The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2017, 12:07:32 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 09, 2017, 12:00:52 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2017, 11:50:30 AM
Tommy Bowe - hate criticising the lad because he has been so good for us in the past but there's no way his selection is justified. He wasn't even in the original 36 (37 once corrected) man panel. "Trained the house down" - such bull.

Anyway - with Wayne Barnes on the whistle and a good Welsh side who could easily be unbeaten this is an uphill task. I'm sensing most people are thinking of the "championship decider" which is worryingly akin to the build up to the Scotland match. Losing to Wales would be a disaster, think it would put them ahead of us for 4th in World Rankings which are locked after 6 nations.

Wales currently sit in 7th place so don't think a win will make them jump above us. If they lose their last 2 games they could slip to 9th and end up in a group of death come the 2019 RWC. Tommy Bowe is there purely for defence against George North. North has been poor for a while now but I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up tomorrow night!

Wales dropped from 5th after losing to Scotland but if they win their last 2 and we lose our last 2 I think they'll be ahead of us. Scotland not far behind us too though I don't expect they'll beat England but if they did....

The reason you mention for Bowe's selection, if it's the case, is sad. Typical Joe though. The very things we criticise England for (too conservative, obsessed with systems, defence, robotic etc) we turn a blind eye when St Joe does them.

Bowe is defensively strong and good in the air. Rugby is as much about what you do without the ball as with it. The Connacht back tree aren't at the level required without the ball certainly not the level Schmidt demands and he does demand it.
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

I don't think I've ever heard a National Anthem blasted out like the Welsh players and crowd did it tonight.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

Time for a few hot whiskeys. Paddy Jackson on and Wales with a bash bash try..

Glenmore bull

Lads any decent links to free streaming for the game??

thewobbler

Leave wee paddy alone.

Sexton got smashed because his fullback isn't full for purpose.

We saw more pace in Wales' try than we have from Ireland's back three this season ((Gilroy's cameo excepted).

Syferus

Quote from: thewobbler on March 10, 2017, 08:36:14 PM
Leave wee paddy alone.

Sexton got smashed because his fullback isn't full for purpose.

We saw more pace in Wales' try than we have from Ireland's back three this season ((Gilroy's cameo excepted).

I'll make him a deal. I'll leave him alone as long as he remains on the bench..

Owen Brannigan

Welsh try down to Ringrose and his failure to tackle Webb before he sent to ball out wide.

Owen Brannigan

Murray in difficulties with his arm, affecting his passing of the ball and almost useless for him in the tackle.

thewobbler

Keith Earls. Jamie Heaslip.

Move them the f**k along please.

Farrandeelin

Just sat down when Sexton was walking off. What happened?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 10, 2017, 08:53:41 PM
Just sat down when Sexton was walking off. What happened?

Killing the ball on the line.  He got trapped in the ruck by Davies.  No way out for him but he still got the card.

Gmac

Is Creative play from the centers is a thing of the past inmodern rugby

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Gmac on March 10, 2017, 09:04:05 PM
Is Creative play from the centers is a thing of the past inmodern rugby

It is given the inexperience of Ringrose and the bashing Henshaw.

CiKe

Quote from: thewobbler on March 10, 2017, 08:53:05 PM
Keith Earls. Jamie Heaslip.

Move them the f**k along please.

Wobbler you are probably the most vocal critic on here. Only a casual watcher so out of interest what would be your first 15 and match day squad assuming no injuries?

thewobbler

Yes but are the centres the cause of the symptom?

If I was an Irish centre and saw the matchups outside me, I'd put my head down too.

Said it a few weeks ago. Ireland are a back 3 away from being a serious team. We just can't breakdown any team of substance with that back 3.