The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf

Quote from: galwayman on November 05, 2022, 07:02:45 PM
Quote from: Turf on November 05, 2022, 06:57:23 PM
Two proud Irishmen with the tries  ;D
You do realise that Josh Van der Flier is Irish born and bred?
Yes. It was a joke about the 2nd try scorer, hence me saying two try scorers, knowing full well only one was born here, Jeez tough crowd  ::) (yes I know his ma is from cork btw)
Probably sounded funnier in my head to be fair... I've had a few pints.

Tony Baloney

These water breaks are a pain in the hole.

seafoid

Capt Pat

A well deserved win for Ireland. I thought the South African fly half Willemse had a nightmare kicking the ball and they never took him off.

pjm

Great to see the unionists celebrating 19-16

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Didn't think it was a great spectacle

Tony Baloney

Wallabies giving the French a good go here.

Neither team was at their best earlier but good to see Ireland grind out a win. Poor McCloskey can't buy a bit of luck- looked worthy of his place until he was injured.

Wildweasel74

The problem any team playing South Africa is their games are muck. Crash, bosh, make yards, repeat, then garryowen as high as possible to try retain possession, playing bcks for them must be depressing,

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 05, 2022, 09:33:57 PM
The problem any team playing South Africa is their games are muck. Crash, bosh, make yards, repeat, then garryowen as high as possible to try retain possession, playing bcks for them must be depressing,

Big statement by Ireland I thought starting Murray and McCloskey to effectively take the Springboks on at their own game.

We did and still beat them which should be a great fillip for the WC we need to be able to mix the game up and have a couple of different gameplans.

Not getting carried away though a year is a long time!

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 11:35:10 PM

Big statement by Ireland I thought starting Murray and McCloskey to effectively take the Springboks on at their own game.

We did and still beat them which should be a great fillip for the WC we need to be able to mix the game up and have a couple of different gameplans.

Not getting carried in Derry must be difficult. If there a Catch Yourselves On Office in local government up there ?

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 11:35:10 PM

Murray's gone lads, Gibson Park made Ireland tick when he came on. Great career all the same for the lad.

SA are as someone else said, bosh. bosh, bosh till you're banjaxed so Ireland held on (not so sure about some of the scrummaging decisions that went Irelands way, but we'll take them before Wayne Barnes appears again) and played the more expansive rugby so well done for that.

Will it matter a whole pile come the WC, who knows, but Ireland shouldn't fear them and SA may have to come up with something else rather than crash ball after crash ball and try to get those backs some ball earlier.

seafoid

Murray got his century.
Gibson Park's vision to create the space to break the SA line and make the second try was superb.

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2022, 07:55:19 PM
Murray got his century.
Gibson Park's vision to create the space to break the SA line and make the second try was superb.
thats how murray got hurt too in fairness but park is way ahead of him at this stage and don't know how many scrum halves they bring to World Cup but he will do well to stay in top 2

An Watcher

Not too clued into the rugby but am I right in saying while Gibson Park is ahead Murray offers more physical presence, experience and is a better kicker.  Areas which could prove invaluable in a major tournament.  Not for one moment suggesting Murray should be number one but definitely number two?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gmac on November 06, 2022, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2022, 07:55:19 PM
Murray got his century.
thats how murray got hurt too in fairness but park is way ahead of him at this stage and don't know how many scrum halves they bring to World Cup but he will do well to stay in top 2
33 player squads this time.