The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Nigel Owens definitely helped yesterday

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 01, 2018, 10:16:35 AM
Nigel Owens definitely helped yesterday

Loads of people saying that because they remember thr zebo incident and the murray try but both decisions were correct though. Likewise Toulons try could have been calked either way but again it was the right decision. The only major mistake he actually made was not allowing Munster to play on when they scored in the corner

gallsman

Murray's one definitely wasn't correct. Ball clearly didn't go forward out of his hand.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on April 01, 2018, 01:16:09 PM
Murray's one definitely wasn't correct. Ball clearly didn't go forward out of his hand.
Just before second half started commentator said that once the Toulon player touched it with his hand, the ball was free for Murray to take. Didn't matter whether it went forward or back, according to him. Although I'd wonder why they looked at it so long if that was the case, so he could well be wrong. I thought ball went back first then bounced forward. Think that means "not forward", even though it ended up going forward.

I don't know how anyone could say Zebo didnt deliberately knock the ball out of Ashton's hands. It was the only thing he could do to stop the try and he did it very well. Maybe you could argue he didn't deliberately knock it out of play, even though that could be the only result.

gallsman

My understanding (possibly incorrect) is that the ruck would only have been over at that point, and thus enabled Murray to play the ball, if he had knocked it on and this given Munster an advantage.

Regardless of the technicalities, none of that takes away from the brilliance of Murray in noticing what had happened.

JPGJOHNNYG

Any links for the leinster match forgot it was on bt sports ffs

gallsman

Brilliant try there from Leavy.

gallsman

Great Leinster performance. Leavy just gets better and better. Ryan, too.

Tony Baloney

Good second half. Absorbed a lot of pressure in the first half.

SHEEDY

Leinster look like champions in waiting. Outstanding performances all over the field especially nacewa, ryan, toner and leavy. Serious strength from the bench now as well.
nil satis nisi optimum

Hardy

Betfair:
Leinster 1.7
Racing 4.3
Munster 5.8
Scarlets 7.2

Capt Pat

Where do Leinster play their semi? Does it have to be at a neutral venue?

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 01, 2018, 07:02:38 PM
Where do Leinster play their semi? Does it have to be at a neutral venue?

Leinster at home.