The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2021, 11:00:48 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Exactly - Brit.  I suppose then your Lenny Murphy comment was a typo as well?  Thig liom tú a náiriú más maith leat - le do chlub agus tú ag caint faoi Billy Wright srl.  Not many typos there?  I will be watching your next sectarian typo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 11:05:51 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Exactly - Brit.  I suppose then your Lenny Murphy comment was a typo as well?  Thig liom tú a náiriú más maith leat - le do chlub agus tú ag caint faoi Billy Wright srl.  Not many typos there?  I will be watching your next sectarian typo.

You called Bowe a Brit and I'm sectarian? Muppet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2021, 11:26:15 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

You confuse religion and nationality - so actually you are the Muppet! 

No confusion about your post re comparing teachers to a Shankill butcher.  Tell that to your teacher friends in Naomh Gall.  Sean Kelly will be delighted, I'm sure - not!  A post which was correctly deleted by the board.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 11:47:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2021, 11:26:15 PM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

You confuse religion and nationality - so actually you are the Muppet! 

No confusion about your post re comparing teachers to a Shankill butcher.  Tell that to your teacher friends in Naomh Gall.  Sean Kelly will be delighted, I'm sure - not!  A post which was correctly deleted by the board.   

Sorry you're just a bigot then

Tony Baloney

Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Well documented that his preference at that stage was for rugby but was still playing minor football so if he was the Brit you tar him as he'd hardly have bothered with the football. I know plenty of people from Emyvale and who went to school with him and far from a Brit he was.

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:04:10 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Well documented that his preference at that stage was for rugby but was still playing minor football so if he was the Brit you tar him as he'd hardly have bothered with the football. I know plenty of people from Emyvale and who went to school with him and far from a Brit he was.
Why did he not go to Secondary School in Monaghan?  Plenty of choices.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:12:04 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

Ask him ffs!!

You are digging a great f**king hole for yourself!

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2021, 12:13:00 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.

Ask him ffs!!

You are digging a great f**king hole for yourself!
You brought him into the conversation, you sectarian Belfast tube.  Now that it has backfired, you f**king ask him.  Will he be playing on Sunday? 

Milltown Row2

I know it's half term but stay off the crack lad.

You called the Ulster players Brits, keep up dumb ass

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 12, 2021, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 08:54:50 PM
Burns and Gibson-Park at out half and scrum half respectively

You'd have to go back a good while for as uninspiring an Ireland half back combination as that

Back to the early 90s I'd say

Ralph Keyes and Gus Aherne springs to mind

Brian Smith and Rob Saunders too

They are definitely an uninspiring "Ireland" half back combination even if they aren't an Irish half back combination.
More Irish than some of our association football lads over the years
Not really.  Rugby can't even play Amhrán na bhFiann at all their games because of their lack of Irishness.
The Irish rugby team is a 32 county team

Of any of our international teams, they are the truest representation of Irishness

Amhrán na bhFiann is not the anthem of the 32 counties and it is rightly not played outside Dublin

I don't think it should be played in Dublin either
What shit.  Ulster rugby players view themselves as British not Irish.  Interesting that Sid should think that GAA members can not play Amhrán na bhFiann in Doire or Ard Mhacha. Racist.
"What shit" is an appropriate enough description of your post

And it's nakedly partitionist and sectarian, rejecting all the diversity of Irishness in favour of a turgid demand for a crushing monoculture
A crushing monoculture?  Said like a true colonist - British style.  I doubt if you even understand the meaning of sectarian.  Rugby is the essence of partition with 'Ireland's Call'!  More like 'Divided Ireland's Call'! 

Tony Baloney

Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
You are correct could have attended Sem or Collegiate depending on preference but if wanting a bit of rugby exposure was in the mind of the parents then RSA 25 mins up the road was probably also a good option. I can't imagine wanting to feel like a Brit was high on the agenda. Maybe you know better.

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2021, 12:33:54 AM
Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
You are correct could have attended Sem or Collegiate depending on preference but if wanting a bit of rugby exposure was in the mind of the parents then RSA 25 mins up the road was probably also a good option. I can't imagine wanting to feel like a Brit was high on the agenda. Maybe you know better.
So, for him, it was a sectarian choice - attend a Protestant school in the UK?

sid waddell

Typo? Dead on.

Armagh.
Do you ask the same question of Mayo lads who went to St. Jarlath's or Tipp lads who went to St. Kieran's or Clare lads who went to Árd Scoil Ris? ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: restorepride on February 13, 2021, 12:27:16 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:15:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 12, 2021, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 08:54:50 PM
Burns and Gibson-Park at out half and scrum half respectively

You'd have to go back a good while for as uninspiring an Ireland half back combination as that

Back to the early 90s I'd say

Ralph Keyes and Gus Aherne springs to mind

Brian Smith and Rob Saunders too

They are definitely an uninspiring "Ireland" half back combination even if they aren't an Irish half back combination.
More Irish than some of our association football lads over the years
Not really.  Rugby can't even play Amhrán na bhFiann at all their games because of their lack of Irishness.
The Irish rugby team is a 32 county team

Of any of our international teams, they are the truest representation of Irishness

Amhrán na bhFiann is not the anthem of the 32 counties and it is rightly not played outside Dublin

I don't think it should be played in Dublin either
What shit.  Ulster rugby players view themselves as British not Irish.  Interesting that Sid should think that GAA members can not play Amhrán na bhFiann in Doire or Ard Mhacha. Racist.
"What shit" is an appropriate enough description of your post

And it's nakedly partitionist and sectarian, rejecting all the diversity of Irishness in favour of a turgid demand for a crushing monoculture
A crushing monoculture?  Said like a true colonist - British style.  I doubt if you even understand the meaning of sectarian.  Rugby is the essence of partition with 'Ireland's Call'!  More like 'Divided Ireland's Call'!
You're the poster complaining about somebody from Monaghan going to school in Armagh!

Looks like you're a true partitionist!