Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:41:05 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:33:54 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:12:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:04:10 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 11:05:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2021, 11:00:48 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Exactly - Brit.  I suppose then your Lenny Murphy comment was a typo as well?  Thig liom tú a náiriú más maith leat - le do chlub agus tú ag caint faoi Billy Wright srl.  Not many typos there?  I will be watching your next sectarian typo.
Well documented that his preference at that stage was for rugby but was still playing minor football so if he was the Brit you tar him as he'd hardly have bothered with the football. I know plenty of people from Emyvale and who went to school with him and far from a Brit he was.
Why did he not go to Secondary School in Monaghan?  Plenty of choices.
You are correct could have attended Sem or Collegiate depending on preference but if wanting a bit of rugby exposure was in the mind of the parents then RSA 25 mins up the road was probably also a good option. I can't imagine wanting to feel like a Brit was high on the agenda. Maybe you know better.
So, for him, it was a sectarian choice - attend a Protestant school in the UK?
Hardly a bastion of loyalism and to this day plenty of Catholic, GAA playing families send their kids to it with no issues. It might seem unbelievable to you but plenty of people can go about their business without worrying about what religion someone is.
Religion?  Couldn't care less!  Up to parents/schools. I never asked what religion Tommy is - don't even know or care.  Maybe you do?
The best thing you can do is join Itchy and all the other lads that have an issue with rugby and just not watch it or get involved in it. It's doing you no good worrying about people's motivation for going to school etc. Just stick the Shamrocks and your own wee bubble and you'll be safe enough.
The 4 proud provinces of Ireland will be singing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday.  Pity you won't - you racist rugby supporter.  You sing God Save the Queen for Tommy and the rest - especially the British captain.
;D I'll toast The Queen before I go to bed as I do every night.
Is that Philomena Begley?!  So will Iain Henderson be Irish on Sunday?  Or is he British?  Or worse, is he Northern Irish, a bastard race!
Hmmm not sure it will bother me. He is within his rights to claim all 3. What about James Lowe, Josh VDF etc. You appear to save your ire for Ulster players. Chip on your shoulder? Did one of the big rugby boys beat you when you were a wee fella?
Afraid not - no rugby at our school.  We would have kicked the shite out of them.  So, will Iain Henderson, captain of the Irish team, sing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday or not?  Come on, big balls rugby prop, what will it be? 

smort

You'd think there weren't complicated issues around identity in these parts. You see it here and in the golf thread...
Anyway, don't think iain will have to worry about singing Amhrán na bhFiann, Irelands Call was the only anthem played last week

galwayman

Amhrainn na bhFiann is never played for away games anyway.
Only Ireland's Call.
Both are played for home games.
Not sure if it's any different this year without crowds etc.

general_lee

Who f**king cares? Have we another Angelo in the making?

DuffleKing

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 01:15:41 AM
Is that Philomena Begley?!  So will Iain Henderson be Irish on Sunday?  Or is he British?  Or worse, is he Northern Irish, a bastard race!
Hmmm not sure it will bother me. He is within his rights to claim all 3. What about James Lowe, Josh VDF etc. You appear to save your ire for Ulster players. Chip on your shoulder? Did one of the big rugby boys beat you when you were a wee fella?
[/quote]

Josh van der Flier!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 13, 2021, 09:34:56 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 01:15:41 AM

Josh van der Flier!
[/quote] ;D I meant Stander. And you made a quare balls of chopping that quote.

tonto1888

Who is this restorepride lad and where did he come from?

From the Bunker

Italy bring a lot to the 6 Nations. A lot of points to the team who are playing them.

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 13, 2021, 05:36:59 PM
Italy bring a lot to the 6 Nations. A lot of points to the team who are playing them.

They're dire and haven't improved in the 20 years they've been a part of it. Perennial whipping boys. There should be a relegation play off each year against the best next tier nation. Georgia or whoever that is.

galwayman

Only thing is the same would happen to that team if they managed to beat Italy.

trailer

Quote from: galwayman on February 13, 2021, 06:35:50 PM
Only thing is the same would happen to that team if they managed to beat Italy.

Very true but the threat of relegation might jizz them up a bit. Even the threat that if they keep getting hockeyed they'll be booted out.

sid waddell

f**king Scotland, they would mess it up after beating England

Fantastic game of rugby football though

That Rees-Zammit youngster for Wales is a star

JPGJOHNNYG

Wales are perennial spawny bastards