The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 31, 2018, 11:21:00 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 31, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
Olding is done for regardless of this. Jackson might, just might get a contract in Japan or with the Cheetahs or Southern Kings if not done.

If she was intoxicated its hard to see how the prosecution can get the verdict they want.

What would the maximum sentence be? 2-3 years?

Heard 'on the grapevine' neither will play for Ulster again no matter what.

Also heard that despite the initial barrage as previous link, the defense case is very strong and the girl in question is going to come under serious scrutiny as to her private life. Belfast isn't a very big place, after all.

There are no 'winners' in this one.

The tactic of trying to diminish the victim is a well-worn one in rape cases. Nothing strong and plenty scummy and desperate about it.

MR2, you either didn't read the case or you got hit in the head to post what you did.

There was no case until the other day, there was some allegations and charges brought,  and then there was some heresay

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

caprea

Some lads need to go on a rape awareness course....2-3 years for rape?? Maybe in Uganda...Jackson is looking at serving 10-15 years and to me I've heard enough there is a very high probability  he will be found guilty.

Other poster saying if she intoxicated...doesn't matter..intoxication does not indicate consent.

GetOverTheBar

Olding is done for regardless of this. Jackson might, just might get a contract in Japan or with the Cheetahs or Southern Kings if not done.

If she was intoxicated its hard to see how the prosecution can get the verdict they want.

Also heard that despite the initial barrage as previous link, the defense case is very strong and the girl in question is going to come under serious scrutiny as to her private life. Belfast isn't a very big place, after all.

The tactic of trying to diminish the victim is a well-worn one in rape cases. Nothing strong and plenty scummy and desperate about it.

MR2, you either didn't read the case or you got hit in the head to post what you did.

You may take it up with those representing the defence. It might be scummy, it might be true, it might be false. But the only thing certain is, it's going to happen.

Hound

I think its odd among all the headlines that the bits where:

Another woman entered the room when the acts were ongoing and saw nothing suggesting non-consent
Jackson said she unzipped his trousers

...are buried deep at the end of the last article.

I find it very hard to believe that if the lads had committed a crime that they would be casually texting about it the next morning. They'd surely be crapping themselves and keeping the head down and fingers crossed.

The texts are horrible, but do nothing to suggest there was no consent, and it seems very similar to the two Munster lads apart from the reaction the following day.

But the evidence of the woman who walked in on them could be key for the defence.
The actions of the fourth guy, and I'm not sure exactly what they were, but it seems he may have thought something untoward happened, so that could help the prosecution.

I'm inclined to believe they're not guilty, until evidence shows otherwise.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on January 31, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on January 31, 2018, 01:08:07 PM

She is only a victim if what she says is true. Thats for the jury to decide and consent or absent of consent will be the deciding factor. Who are the victims if she is telling lies?

The cops saw enough evidence to charge four different people. Let that sink in.
It's not a police decision whether to charge or not.
This isn't a parking offence we are dealing with.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on January 31, 2018, 01:50:12 PM
I think its odd among all the headlines that the bits where:

Another woman entered the room when the acts were ongoing and saw nothing suggesting non-consent
Jackson said she unzipped his trousers

...are buried deep at the end of the last article.

I find it very hard to believe that if the lads had committed a crime that they would be casually texting about it the next morning. They'd surely be crapping themselves and keeping the head down and fingers crossed.

The texts are horrible, but do nothing to suggest there was no consent, and it seems very similar to the two Munster lads apart from the reaction the following day.

But the evidence of the woman who walked in on them could be key for the defence.
The actions of the fourth guy, and I'm not sure exactly what they were, but it seems he may have thought something untoward happened, so that could help the prosecution.

I'm inclined to believe they're not guilty, until evidence shows otherwise.

You're daft if you think people who believe they can rape a woman wouldn't be calously joking about it afterward.

You lifted a line about a woman wandering by but somehow missed the paragraph about how the victim was numbed by the experience, you must have some Hollywood idea of rape being something that only happens with a woman being held down shouting and roaring.

Anyone who thinks the woman would put herself through this sort of ringer of moral apologists and character assassinations only for it to be lies is either blinkered or smoking some seriously strong shît. There isn't a fûcking book deal or big money in it for rape victims.

caprea

There's bruising on the inner thigh, bleeding on the vaginal wall....but there's a question of evidence?

magpie seanie

"She was bladdered"......"did she go to the police the next day".....

Some of ye really need to take a look at yourselves.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2018, 02:15:55 PM

+1000

Walter Cronc

I think what posters are trying to say MS is whether the fact she was drunk will impact on the verdict. I'm assuming the defence will use the fact she was drunk to portray it as a regular thing and attack her background, which could see it turning messy.

I'm no law expert hence asking questions on here.

Someone made light of my assumption that the sentence might be a few years. Is that not what Ched Evans served??

magpie seanie

Evans was acquitted after a retrial I believe. Completely different case from my memory of it.

Walter Cronc

Cheers for clarifying MS. What was his initial sentence?

Walter Cronc

Just checked. Ched Evans got 5 years!

Milltown Row2

I put a question mark at the end of that, I was asking the questions

some people only see and quote what they want
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2018, 02:28:11 PM

I put a question mark at the end of that, I was asking the questions

some people only see and quote what they want

You probably should have read the article before commenting.