The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Ireland need a quick start to the second half.

Captain Obvious

Great comeback by the Irish, need to close the game out now.

screenexile

Game over I think... need something special to win from here but no more than we deserve!

imtommygunn

Lost momentum at wrong time. Game pretty much scotlands :-\

Captain Obvious

Ah well. Deserved win for Scotland it must be said.

JPGJOHNNYG

Desperate on so many levels. Typical ireland couldnt close a game to save their lives. See how scotland stuffed the ball up their jumper calmly for 5 mins we can never do that always make a mistake or give away a penalty

Syferus

I hope the IRFU didn't order much Six Nations champions merch anyways.

Tony Baloney

Hopefully we don't see another 40 mins like that first half. May be an important bonus point! Definitely missed Sexton to control operations as it seemed like they were rudderless in the first half.

Onthe40

What a freakin downer..our back play is shocking tbh..scored 2 tries but more to brute force than good play..so much for favourites for the slam..autumn internationals seem along time ago now

screenexile

Ah lads just like we weren't gonna be World Champs after beating NZ in the Autumn losing one match isn't the end of the world. Teams have off days and I actually think there will be a few twists and turns this 6N and a good kick up the backside is what's needed!!

We can get it back on track!!

mikehunt

Winning pre season friendlies butter no parsnips.

The Stallion

Ireland don't seem to be very good at Rugby.

screenexile

Quote from: The Stallion on February 04, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
Ireland don't seem to be very good at Rugby.

Yeah they should probably give up!

French going well England not getting it all their own way!

trileacman

Henshaw is horribly horribly overrated as I've said before. An ignorant battering ram and as international standards go he's a poor one. Deserves nowhere near the standing he or this Ireland team have accumulated. There was a time before the hype brigade when Ireland were enjoyable to follow even when they were shite.

The Sindo and joe.ie have put paid to that. Now every clearing kick, side step and last Man tackle is treated as one the 7 wonders of the world. This Ireland side is much substandard to the previous and the sooner that it's recognised the better. Stander is another hype magnet too, tell me again of his love for shamrocks and bags of spuds whilst he shits the nest against inferior socttish back rows.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

JoG2

Sexton the difference in winning and losing tight matches.  Jackson very average though he was decent today in spells.  Keatley as backup.  No 10 is the pivotal position and the future doesn't look particularly bright on that front.