The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 05, 2016, 10:45:13 AM
Aki tweeted this morning. 'Feeling Pissed!'

Obviously wasnt in the know. Perhaps Pat has done the dirt on him. Dillane could have joined Munster but bought into the Connacht way also.

seafoid

The IRFU don't have the kind of money there is in England. Lam did an incredible job with Connacht. He could still replace JS.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on December 05, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
The IRFU don't have the kind of money there is in England. Lam did an incredible job with Connacht. He could still replace JS.

Surely O'Shea is in the hotseat for Schmidt's job after the WC?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on December 05, 2016, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 05, 2016, 11:08:39 AM

Surely O'Shea is in the hotseat for Schmidt's job after the WC?

I suppose it all depends how he gets on at Italy. Could go really well or bad. It was a massive risk taking it on but fair played to O'Shea! It'll not be an easy act to follow. Maybe Lancaster will look for it. I think he's the perfect man at Leinster to help bring through young players. Jones is reaping the rewards of his great work at England (World Cup aside)

seafoid

England unbeaten all year . Should be a good match in the 6N.

muppet

Guscott would have 5 Irishmen on the Lions 15 if it started tomorrow:

MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Used to get excited about the Lions but the more it goes on the harder it is to get interested. I'd be happy enough if not many Irish lads go. Prefer to see them fit and healthy in a green shirt.

How about Bernard Jackman for Connacht??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on December 05, 2016, 12:36:33 PM

Dallaglio said in the Sunday Times he wants a #10 to be bossy so he'd have Sexton  ;D!

seafoid

Ian McGeechan in the Torygraph picked the team of the autumn internationals and it had
Toner, Best,Furlong, Murray and Henshaw

Applesisapples

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 05, 2016, 12:55:57 PM
Used to get excited about the Lions but the more it goes on the harder it is to get interested. I'd be happy enough if not many Irish lads go. Prefer to see them fit and healthy in a green shirt.

How about Bernard Jackman for Connacht??
The Lions is like the Ryder Cup, of no interest to me.

JPGJOHNNYG

The Lions has lost its magic simply because the 'home' nations in the last 10 yrs have caught up. This test in NZ will be good because NZ are so dominant but future tours to OZ and SA will be boring. England smashed Australia 3-0 in Australia last summer and Ireland really should have beaten SA in SA twice. Ireland have won more than lost against SA/AUS in the last 10 yrs and Im sure England have a similar record even the Scots have given Australia a few good games with only the Welsh last test aside being battered by the big 3 time and time again

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 05, 2016, 02:39:07 PM
The Lions has lost its magic simply because the 'home' nations in the last 10 yrs have caught up. This test in NZ will be good because NZ are so dominant but future tours to OZ and SA will be boring. England smashed Australia 3-0 in Australia last summer and Ireland really should have beaten SA in SA twice. Ireland have won more than lost against SA/AUS in the last 10 yrs and Im sure England have a similar record even the Scots have given Australia a few good games with only the Welsh last test aside being battered by the big 3 time and time again

Money is changing things

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/dec/05/autumn-internationals-2016-verdict-guardian-writers-highs-and-lows
Worst performance of the autumn

MA South Africa. Take your pick. The Italy defeat was the most shocking, so let's go for that, but there is a serious concern here. The financial power in England and France has torn Pacific Island rugby apart and now it's moving on to the next. South Africa have been stripped bare. Australia are wobbling. New Zealand are holding out. For now. But not even they are above this particular menace to rugby's global balance

Jim_Murphy_74

I wonder what he thinks of Farrell playing 12 and Ford at out-half?

I think O'Brien really hasn't played enough games recently to warrant selection.  A good 6 Nations run without injury would be needed.

I would prefer to see Heaslip at no. 8, Billy is a battering ram but Jamie a leader.

Gatty is not going to go with only 2 Welsh men.

Hartley might make the squad but will surely be suspended before the plane leaves.

/Jim.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on December 05, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

I wonder what he thinks of Farrell playing 12 and North at out-half?

I think O'Brien really hasn't played enough games recently to warrant selection.  A good 6 Nations run without injury would be needed.

I would prefer to see Heaslip at no. 8, Billy is a battering ram but Jamie a leader.

Hartley might make the squad but will surely be suspended before the plane leaves.

/Jim.

Ford, I presume??

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 05, 2016, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on December 05, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

I wonder what he thinks of Farrell playing 12 and North at out-half?

/Jim.

Ford, I presume??

Yup, fixed above.

/Jim.