The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

French defending shit when Irish go at them. Hope we can keep it up.

Wildweasel74

It's funny how Home and Away makes such a big difference in Rugby, I fancy Ireland to beat France in Dublin. Sexton missing a big difference.

seafoid

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 12, 2022, 06:02:44 PM
It's funny how Home and Away makes such a big difference in Rugby, I fancy Ireland to beat France in Dublin. Sexton missing a big difference.
It takes an exceptional Irish team to win in Paris.

weareros

Rudi

Poor game management in the end, but a courageous performance. Strange decision by referee not to give a penalty advantage to Ireland in the last quarter. 3 tries to 2.

Rudi

Ryan made poor choices as captain.

JPGJOHNNYG

Far far too many handling errors. Big mistake not going to the corner with that penalty on 73mins. The garyowen with the clock about to go red was ridiculously stupid but hey it seems to be the Irish tactic for a decade now to just kick possession away

Capt Pat

Should have kicked for the corner instead of taking the 3 points with the last penalty. We never got another good chance. Still a good performance from Ireland in the second half.

From the Bunker

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 12, 2022, 06:37:52 PM
Far far too many handling errors. Big mistake not going to the corner with that penalty on 73mins. The garyowen with the clock about to go red was ridiculously stupid but hey it seems to be the Irish tactic for a decade now to just kick possession away

I know very little about Rugby tactics, but that seemed a crazy decision.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: weareros on February 12, 2022, 06:34:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2022, 06:12:30 PM
Quote from: weareros on February 12, 2022, 05:47:44 PM
Time to bring Carty on.
Hon the Rossies

Shocker of a pass. Threw the last chance away.
What a load of shite that was. Needed a cool head on the ball at that stage. If they had gone through the phases I would have no doubt France would have given away a pen. Kick to the corner, maul, try and conversion. Simple  :)

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2022/02/12/france-v-ireland-live-score-six-nations-2022-latest-updates/

Ireland are amassing a squad capable of challenging the world's best, and increasingly have the game to go with the grunt. Carbery has shown himself capable, not only of standing in for Sexton, but offering Ireland something different, something more instinctive. 

Gmac

In reality the Best result for Ireland don't need all the hype and pressure again a season before wc
Building a good squad and a nice style of play , peaking next October is the key for this team and management

Milltown Row2

Questioned the not kicking into touch rather than taking the 3 points to my well knowledgeable  rugby friend today, he said 3 points and a chance to kick another 3  points was better considering Ireland's poor line outs during the game, up on till late on in the second half France were more disciplined and not giving up penalties, but more pressure provided Ireland with a chance to not not lose.

It's easy to say kick to corner but they were not convincing during the game, it would have been a complete steal had Ireland won
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2022, 12:26:04 AM
Questioned the not kicking into touch rather than taking the 3 points to my well knowledgeable  rugby friend today, he said 3 points and a chance to kick another 3  points was better considering Ireland's poor line outs during the game, up on till late on in the second half France were more disciplined and not giving up penalties, but more pressure provided Ireland with a chance to not not lose.

It's easy to say kick to corner but they were not convincing during the game, it would have been a complete steal had Ireland won
Another pen would have given them a draw. It was the wrong decision. 3 points or no points probably irrelevant - line-out maul is in the DNA of this Ireland team for the last 10 years so it should have been the option. Risk vs reward it was the wrong decision but it didn't lose them the match. There were other poor decisions in the last 10.