The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 26, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Limited knowledge of Rugby but Zebo looks petrified anytime he has the ball in an attacking situation, any decent wingers coming through to threaten Zebo and Earls as its a position Ireland look like their lacking a bit of class at this level.
he takes the ball into contact like a giraffe

Tony Baloney

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 26, 2017, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 26, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Limited knowledge of Rugby but Zebo looks petrified anytime he has the ball in an attacking situation, any decent wingers coming through to threaten Zebo and Earls as its a position Ireland look like their lacking a bit of class at this level.
he takes the ball into contact like a giraffe
I was impressed with Ringrose yesterday in the way he didn't shy away from carrying the ball into contact. Definitely not afraid to get involved in the grinder.

magpie seanie

I think the apparent rule not allowing players from Connacht to be picked needs to be reviewed. 😜

Some achievement to win last years Pro12 with no international calibre players bar Henshaw!

O'Haloran and Adeolokun surely better options than Kearney, Earls and possibly Zebo but Joe doesn't trust guys exposed to forward thinking coaching. We're the best team in the NH by a distance and should be winning this championship.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 27, 2017, 12:24:23 AM
I think the apparent rule not allowing players from Connacht to be picked needs to be reviewed. 😜

Some achievement to win last years Pro12 with no international calibre players bar Henshaw!

O'Haloran and Adeolokun surely better options than Kearney, Earls and possibly Zebo but Joe doesn't trust guys exposed to forward thinking coaching. We're the best team in the NH by a distance and should be winning this championship.

..yet we're getting our arses handed to us by Scotland. It's not even a given we're the best Celtic nation, nevermind the best home nation..

Asal Mor

The live Off the Ball show with O' Gara, Wood, O' Driscoll and O' Callaghan was excellent.

https://soundcloud.com/offtheball

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2017, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2017, 06:50:17 PM
What did Italy do?

They would tackle and then not form a ruck which meant they couldn't be offside and then flooded round the scrum half not allowing him to get the ball away as usual.

It confused the f**k out of the English to the point where Haskell asked the ref what he should do and Poite answered briliantly "I am the referee, not your coach!"

England found a way though and after the game Jones came out and said "it's not Rugby" and there's a few dicks on twitter backing him such as that clampet Dawson!!

Whilst my knowledge of the intricacies and legalities of Italy's tactics may be understandable as playing a few seasons for Ards 2's isn't the schooling you'd need I found it unbelievable that the captain and vice captain of England (as well as a good few of the team) didn't know the rule either and were all at sea.

Jones is pissed that he was made a dick of and his comments since reflect that. If he'd come up with it he'd be an even smugger little shit than he already is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 27, 2017, 09:04:49 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2017, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2017, 06:50:17 PM
What did Italy do?

They would tackle and then not form a ruck which meant they couldn't be offside and then flooded round the scrum half not allowing him to get the ball away as usual.

It confused the f**k out of the English to the point where Haskell asked the ref what he should do and Poite answered briliantly "I am the referee, not your coach!"

England found a way though and after the game Jones came out and said "it's not Rugby" and there's a few dicks on twitter backing him such as that clampet Dawson!!

Whilst my knowledge of the intricacies and legalities of Italy's tactics may be understandable as playing a few seasons for Ards 2's isn't the schooling you'd need I found it unbelievable that the captain and vice captain of England (as well as a good few of the team) didn't know the rule either and were all at sea.

Jones is pissed that he was made a dick of and his comments since reflect that. If he'd come up with it he'd be an even smugger little shit than he already is.

He's calling for the supporters to get their money back!! Proper WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

As coaches go Jones is a complete tool unless he is your own coach.

Mind you it is great seeing the captain & vc not having a clue about the rules of the game. Pigs, grunt etc

Walter Cronc

Poite was brilliant yesterday. Fair play to O'Shea, Venter and Catt.

I thought Jones couldnt get any worse. Looking forward to Ireland putting manners on him on March 18.

I'd love to see Payne in at FB if he can prove his fitness ahead of Wales. O'Halloran should be a cert on the 23. Not sure that Niyi has the defence to play at international rugby yet.

A worry for me would be Wales starting Sam Davies at 10 against us. He's much more of a threat than Biggar offensively.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 27, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
Poite was brilliant yesterday. Fair play to O'Shea, Venter and Catt.

I thought Jones couldnt get any worse. Looking forward to Ireland putting manners on him on March 18.

I'd love to see Payne in at FB if he can prove his fitness ahead of Wales. O'Halloran should be a cert on the 23. Not sure that Niyi has the defence to play at international rugby yet.

A worry for me would be Wales starting Sam Davies at 10 against us. He's much more of a threat than Biggar offensively.
Davies gave the best display I have seen from an OH for a long time in the Sportsground towards the latter stages of last season - I honestly cant understand how he is not getting into that Welsh team ahead of Biggar!  ...........and yes, TOH should be at least making the 23 every time!

passedit

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/836260681242542084

EXCLUSIVE: Conor O'Shea reveals another way to outwit James Haskell for 80 minutes.
Don't Panic

thewobbler

I fully enjoy my rugby.

But do RTE really need to make a f**king special programme to celebrate every national team victory? It has become rather offputting.

trileacman

Quote from: thewobbler on March 01, 2017, 10:33:19 PM
I fully enjoy my rugby.

But do RTE really need to make a f**king special programme to celebrate every national team victory? It has become rather offputting.

I used to love rugby but the hype around it nowadays is nauseating. It's very hard to warm to the game or team when its lauded for every little pass or ruck players make.

I never found it as bad until the last two seasons but the media bandwagon and spunk merchants like joe.ie, sindo, newstalk, and all mention of rugby on the internet would div your head. They're  much much much worse than the soccer crowd who view the Irish teams and players with at least a modicum of critical thought. Thankfully in the gaa the bittterness of inter county competition means hardly any player gets hyped beyond their station, Ciaran Kilkenny aside.

I watched this 6 nations with at best complete apathy and at worst contempt for the Irish side. I do want them to win but my eagerness is lessened by the thought of dearbhla from coolock cheerleading for her "world class" heroes. Even the way they build up tadhg furlong, a good decent lad, into some kind of cult hero for talking about farming or bacon and cabbage is beyond bizarre.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on March 01, 2017, 10:56:26 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 01, 2017, 10:33:19 PM
I fully enjoy my rugby.

I used to love rugby but the hype around it nowadays is nauseating. It's very hard to warm to the game or team when its lauded for every little pass or ruck players make.

I never found it as bad until the last two seasons but the media bandwagon and spunk merchants like joe.ie, sindo, newstalk, and all mention of rugby on the internet would div your head. They're  much much much worse than the soccer crowd who view the Irish teams and players with at least a modicum of critical thought. Thankfully in the gaa the bittterness of inter county competition means hardly any player gets hyped beyond their station, Ciaran Kilkenny aside.

I watched this 6 nations with at best complete apathy and at worst contempt for the Irish side. I do want them to win but my eagerness is lessened by the thought of dearbhla from coolock cheerleading for her "world class" heroes. Even the way they build up tadhg furlong, a good decent lad, into some kind of cult hero for talking about farming or bacon and cabbage is beyond bizarre.

I'd say the simple thing to do is don't watch it or open up any links to it, you'll be grand and more importantly stay off the Irish rugby thread... that's just mental
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea