Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 12, 2021, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 08:54:50 PM
Burns and Gibson-Park at out half and scrum half respectively

You'd have to go back a good while for as uninspiring an Ireland half back combination as that

Back to the early 90s I'd say

Ralph Keyes and Gus Aherne springs to mind

Brian Smith and Rob Saunders too

They are definitely an uninspiring "Ireland" half back combination even if they aren't an Irish half back combination.
More Irish than some of our association football lads over the years
Not really.  Rugby can't even play Amhrán na bhFiann at all their games because of their lack of Irishness.
The Irish rugby team is a 32 county team

Of any of our international teams, they are the truest representation of Irishness

Amhrán na bhFiann is not the anthem of the 32 counties and it is rightly not played outside Dublin

I don't think it should be played in Dublin either
What shit.  Ulster rugby players view themselves as British not Irish.  Interesting that Sid should think that GAA members can not play Amhrán na bhFiann in Doire or Ard Mhacha. Racist.
"What shit" is an appropriate enough description of your post

And it's nakedly partitionist and sectarian, rejecting all the diversity of Irishness in favour of a turgid demand for a crushing monoculture
Interesting how you proclaim the 'diversity of Irishness'  in relation to Ulster Protestants when it suits your argument.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:41:05 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:33:54 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:12:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:04:10 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 11:05:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2021, 11:00:48 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Exactly - Brit.  I suppose then your Lenny Murphy comment was a typo as well?  Thig liom tú a náiriú más maith leat - le do chlub agus tú ag caint faoi Billy Wright srl.  Not many typos there?  I will be watching your next sectarian typo.
Well documented that his preference at that stage was for rugby but was still playing minor football so if he was the Brit you tar him as he'd hardly have bothered with the football. I know plenty of people from Emyvale and who went to school with him and far from a Brit he was.
Why did he not go to Secondary School in Monaghan?  Plenty of choices.
You are correct could have attended Sem or Collegiate depending on preference but if wanting a bit of rugby exposure was in the mind of the parents then RSA 25 mins up the road was probably also a good option. I can't imagine wanting to feel like a Brit was high on the agenda. Maybe you know better.
So, for him, it was a sectarian choice - attend a Protestant school in the UK?
Hardly a bastion of loyalism and to this day plenty of Catholic, GAA playing families send their kids to it with no issues. It might seem unbelievable to you but plenty of people can go about their business without worrying about what religion someone is.

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 12:41:11 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Exactly - Brit.  I suppose then your Lenny Murphy comment was a typo as well?  Thig liom tú a náiriú más maith leat - le do chlub agus tú ag caint faoi Billy Wright srl.  Not many typos there?  I will be watching your next sectarian typo.
Well documented that his preference at that stage was for rugby but was still playing minor football so if he was the Brit you tar him as he'd hardly have bothered with the football. I know plenty of people from Emyvale and who went to school with him and far from a Brit he was.
Do you ask the same question of Mayo lads who went to St. Jarlath's or Tipp lads who went to St. Kieran's or Clare lads who went to Árd Scoil Ris? ;D
What Mayo lads have posted on this thread recently?  Or maybe you want to start a darts' thread?  What about Derry lads who were at school in Ard Mhacha?  You wouldn't know much about that, though. 

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:44:18 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
You are correct could have attended Sem or Collegiate depending on preference but if wanting a bit of rugby exposure was in the mind of the parents then RSA 25 mins up the road was probably also a good option. I can't imagine wanting to feel like a Brit was high on the agenda. Maybe you know better.
Hardly a bastion of loyalism and to this day plenty of Catholic, GAA playing families send their kids to it with no issues. It might seem unbelievable to you but plenty of people can go about their business without worrying about what religion someone is.
Religion?  Couldn't care less!  Up to parents/schools. I never asked what religion Tommy is - don't even know or care.  Maybe you do?   

sid waddell

Quote from: michaelg on February 13, 2021, 12:43:17 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 12, 2021, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 08:54:50 PM
Burns and Gibson-Park at out half and scrum half respectively

You'd have to go back a good while for as uninspiring an Ireland half back combination as that

Back to the early 90s I'd say

Ralph Keyes and Gus Aherne springs to mind

Brian Smith and Rob Saunders too

They are definitely an uninspiring "Ireland" half back combination even if they aren't an Irish half back combination.
More Irish than some of our association football lads over the years
Not really.  Rugby can't even play Amhrán na bhFiann at all their games because of their lack of Irishness.
The Irish rugby team is a 32 county team

