The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Estimator on February 10, 2022, 11:21:13 AM
Sexton not in the squad for the French game.

Ireland: Keenan; Conway, Ringrose, Aki, Hansen; Carbery, Gibson-Park; Porter, Kelleher, Furlong; Beirne, Ryan (c); Doris, van der Flier, Conan.

Replacements: Sheehan, Healy, Bealham, Henderson, O'Mahony, Murray, Carty, Henshaw.

Now we'll see how we stack up at Out half with Carbery and back up Carty getting a go in a high profile game.

Ghost

Quote from: johnnycool on February 10, 2022, 11:51:43 AM
Quote from: Estimator on February 10, 2022, 11:21:13 AM
Sexton not in the squad for the French game.

Ireland: Keenan; Conway, Ringrose, Aki, Hansen; Carbery, Gibson-Park; Porter, Kelleher, Furlong; Beirne, Ryan (c); Doris, van der Flier, Conan.

Replacements: Sheehan, Healy, Bealham, Henderson, O'Mahony, Murray, Carty, Henshaw.

Now we'll see how we stack up at Out half with Carbery and back up Carty getting a go in a high profile game.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Sexton is clearly Irelands best option but how long can he go on? Them lads need as much big game experience as possible before the next world Cup.

Glad JGP keeps his spot, they tend to go for Murray when Sexton not available.

seafoid

They are building up to the RWC.
France away is probably the toughest challenge in this 6N

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2022, 12:44:44 PM

Starting Carbery was forced upon Farrell, I'd agree with you if he did give Carbery/Carty/Byrne/Burns game time when Sexton is fit, and yes IMO it's a blessing in disguise as games won't get much tougher than France in Paris and something for both teams to play for.

A big chance for Carbery to show his worth and I hope he comes good.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on February 10, 2022, 02:07:30 PM

Starting Carbery was forced upon Farrell, I'd agree with you if he did give Carbery/Carty/Byrne/Burns game time when Sexton is fit, and yes IMO it's a blessing in disguise as games won't get much tougher than France in Paris and something for both teams to play for.

A big chance for Carbery to show his worth and I hope he comes good.
I read on twitter that Sexton has a hamstring problem. In any case they need cover for all of the positions
No harm.to.tweak the Leinster vs the rest balance.

seafoid

I didn't know that Tadhg Beirne's mother was Brenda Hyland who won the Rose of Tralee in 1983.

Helix.

Great win for the 20s at the death. Hopefully a good start to the weekend.

England 20s losing 6-0 to Italy a turn up for the books too.

weareros

Some start. 10 down and then Never saw a try the like of that.

JPGJOHNNYG

Not looking great here to be honest

JPGJOHNNYG

That half time score flatters us big time

weareros

French errors have kept Ireland just about in touch but will need something serious to get back in game. Ireland have  been error ridden too but French made more when they were close to scoring.

RedHand88

Is this a parody?

An Watcher

Is thr ref being tough on ireland?

weareros

weareros