The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: marty34 on May 01, 2023, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: dec on May 01, 2023, 02:34:38 PM
This will be Leinsters first Champions Cup final in Ireland.

Need to win this one - can't slip up again this year.
La Rochelle beat Leinster the last two years and are a better team this year.  But Leinster are better this year too. Could come down to what injuries occur in the next 2 weeks.
Toulouse self imploded, La Rochelle won't.

Loved O'Gara's Interview on BT after their win over Exeter. He probably said less than he usually does, but the 3 English dudes interviewing him (Dallaglio, Healy and the other huge fooker who's name escapes me) were hanging on his every word and clearly think he's awesome.

Tony Baloney

Bayfield. Dallaglio and ROG would certainly have been on Lions tours together so I'm sure they know the type of character he is.

seafoid

Munster beat Leinster in the second semi of the URC.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2023, 07:30:05 PM
Munster beat Leinster Leinster reserves in the second semi of the URC.

Fixed that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Very entertaining game.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2023, 07:30:05 PM
Munster beat Leinster in the second semi of the URC.

Many thanks for update

Hound

Great game. Fully deserved win for Munster. The rivalry was getting like Dubs v Meath. Too easy. This livens it up, gives the red supporters something to crow about. Need both teams to have victories to have a proper rivalry. The next Leinster victory will mean more because of this.

I'm a big Leinster supporter, but I applauded Crowley's winning kick. Delighted for him.  And great for POM to get the big win, but he was still the one to say, this is great, but they need the medal, they need to win the final. This is a positive result for Ireland's World Cup aspirations and neither helps nor hinders Leinster's first team playing La Rochelle next week. La Rochelle  also lost today, but it was also their second team. Very much a 50/50 game next week and La Rochelle seem to be Leinster's kryptonite.

square_ball

Quote from: Hound on May 13, 2023, 07:58:24 PM
Great game. Fully deserved win for Munster. The rivalry was getting like Dubs v Meath. Too easy. This livens it up, gives the red supporters something to crow about. Need both teams to have victories to have a proper rivalry. The next Leinster victory will mean more because of this.

I'm a big Leinster supporter, but I applauded Crowley's winning kick. Delighted for him.  And great for POM to get the big win, but he was still the one to say, this is great, but they need the medal, they need to win the final. This is a positive result for Ireland's World Cup aspirations and neither helps nor hinders Leinster's first team playing La Rochelle next week. La Rochelle  also lost today, but it was also their second team. Very much a 50/50 game next week and La Rochelle seem to be Leinster's kryptonite.

Steady on Munster have just beaten Leinster reserves. Leinster are miles ahead of Munster at the minute. Only thing it confirmed this evening was that Munster are the 2nd best team in Ireland and not Leinster 2nd XV.

Hound

Quote from: square_ball on May 13, 2023, 08:23:23 PM

Steady on Munster have just beaten Leinster reserves. Leinster are miles ahead of Munster at the minute. Only thing it confirmed this evening was that Munster are the 2nd best team in Ireland and not Leinster 2nd XV.
I didn't say any different!

marty34

Quote from: square_ball on May 13, 2023, 08:23:23 PM

Good point.

David McKeown

I'm very annoyed that as a Leinster fan living in the North (long story) I couldn't make it today and I could watch the game on TV. RTE has it blocked out in the North URC Live wasn't showing it.  BBC NI weren't showing it even online.

Not great.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Quote from: David McKeown on May 13, 2023, 09:02:03 PM
I'm very annoyed that as a Leinster fan living in the North (long story) I couldn't make it today and I could watch the game on TV. RTE has it blocked out in the North URC Live wasn't showing it.  BBC NI weren't showing it even online.

Not great.

Get the 'box' David  ;)

David McKeown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2023, 09:04:21 PM

Not great.

Get the 'box' David  ;)

Yes there are ways round these things but it's the same with a lot of GAA this year I really shouldn't have to.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Aaron Boone

Quote from: David McKeown on May 13, 2023, 09:11:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2023, 09:04:21 PM

Not great.

Get the 'box' David  ;)

Yes there are ways round these things but it's the same with a lot of GAA this year I really shouldn't have to.

Apparently getting the 'box' now is quite a secretive process. Meet a guy at the back of a pub etc.