The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

McKenzie was playing Namibia, you can't read too much into it.

He's what gets classically described as "mercurial". He's been the Second Coming since he was about 15 and has never really secured first choice status. The fact Because Barrett is around hasn't helped him lock down 10 and Jordie has been in his way at 15. Mo'unga is quality too.

seafoid

the RWC has been going since 95 and there hasn't been any change in terms of the top teams (10)  and the rest. It looks very like hurling, with Fiji and Romania  like Laois and Antrim and Namibia etc in the Christy Ring.

Capt Pat

I know I said it before the Romanian game but this one really should be a tough assignment. I think we will win but the big worry for me is injuries against a big physical Tonga team.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 16, 2023, 07:54:25 PM
I know I said it before the Romanian game but this one really should be a tough assignment. I think we will win but the big worry for me is injuries against a big physical Tonga team.
Just saying to the missus there that I think playing Sexton could be crazy against these big hitters.

JPGJOHNNYG

Ireland making hard work of this already

Itchy

Twas a lovely little dance there from Tonga at the start but since there's no point for the dance would they not be better practicing not fouling?

Wildweasel74

Murray kicks too much and is too slow passing it. I like to see what the Mascot like!

Tatler Jack

thewobbler

We all know, as we are reminded every day, that Ireland have the most professional set up imaginable and Farrell is the greatest coach of all.

But why in holy f**k he's sent out his first team to get smashed by 20 stone men in a pointless game that Connacht would win with bonus points, I'll never know.

This decision is the start of the end for Ireland's World Cup hopes.

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Wildweasel74

marty34

This strong team was going to go like this:

A win, good performance and no injuries and the media will be saying Farrell got his game plan right.

A tight win, dodgy performance and a good few injuries and Farrell would be toast.

Wildweasel74

Ireland played rightly but the game had no flow, constant penalties both ways with only 1 yellow card in the game, first World Cup I seen where Ireland looks to have a very good back line.

Capt Pat

Another convincing performance from Ireland with the bonus point secured early. The rte crew were pleased with the performance and I was too. I now think we will beat South Africa.

johnnycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 16, 2023, 09:37:12 PM
Game of constant penalties

Ireland were renowned for not giving penalties away and avoiding yellow cards and as much as I think Barnes is hard on Ireland most were warranted.

Bunde Aki was goosed there, should have been giving more ball to the fresher Henshaw