Of any of our international teams, they are the truest representation of Irishness

Amhrán na bhFiann is not the anthem of the 32 counties and it is rightly not played outside Dublin

I don't think it should be played in Dublin either
What shit.  Ulster rugby players view themselves as British not Irish.  Interesting that Sid should think that GAA members can not play Amhrán na bhFiann in Doire or Ard Mhacha. Racist.
"What shit" is an appropriate enough description of your post

And it's nakedly partitionist and sectarian, rejecting all the diversity of Irishness in favour of a turgid demand for a crushing monoculture
Interesting how you proclaim the 'diversity of Irishness'  in relation to Ulster Protestants when it suits your argument.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make - perhaps you might elaborate

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:50:44 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Religion?  Couldn't care less!  Up to parents/schools. I never asked what religion Tommy is - don't even know or care.  Maybe you do?
The best thing you can do is join Itchy and all the other lads that have an issue with rugby and just not watch it or get involved in it. It's doing you no good worrying about people's motivation for going to school etc. Just stick the Shamrocks and your own wee bubble and you'll be safe enough.

sid waddell

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:47:14 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Do you ask the same question of Mayo lads who went to St. Jarlath's or Tipp lads who went to St. Kieran's or Clare lads who went to Árd Scoil Ris? ;D
What Mayo lads have posted on this thread recently?  Or maybe you want to start a darts' thread?  What about Derry lads who were at school in Ard Mhacha?  You wouldn't know much about that, though.
You didn't answer the question

Hilarious that you're calling others British and complaining about somebody from Monaghan going to school "in the United Kingdom"

Sounds like you should have paid a bit more attention at school yourself  ;D

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:54:02 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
The best thing you can do is join Itchy and all the other lads that have an issue with rugby and just not watch it or get involved in it. It's doing you no good worrying about people's motivation for going to school etc. Just stick the Shamrocks and your own wee bubble and you'll be safe enough.
The 4 proud provinces of Ireland will be singing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday.  Pity you won't - you racist rugby supporter.  You sing God Save the Queen for Tommy and the rest - especially the British captain.

Tony Baloney

Anyhow I expect the Catholics, Protestants and Dissenters of the Irish rugby team to get beaten by at least 10 points tomorrow. Encouraging to see Burns in the mix after last weeks balls up and he gets a chance to make amends. Glad Murray has been removed as he isn't tje player he was and Farnell desperately needs to be succession planning.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:58:49 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
The 4 proud provinces of Ireland will be singing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday.  Pity you won't - you racist rugby supporter.  You sing God Save the Queen for Tommy and the rest - especially the British captain.
;D I'll toast The Queen before I go to bed as I do every night.

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 12:54:12 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

Hilarious that you're calling others British and complaining about somebody from Monaghan going to school "in the United Kingdom"

Looks like a Geography lesson for you!!!   Or maybe more Bullseye shit.  Can't wait to hear the Irish Rugby Captain sing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday.  Muineachán, An Cabhán agus Dún na nGall will be so excited.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 01:04:24 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

Looks like a Geography lesson for you!!!   Or maybe more Bullseye shit.  Can't wait to hear the Irish Rugby Captain sing Amhrán na bhFiann on Sunday.  Muineachán, An Cabhán agus Dún na nGall will be so excited.
Time for bed boss. You've had enough. Get The Broad Black Brimmer on, stick the earphones in and get to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 01:01:40 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Is that Philomena Begley?!  So will Iain Henderson be Irish on Sunday?  Or is he British?  Or worse, is he Northern Irish, a bastard race!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 01:11:29 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 01:01:40 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Is that Philomena Begley?!  So will Iain Henderson be Irish on Sunday?  Or is he British?  Or worse, is he Northern Irish, a bastard race!
Hmmm not sure it will bother me. He is within his rights to claim all 3. What about James Lowe, Josh VDF etc. You appear to save your ire for Ulster players. Chip on your shoulder? Did one of the big rugby boys beat you when you were a wee fella?

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 01:06:42 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 01:04:24 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

Time for bed boss. You've had enough. Get The Broad Black Brimmer on, stick the earphones in and get to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
Bedtime for you, a leanbh. Thanks, clearly you don't have any logical argument.  Didn't think you would capitulate so easily.  What the f**k is a Brimmer?