The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2019, 01:13:31 PM
Was there not issues with Zebo similar to PJ? I thought he didn't get on with Schmidt because of his party ways

Murray and Zebo got into a bit of bother about a night out alright, but wasn't in any way like the Jackson thing because in the latter there was a compliant about non consent.

Look Zebo went to France, it was his choice - he also is about 2 stone overweight since he went. It would be different if he was in the shape of his life.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 31, 2019, 12:23:06 PM
Was there not issues with Zebo similar to PJ? I thought he didn't get on with Schmidt because of his party ways

Murray and Zebo got into a bit of bother about a night out alright, but wasn't in any way like the Jackson thing because in the latter there was a compliant about non consent.

Look Zebo went to France, it was his choice - he also is about 2 stone overweight since he went. It would be different if he was in the shape of his life.
A lot of people can't seem to accept that Ireland were shite, the whole tournament and what happened was predicted from the outset. What difference would Zebo have made? My estimate is none. Get over it, also, the 1/4 finals in a rugby world cup isn't bad for Ireland, saying its the countries 4th/5th sport

Taylor

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 31, 2019, 12:31:28 PM

A lot of people can't seem to accept that Ireland were shite, the whole tournament and what happened was predicted from the outset. What difference would Zebo have made? My estimate is none. Get over it, also, the 1/4 finals in a rugby world cup isn't bad for Ireland, saying its the countries 4th/5th sport

Or to put it another way - 9 countries take it seriously and Ireland are the second worst out of all of them.

To say the 1/4 finals isnt bad is factually incorrect for a team that was ranked number 1 a few weeks earlier

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 31, 2019, 12:31:28 PM

Think people have a right to be a bit disappointed in what happened now. Regardless of where it might be in the ranking, fact is Ireland have/had a world class team but unfortunately it just looks like they were the best team in the world 12 months too early.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 30, 2019, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on October 30, 2019, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 30, 2019, 10:19:09 AM
Eoin Reddan was picked when he was playing with Wasps. Zebo likely would have been picked but himself and Schmidt didn't get along.

Darrell will probaly have him back in the Squad. Going back a while Keith Wood was picked when playing with Harlequins
Tommy Bowe was with the Ospreys as well, wasn't he?
Until 2012. Schmidt took over in 2013
Was Eoin Reddan not back with Leinster at that stage?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: LooseCannon on October 31, 2019, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 30, 2019, 03:20:01 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on October 30, 2019, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 30, 2019, 10:19:09 AM
Eoin Reddan was picked when he was playing with Wasps. Zebo likely would have been picked but himself and Schmidt didn't get along.

Darrell will probaly have him back in the Squad. Going back a while Keith Wood was picked when playing with Harlequins
Tommy Bowe was with the Ospreys as well, wasn't he?
Until 2012. Schmidt took over in 2013
Was Eoin Reddan not back with Leinster at that stage?
Yes.

Estimator

The shortlist for Rugby Player of the Year was released.
Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
Pieter-Steph du Toit (South Africa),
Tom Curry (England),
Cheslin Kolbe (South Africa),
Ardie Savea (New Zealand) and
Joe Taufete'e (USA).

Surprised none of Itoje, Farrell, or Liam Williams made the list.
AWJ and Taufete'e could be replaced by any of the three I've listed.
Ulster League Champions 2009

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Estimator on November 01, 2019, 11:19:04 AM
The shortlist for Rugby Player of the Year was released.
Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
Pieter-Steph du Toit (South Africa),
Tom Curry (England),
Cheslin Kolbe (South Africa),
Ardie Savea (New Zealand) and
Joe Taufete'e (USA).

Surprised none of Itoje, Farrell, or Liam Williams made the list.
AWJ and Taufete'e could be replaced by any of the three I've listed.

IF South Africa win tomorrow morning, the omission of Pollard and De Klerk will be glaring.

Captain Obvious

England to win by a bit to spare tomorrow morning?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Who are we hoping for? For myself, I'd like to see Rassie and Felix win it, but I am surprised by how ambivalent I am towards England. in rugby I normally don't like to see England even win the toss, but I have to say this team is great to watch.

I'll predict England by 13.

seafoid

I would like to see a Northern Hemisphere win. Plus it might inspire Ireland.

Wildweasel74

From the Bunker

Like most of the games in this World Cup - I don't care!

Farrandeelin

England will probably win but I hope they don't.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.