The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

The next few weeks looking at the fixtures is pretty much a wash out in terms of competitive games.

This is the weakness of the tournament where you can go nearly a full round of fixtures without any real jeopardy.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on September 12, 2023, 11:20:41 AM
The next few weeks looking at the fixtures is pretty much a wash out in terms of competitive games.

This is the weakness of the tournament where you can go nearly a full round of fixtures without any real jeopardy.
Rugby even for walkover games has injury jeopardy which banjaxed Ireland at the RWC several times

gawa316

Quote from: bennydorano on September 12, 2023, 02:49:58 PM
Ulster Club Senior draw 23

Prelim 4/5  November

Fermanagh v Down

Q/Fs 11/12 November

(B) Derry v Antrim (Celtic Park)
(C) Cavan v Donegal (Breffni)
(D) Tyrone v Armagh (Omagh)
(E) Monaghan v Ferm/Down (In Newry if Down win, Clones if Ferm win prelim)

S/Fs 25/26 Nov

B V C
D V E

Final 9/10 December

Robert Baloucoune to get a run out for Fermanagh?!

bennydorano

Fermanagh would take any help going

seafoid

If Ireland could beat SA they could possibly have the 3 big Southern Hemisphere sides between them and the trophy. That would be some going.

Capt Pat

France 13 Uruguay 12 after 54 minutes

France 20 Uruguay 12 after 55 minutes. For a moment I thought an upset was on the cards.

Wildweasel74

France are very poor, how many starters there? South Africa look a stronger team.

Capt Pat

It is pretty much a second string french team. At this rate Uruguay will nearly beat New Zealand.

JPGJOHNNYG

I think tonight shows why Farrell has gone for a strong team, France being made to look ridiculous.

Wildweasel74

They said on TV there was 8 starters there for the French.

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 15, 2023, 10:16:24 AM
They said on TV there was 8 starters there for the French.

Of the starting 15, Jolonch, Woki and Moefana might start a crunch tie.

Joeythelips

France made 12 changes to the side who beat New Zealand, its like a Premier league side playing a minnow in the League cup in that they make wholesale changes knowing they will win anyway. You will see it if you look back on previous Wold Cup winners where they rotate and win with a poor performance. I would read nothing into it, France still favourites as it stands for me.

screenexile

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 15, 2023, 10:29:16 AM
France made 12 changes to the side who beat New Zealand, its like a Premier league side playing a minnow in the League cup in that they make wholesale changes knowing they will win anyway. You will see it if you look back on previous Wold Cup winners where they rotate and win with a poor performance. I would read nothing into it, France still favourites as it stands for me.

I'd still have France favourites but Uruguay fairly destroyed the spread of 58pts predicted. It was a fairly enjoyable game too. France without Dupont are well down the pecking order!

Wildweasel74

McKenzie a better 10 than the all-Blacks current one. Hope Foster doesn't see that, to it's too late.