The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Stuart Hogg Scotlands outstanding fullback has retired over the summer. I missed it when it was announced. This should help Ireland when the two sides meet in the world cup.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 26, 2023, 11:36:51 AM
Stuart Hogg Scotlands outstanding fullback has retired over the summer. I missed it when it was announced. This should help Ireland when the two sides meet in the world cup.
Sadly it was injury related. A great player.

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on August 21, 2023, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: Rudi on August 19, 2023, 06:40:38 PM
The worst game I have seen in a very long time involving Ireland. Referee is awful too.

Ireland weren't great, particularly the lineout so POC has much to do there, but how god awful bad are England?

They're a raggle taggle outfit who seem to have been thrown together for an end of season tour!
Not that I'm complaining  ;D
I think I was being too kind on England....

seafoid

How much pressure will there be on Farrell if Ireland can't beat France /NZ in the quarters?

An Watcher

None
Different if they don't qualify for the quarter finals.  Then there'll be pressure.  Ireland will surely be underdogs against either of those teams

JPGJOHNNYG

England are a mess but with the ridiculous draw will likely go further than Ireland

seafoid

Captain Obvious

Would read next to noting into recent results, the World Cup will show where teams are really at, including Ireland.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2023, 07:43:15 PM
Would read next to noting into recent results, the World Cup will show where teams are really at, including Ireland.
Not necessarily  in the group stages

weareros

Looked a bad injury for Healy. Hopefully won't ruin his WC.

Rudi

World cup over for Cian Healy. Big loss.

Estimator

Healy looked to be in bother going off there. Loughman on for him now.
Stockdale needs to have a big game to make the squad. Hasn't been involved in this game so far.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Numerous handling errors and Barnes forgot completely about a knock on advantage there.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Rudi

Line out all over the shop.

JPGJOHNNYG

Lineout a mess. Stewart won't be anywhere near the plane. Nice own try there if such a thing exists. Ffs