The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Serious game. Both red cards absolutely correct calls but f**k me Barnes had some shockers there tonight

Wildweasel74

Ladies game this morning a classic, nothing better seeing a professional, heavier, better conditioned team get beat by amateurs. Zero imagination in passing, just up your Jumper rubgy, a female version of South Africa. Black Ferns wouldn't been in the position they were, if they had contested England's line out which they only did in the last 20mins.

Wildweasel74

And England beat in extra time in the Rugby league semi to a drop kick in extra time, though game should been wrapped up in normal time. Sorta a super Saturday in reverse for English fans. Serious heavy hitting in that game and last night game, some fitness level required.

Capt Pat

In the rugby league England beat Samoa 60 points to 6 in the group stage. Now they are out of the tournament at home. How could this have happened?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2022, 09:47:57 PM
This is a proper game of Rugby serious hitting both teams digging very deep here.

France definitely seem to have lost their softness. They've no problem digging games out now and look to be favourites for the WC!
Probably the primary aim of Shaun Edwards was to tackle this.

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 12, 2022, 10:40:21 PM
In the rugby league England beat Samoa 60 points to 6 in the group stage. Now they are out of the tournament at home. How could this have happened?

Samoa's players were just off the plane and England shat the bed.

Wildweasel74

The New Zealand, Australia game last nite was one of the great games, The kiwis left it behind them I fear.

tonto1888

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 12, 2022, 11:27:38 PM
The New Zealand, Australia game last nite was one of the great games, The kiwis left it behind them I fear.

The Rugby League game? Absolutely fantastic game. Thought the Kiwis could hold on

JPGJOHNNYG

The all blacks of the past would never have collapsed like that. Fair play to England they looked buried with 10 mins to go.

gallsman

Ref massively helped England out there though. Nothing wrong with Beauden Barrett's tackle and contest on a Smith that he was binned for and then zero evidence of grounding for the first try. England have absolutely no guile about them whatsoever. Haven't seen anything from Smith in an s England shirt to justify the hype.

screenexile

Strange game that England match. The young scrum half will do well to come back from that horror show.

NZ very impressive to start and then lost their rhythm and let England back into it.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on November 19, 2022, 07:33:38 PM
Ref massively helped England out there though. Nothing wrong with Beauden Barrett's tackle and contest on a Smith that he was binned for and then zero evidence of grounding for the first try. England have absolutely no guile about them whatsoever. Haven't seen anything from Smith in an s England shirt to justify the hype.

I thought the yellow was the right call Barret made the tackle and didn't separate to go back on the ball.

gallsman

I thought he released without making a massive show of it.

Gmac

Brutal game , worst I've seen in a while .