he's made out to be at times, and it was good to see him score a Jonny Sexton type try, hand off and all. Sexton is obviously the future, and more rounded out half especially defensively, but O'Gara still has a lot to offer.

Rest of the backs were okay, Earls had a few minutes where he was excellent, popped up all over the place, but other than that was largely quiet. O'Driscoll and D'Arcy quiet as well, and Tommy Bowe and Luke Fitzgerald only showed flashes too.

All in all, good to get the win, but we are a long way off where we were 2 years ago.

Main Street

The need to denigrate O'Gara  to promote Sexton and vice versa is a tiresome exercise in flagwaving.
Fly-half is one of the strongest positions on that team and it looks to me that Kidney is bringing Sexton on very nicely. Sexton has a task ahead to claim that position as his own and will surely do that.

It was a strange game, Ireland should have dominated it totally on the scoreline and yet Scotland looked hard done by at the end.That O'Brien lad rocks!

DuffleKing

Is there anywhere to see highlights of the game from yesterday?

AFS

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 28, 2011, 03:52:28 PM

Is there anywhere to see highlights of the game from yesterday?

BBC and/ or RTE iPlayers maybe?