The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Curry could have waited to the player came down, he didn't and ended up with a high enough tackle with his head hitting the other player. By the updated rules, that's a red. And we see plenty of them this world cup. I think players should be wearing well padded scrum caps, it might lessen some impacts but concussions are on the way upwards as the heavier players have got faster.

thewobbler

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 09, 2023, 08:25:25 PM
Curry coukd have waited to the player came down, he didn't and ended up with a high enough tackle with his head hitting the other player. By the updated rules, that's a red. And we see plenty of them this world cup. I think players should be wearing well padded scrum caps, it might lessen some impacts but concussions are on the way upwards as the heavier players have got faster.

If Curry was a preprogrammed robot I'd agree with you

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 09, 2023, 08:20:40 PM
Tom Curry just got a ridiculous red card. The Argentine flew into him causing a clash of heads. It wasn't even a yellow imho.

What you mean is the Argentine played the ball in the air and, as he landed, a fully upright Curry headbutted him. Lack of intent is completely irrelevant.

Clear as day red.

thewobbler

This is v clever and v controlled by England. The big bastards.

Wildweasel74

How bad are Argentina, cause that English team is crap.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2023, 08:24:32 PM
Tom Curry just got a ridiculous red card. The Argentine flew into him causing a clash of heads. It wasn't even a yellow imho.

I thought it very harsh myself. Head injuries are getting like the trans debate, people afraid to open their mouths about it. Be interesting to see what happens the Argentine yellow, his looked much worse - intent wise.

What on earth is this absolute w**k supposed to mean?  Who is being silenced when it comes to head injuries in rugby?

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2023, 08:49:23 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2023, 08:24:32 PM

I thought it very harsh myself. Head injuries are getting like the trans debate, people afraid to open their mouths about it. Be interesting to see what happens the Argentine yellow, his looked much worse - intent wise.

What on earth is this absolute w**k supposed to mean?  Who is being silenced when it comes to head injuries in rugby?

I think his general point is along the lines of:

Should anyone graze heads with a ball carrier, then rugby's laws will always rule against the defender, regardless of context, timings or intent. And they do so through the catch all concept of duty of care. Which basically means the ball carrier can do whatever he likes and a collision is never his fault.

And his actual point is that:

If you try to challenge this duty of care argument at all then the internet hates you. Which is wrong.

JPGJOHNNYG

Argentina are pure shite, they won't get a better opportunity to beat England at a world cup and they are bottling it so far

Onthe40

They are absolutely awful.. mistake after mistake

gallsman

Dreadful. Just the sort of galvanising result that England will be able to build on as well given they should walk the rest of the pool.

That said, England have played excellent 14 man rugby, all things considered. Keeping it quite simple, not being overly ambitious in terms of being expansive, taking the points when they're on offer.

gallsman

Outstanding performance from Courtney Lawes.

Wildweasel74

That England team can't do expansive, drop kicks and penalties is all they offer, shockingly one dimensional, with a bunch of long done old props in Cole and Marler.

weareros

Playing in the Rugby Championship has not done much for Argentina. Very poorly coached too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 09, 2023, 09:24:52 PM
That England team can't do expansive, drop kicks and penalties is all they offer, shockingly one dimensional, with a bunch of long done old props in Cole and Marler.

For a man down they are comfortable without having to be expansive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: weareros on September 09, 2023, 09:26:45 PM
Playing in the Rugby Championship has not done much for Argentina. Very poorly coached too.

They're not usually this bad looks like the occasion has gotten to them crazy amount of schoolboy errors!