The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

I'm beginning to think that Tadhg Furlong.......whisper it.... could take Larry Reilly!
MWWSI 2017

The Trap

Fantastic spirit to grind it out. Well done......bring on the 6 nations.

Captain Obvious

Half time lead was key, another great win for the Irish.

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on November 26, 2016, 07:11:44 PM
I'm beginning to think that Tadhg Furlong.......whisper it.... could take Larry Reilly!

That's crazy talk

tonto1888

Am I right in thinking we are the first NH team to beat aus NZ and SA in the same calendar year

muppet

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 26, 2016, 07:32:47 PM
Am I right in thinking we are the first NH team to beat aus NZ and SA in the same calendar year

England 2003 - the year they won the World Cup.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Not a proper win. Not recognised by Bomber.

Estimator

Quote from: muppet on November 26, 2016, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 06:46:34 PM
Someone said there was strength in depth to cope with injuries!

Not this many injuries.

The match-day 23 doesn't really allow for too many injuries, especially in the backs. Losing Kearney, Payne and Trimble by half time meant that a few lads had to cover positions that they wouldn't be totally comfortable with.
Ulster League Champions 2009

trileacman

A wonderful performance. I pitied Marmion, he's a small lad played out of position on the wing for 40 mins, he played really admirably. Likewise I thought Zebo and Earls really stepped up to the plate. They're not the biggest but they lead by example there at the death and played really smartly.

Ringrose is a real f**king star, we should definitely be considering him ahead of either Payne or Henshaw who are nowhere near matching the D4 hype around them that got generated post BOD retirement. Carbery struggled whilst playing out of position and was liable a few times out there.

All in all, a much better performance that vs NZ in Dublin which was very dissappointing.

f**k Chieka is talking to SKY here and he's one miserable ****.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Henshaw is our best player, particularly given Sexton's limited availability these days. Ringrose has potential but he's still only a rangey sort of player that will get exposed on the back-foot when the heat is on. Still needs to be eased into the team. Too much second coming stuff about him after a few good plays. His try today owed as much to Toner's fat arse as his brilliance.

Payne is just ok but his experience is what has kept Ringrose on the sidelines so far.

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on November 26, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
Henshaw is our best player, particularly given Sexton's limited availability these days. Ringrose has potential but he's still only a rangey sort of player that will get exposed on the back-foot when the heat is on. Still needs to be eased into the team. Too much second coming stuff about him after a few good plays. His try today owed as much to Toner's fat arse as his brilliance.

Payne is just ok but his experience is what has kept Ringrose on the sidelines so far.

Henshaw has never played to his potential for Ireland the way he did Connacht. He is a pure smash artist and in test rugby usually matched against a better smash artist than himself.

bennydorano

Henshaw is 23, I think it's fair to say his best years are ahead of him.

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on November 26, 2016, 08:09:44 PM

I reckon if fit, he'll tour with the Lions and possibly start a test.

MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Quote from: bennydorano on November 26, 2016, 08:09:44 PM

He has potential but has not produced in a regard that means he is the first name on the team sheet. I'm not slating the lad but there's a hype and reputation around him that is unjustified in an Ireland shirt. He was excellent for Connacht last year without doubt but I haven't seen that from him in the green and white of Ireland.

Main Street

That was a brilliant recovery from the floor against the 'awesome' Aussies.