Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 08, 2018, 10:58:17 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 08, 2018, 10:48:47 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 01, 2018, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 01, 2018, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 01, 2018, 02:13:29 PM
Leinster not happy. Calling it forced migration.

Boo hoo.

Henshaw.

Henshaw was out of contract. Carberry had two years to run so hardly comparable. Plus Henshaw is from Leinster.

Maybe Carbery's girlfirend is from Cork?
Maybe the media market is bigger in Limerick than in Athy?
Maybe he can garner more corporate sponsorship form JP Mcmanus than from Denis O'Brien?
He will be playing with Conor Murray, Chris Farrell and Keith Earls which will be mean better combinations for Ireland cause there is no way a modern rugby player can develop such important partnerships in irish training??
Maybe the only way he can reach the level needed to star for Ireland is playing in the champions cup for Munster?

Henshaw played his local club rugby from U6's in Connacht. His dad played for the same club, his Unlce the same and he was a prop for Connacht. Henshaw played for his local school which is a Connacht rugby school and played all his provincial schools and youths rugby for Connacht and came through the Connacht academy so in fairness I don't think Leinster are able to claim him as one of their own from till he had the great choice of signing a contract for Ireland playing for Leinster or move abroad to France or England. In fairnes to Neil Francis he still calls Henshaw a Connacht player in most of his colums and always will see him as a bogger from out in bandit country!!!

Ah schadenfreude while extremely petty is so fulfilling at times, just ask the Rossies!! ;D

To be honest it's not as if Leinster are losing their star player,in reality they are losing an exciting and hugely talented but as yet unproven utility back/third choice outhalf. Ross Byrne could beat out Carbery in time at Ireland level as he has at provincial level and the yonger Byrne will be there to back up him and Sexton next year. Sylvester form the U20's and Lamour will give them plenty of young talent in the back three.

I was tongue in cheek about Henshaw. I coached Joey for 2 years and know his Dad pretty well and his girlfriend is from Kildare Town. The benefits are obvious for Irish rugby, it's still a forced migration as he was not out of contract, he didn't want to move period. Henshaw saw the opportunity and it's worked out pretty well for him hopefully it works out for Joey with the Munster Barbarians.

I was on a wind up too and look I know you are a proud Kildare man Dinny and I can totally see why you should be pissed off at this but you can see now why everybody in Connacht was fuming at what happened under the same influence of the IRFU and the national team setup. Like Connacht this was a big deal for Athy club rugby so I feel your frustration. Hopefully though when he is an Ireland star he might be back at Leinster or at least he will show a path for any young fella in the club to think I can realistically play pro and play for Ireland.

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 08, 2018, 11:07:02 AM
P Jackson has signed a 2 year deal with Perpignan!
Perpignan are Catalan. They do their own thing.

gallsman

Really good, tough test match so far.

Rudi

Harsh decision for the Aussie try

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on June 09, 2018, 12:37:04 PM
Harsh decision for the Aussie try

Nothing harsh about it. Blatant foul play earlier.

Delighted for that wonderful and exemplary Christian Folau after the way he pointed at Ryan before touching down.

screenexile

Aussie's have been very good Ireland have been quite toothless even with so much ball this half Australia look dangerous every time they get the ball!

gallsman

Moronic stuff from Murray there. He was right about the Aussie dark arts but cursing at the ref is just idiotic.

Rudi

Ireland were awful. Folau top class.

Syferus

We need to lose a few games to keep the other countries' spirits up.

Orchard park

How will rte and  the irish times deal with this setback. I though any team Schimdt put out was guarantted to win.

Young Ryan's record of never losing a professional game gone now.....

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on June 09, 2018, 01:17:26 PM
How will rte and  the irish times deal with this setback. I though any team Schimdt put out was guarantted to win.

Young Ryan's record of never losing a professional game gone now.....

This shïte at the end of the rugby season is just for sponsors and not for viewers. Who gives a shît if we win or lose any of these games, they don't even effect our WC seeding at this point.

Orchard park

Conor Murray certainly gave a shite....... I accept you  dont

JPGJOHNNYG

HT 16-14 to ireland but with possesion and territory ireland should be a lot further ahead.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 16, 2018, 11:56:09 AM
HT 16-14 to ireland but with possesion and territory ireland should be a lot further ahead.

Not really. The posession has been mainly in the middle third without making huge gains into the Aussie 22

JoG2

2 yellow cards to 1....mad stat that. A nervy last few mins now