The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2018, 02:28:11 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2018, 02:15:55 PM
"She was bladdered"......"did she go to the police the next day".....

Some of ye really need to take a look at yourselves.

I put a question mark at the end of that, I was asking the questions

some people only see and quote what they want

You probably should have read the article before commenting.

I'd already posted before that link became available... you shoulda checked the time of post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Even if any or all of accused get off with the charges, based on the undisputed facts and timeline of events I've read so far; they're guilty in my eyes. Surely if she was so "bladdered" she wouldn't have been fit to consent? Was that not the case in the Ched Evans court case?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on January 31, 2018, 02:34:58 PM
Even if any or all of accused get off with the charges, based on the undisputed facts and timeline of events I've read so far; they're guilty in my eyes. Surely if she was so "bladdered" she wouldn't have been fit to consent? Was that not the case in the Ched Evans court case?

Ive already stated after reading the account from the prosecution in that article that they will be going down.. I was hearing stories before the case was taken to court, as you do. I was only asking the question

How many right decisions have you made when you are hammered?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2018, 02:41:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 31, 2018, 02:34:58 PM

Ive already stated after reading the account from the prosecution in that article that they will be going down.. I was hearing stories before the case was taken to court, as you do. I was only asking the question

How many right decisions have you made when you are hammered?
I wasn't responding to you specifically, just giving my tuppence so far.

I don't think there's any excusing this sort of behaviour.  I know when drinks in the wits out, but this involves four defendants, I know one of them is probably in the shit for trying to cover for his mates but surely out of the other three one of them should have realised what they were doing was not only completely fucked up but also completely wrong!

Keyser soze

It's a good job none of you clowns are on a jury as you have already decided to convict having heard a second hand report of the first day's evidence from the prosecution, coupled with some snippets of gossip around the town and on the internet.

Why bother with a trial or having a defence. Some of the comments on here beggar belief.

Syferus

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 31, 2018, 03:04:44 PM
It's a good job none of you clowns are on a jury as you have already decided to convict having heard a second hand report of the first day's evidence from the prosecution, coupled with some snippets of gossip around the town and on the internet.

Why bother with a trial or having a defence. Some of the comments on here beggar belief.

"Second hand report" aka a blow-by-blow description from the court room by every major outlet.

Guess what bucko, you can't invent vaginal wall bleeding..

general_lee

It's called giving an opinion! It's hardly like anyone's calling for them to locked up for life! Maybe more will come out over the course of the trial which will see people change their opinions but from what I've read so far it doesn't look good for the accused! And you can bet there are bigger clowns sitting on that jury than me

general_lee

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 03:17:54 PM

"Second hand report" aka a blow-by-blow description from the court room by every major outlet.

In fairness you can get vaginal bleeding from consensual sex...

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on January 31, 2018, 01:08:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 31, 2018, 11:21:00 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 31, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
Olding is done for regardless of this. Jackson might, just might get a contract in Japan or with the Cheetahs or Southern Kings if not done.

If she was intoxicated its hard to see how the prosecution can get the verdict they want.

What would the maximum sentence be? 2-3 years?

Heard 'on the grapevine' neither will play for Ulster again no matter what.

Also heard that despite the initial barrage as previous link, the defense case is very strong and the girl in question is going to come under serious scrutiny as to her private life. Belfast isn't a very big place, after all.

There are no 'winners' in this one.

The tactic of trying to diminish the victim is a well-worn one in rape cases. Nothing strong and plenty scummy and desperate about it.

MR2, you either didn't read the case or you got hit in the head to post what you did.

She is only a victim if what she says is true. Thats for the jury to decide and consent or absent of consent will be the deciding factor. Who are the victims if she is telling lies?

The cops saw enough evidence to charge four different people. Let that sink in.

Its the CPS who decide if there is enough evidence to charge - and in england they also thought there was enough evidence to charge Liam Allan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42873618
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Minder

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 31, 2018, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on January 31, 2018, 01:08:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 31, 2018, 11:21:00 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 31, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
Olding is done for regardless of this. Jackson might, just might get a contract in Japan or with the Cheetahs or Southern Kings if not done.

If she was intoxicated its hard to see how the prosecution can get the verdict they want.

What would the maximum sentence be? 2-3 years?

Heard 'on the grapevine' neither will play for Ulster again no matter what.

Also heard that despite the initial barrage as previous link, the defense case is very strong and the girl in question is going to come under serious scrutiny as to her private life. Belfast isn't a very big place, after all.

There are no 'winners' in this one.

The tactic of trying to diminish the victim is a well-worn one in rape cases. Nothing strong and plenty scummy and desperate about it.

MR2, you either didn't read the case or you got hit in the head to post what you did.

She is only a victim if what she says is true. Thats for the jury to decide and consent or absent of consent will be the deciding factor. Who are the victims if she is telling lies?

The cops saw enough evidence to charge four different people. Let that sink in.

Its the CPS who decide if there is enough evidence to charge - and in england they also thought there was enough evidence to charge Liam Allan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42873618

That was more to do with disclosure, or lack of it, they knew he was innocent and had phone records to show he was innocent. You might get a smoking gun like that here
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 03:17:54 PM

Guess what bucko - it doesn't indicate non-consensual sex as the prosecution even alluded too

The court then heard that a friend persuaded her to go to The Rowan, a sexual assault referral centre in Antrim.

The prosecution said that a doctor who examined her found she had bruising and bleeding.

"These findings would be consistent with blunt trauma to the area but do not demonstrate whether the intercourse was consensual or not," the prosecution added.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hound

I think its amazing how many people think Case for Prosecution = Truth

Maybe it is, but maybe it's not.

Syferus

Those Frank the Tank posts won't be aging very well to say the least.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 03:53:20 PM
Those Frank the Tank posts won't be aging very well to say the least.

Im not sure exactly what that means - the lads may well be guilty - I just don't act as a judge without hearing all the evidence - or suggest that something such as vaginal wall bleeding would mean it was 100% rape when the prosecution themselves alluded to the fact that this is no indication if sex was consensual or not

Keyser soze

Thanks Syf for agreeing that you are relying on second hand news.

Moreover it is second hand news reporting of the outline of the prosecution's case, as far as I can see they have not yet produced a scintilla of evidence in this case. Though since it is scheduled to last 5 weeks it is unlikely there would be any evidence produced on day 1.

But sure you go ahead and fill your boots spoofing nonsense like you do ad nauseum on here.