The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

In fairness ireland should have won that in first gear how they nearly lost it was amazing

Syferus

What was that shîte about Sexton and pressure kicks? The season was on the line with that kick. That feels like a kick that will enter folklore.

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on February 03, 2018, 06:48:45 PM
What was that shîte about Sexton and pressure kicks? The season was on the line with that kick.

he has blown a few in his time but that was fantastic kick in that pressure

Dinny Breen

Amazes me that if we lost that game people who have revelled in it.

Shit conditions. Shit game. Some finish. Clutch player.
#newbridgeornowhere

SHEEDY

Johnny sexton ye boy ye. What a kick!!
nil satis nisi optimum

Capt Pat

That was great. What a way to win in Paris.  8)

TabClear

Great pressure kick. Good to see the cheating French bastards lose. Already manipulating the HIA rule

Over the Bar

Canavan-esque from Sexton!   8)

JoG2

Quote from: TabClear on February 03, 2018, 07:06:56 PM
Great pressure kick. Good to see the cheating French b**tards lose. Already manipulating the HIA rule

The guilty sheepish head on the French doc!

That was unreal from Sexton. Some player. Christ but we never wear the favourite tag well

Hardy

Johnny Sexton  - approaching Ollie Murphy status.

Bord na Mona man

Sexton with a 42 metre drop goal attempt, or Sexton with a 32 metre penalty attempt. He'd nail the drop goal and over think the penalty.

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 03, 2018, 06:53:05 PM

The drop goal glosses over the fact that Ireland were muck against a French side there to be taken.

What amazes me is that people's doe-eye view of Irish rugby is such that rugby by numbers is so gleefully exalted whilst the soccer teams tactics take such a hammering. People can stick the boot in gaa teams playing unentertaining fare but the rugger lads can get away with murder so long as they win.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

thewobbler

You're wrong trileac.

When Ireland lose playing negative rugby, the pariahs appear just as much as they do in any sport.

The biggest difference in press coverage through is that even the most cynical of Irish analysts still wants their country to win. GAA doesn't have that luxury.

longballin

Quote from: trileacman on February 03, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 03, 2018, 06:53:05 PM

The drop goal glosses over the fact that Ireland were muck against a French side there to be taken.

What amazes me is that people's doe-eye view of Irish rugby is such that rugby by numbers is so gleefully exalted whilst the soccer teams tactics take such a hammering. People can stick the boot in gaa teams playing unentertaining fare but the rugger lads can get away with murder so long as they win.

Tyrone analysis of Irish rugby ... the irony   :)

stew

Quote from: JoG2 on February 03, 2018, 07:10:43 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 03, 2018, 07:06:56 PM
Great pressure kick. Good to see the cheating French b**tards lose. Already manipulating the HIA rule

The guilty sheepish head on the French doc!

That was unreal from Sexton. Some player. Christ but we never wear the favourite tag well

At what point does the referee use common sense and say, this is a leg injury and it will be treated as such, Sexton was incredulous at what was going on, f**k the French, they got what they deserved and if a Doctor cannot tell the truth about an injured player he should not be practicing medicine at sporting events!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.