The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Whether you like rugby or not, that's a tasty opener coming up, and if we get out of our group we meet one of them.

shark

Quote from: weareros on September 08, 2023, 01:16:55 PM
Whether you like rugby or not, that's a tasty opener coming up, and if we get out of our group we meet one of them.

I'm looking forward to watching it. But does the result really matter?

Joeythelips

Quote from: shark on September 08, 2023, 01:34:24 PM

Id imagine both will want to lay down a marker but agree there could be a bit of shadow boxing also given it would not be much of a shock if they end up meeting in the final. It should help Ireland that NZ play France (so should know potential quarter final opponents depending on group position if they qualify) and South Africa play Scotland before Irelands first real test against the South Africans.

I think France will be very hard to beat on home turf but given the draw I could see Argentina doing very well.

seafoid

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 08, 2023, 01:45:37 PM
Quote from: shark on September 08, 2023, 01:34:24 PM

Id imagine both will want to lay down a marker but agree there could be a bit of shadow boxing also given it would not be much of a shock if they end up meeting in the final. It should help Ireland that NZ play France (so should know potential quarter final opponents depending on group position if they qualify) and South Africa play Scotland before Irelands first real test against the South Africans.

I think France will be very hard to beat on home turf but given the draw I could see Argentina doing very well.
The best result would be if they battered each other and at least 3 injuries per side.

weareros

Wildweasel74

There lads on the all-black team I don't know, there was a time I could named the team and the bench.

weareros

Definitely not 6 Nations Rugby weather conditions. Playing rugby in 30 degrees can't be fun. Hope it cools down for Ireland's big matches.

Capt Pat

A bit of a strange match. We haven't seen anything from Dupont so far. That has to change.

weareros

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 08, 2023, 08:26:35 PM
There lads on the all-black team I don't know, there was a time I could named the team and the bench.

Mark Telea making a name for himself. Two great tries.
French not too happy though - looked a forward pass.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 08, 2023, 09:11:34 PM
A bit of a strange match. We haven't seen anything from Dupont so far. That has to change.

Thought with the fast start it could have been an open entertaining game.

It's an arm wrestle but hard to take your eyes off it in enjoying it. Fancy France on the balance of play but NZ could conjure something out of nothing!

Capt Pat

French on top now after Penaud try.

Blanco has piled on the pounds in retirement.

Wildweasel74

I think we better than the two of them, but that France heavy pack def a problem, Heavy packs give us issues before.

marty34

Not that impressed with NZat all.  Very early but France should be out of sight.

Wildweasel74

Well they should sacked their manager last year. NZ a pale shadow of there 2015 team. Rugby sorta sent back to relying on a big heavy pack team like England in 2003 or South Africa last world cup.

Eire90

if you are Ireland you rather play NZ on that performance.