The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: AhNowRef on November 22, 2016, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on November 22, 2016, 03:00:43 PM
Wouldn't usually watch the rugby but mrs said there was a game on. My brother who has no interest in sport was roaring at the tv too. After 20 minutes of savage hits and three subs on cos of injuries my bro says 'u wouldn't see that in hurling or footie'. I admitted he was right but also noted that sport should involve some semblance of skill, something only shown in glimpses by the best team out of the 8 that play it. A sport which is adored by as many women as men should be treated with total suspicion.

Why's that ?
Women don't like sport but like rugby. Something doesn't add up. Very suspicious.

AhNowRef

Quote from: lenny on November 22, 2016, 03:34:10 PM
Wouldn't usually watch the rugby but mrs said there was a game on. My brother who has no interest in sport was roaring at the tv too. After 20 minutes of savage hits and three subs on cos of injuries my bro says 'u wouldn't see that in hurling or footie'. I admitted he was right but also noted that sport should involve some semblance of skill, something only shown in glimpses by the best team out of the 8 that play it. A sport which is adored by as many women as men should be treated with total suspicion.

Yawn, yawn, another troll.

Looks like it .. This one's yet another genius by the looks of things  ::)

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

oisinog

Quote from: mikehunt on November 22, 2016, 03:44:23 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on November 22, 2016, 03:24:47 PM

Why's that ?
Women don't like sport but like rugby. Something doesn't add up. Very suspicious.

And yet up and down the country you find Women at GAA games week in week out

Dont even get me started on Tyrone Women

seafoid

Henshaw was concussed via a shoulder to the jaw. I was just thinking about what Joe Canning said about sport when Davy Fitz had some medical trouble.

Main Street

Quote from: PW Nally on November 22, 2016, 07:08:29 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 22, 2016, 04:34:09 PM
Paul kimmage was captived yet repulsed by the game.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/the-game-is-in-serious-trouble-because-this-is-a-disgrace-paul-kimmage-on-bruising-ireland-v-all-blacks-clash-35235198.html
On yer bike Paul!
I think his opinion is fair enough, the assault on Henshaw was a premeditated  to inflict damage and take out an important player. Players need to be better protected from such assaults. For a start, that video ref needs to chucked into very deep water.
Would you not agree?

Wildweasel74

we coming across as awful criers for losing on Saturday, the All- Blacks were too rough on us, there were 4 bad tackles in the game, the high tackle by the NZ centre which could been red, Sexton which should been a yellow, a possible stamping incident which didn't get cited (deemed accidental) and Canes high tackle on Henshaw which was only a yellow.

Cane was hitting him square on the back before Henshaw spin round and straight into Cane coming flat out. I seen as many hard and high hits the next day in the Rugby league between Australia and New Zealand, and not much was made of it.

As for the Ref flavoring NZ, i thought he let us away alot at the break down, while he give NZ the benefit in other areas.

Bottom line, when New Zealand line out eventually at full strength they are stronger than Ireland at full strength, Only Furlong, Murray, O`Brien and possible Henshaw would get on the All-Black Team and none of them would have got on the NZ team which won the world cup this time last year

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 22, 2016, 09:10:53 PM
we coming across as awful criers for losing on Saturday, the All- Blacks were too rough on us, there were 4 bad tackles in the game, the high tackle by the NZ centre which could been red, Sexton which should been a yellow, a possible stamping incident which didn't get cited (deemed accidental) and Canes high tackle on Henshaw which was only a yellow.

Cane was hitting him square on the back before Henshaw spin round and straight into Cane coming flat out. I seen as many hard and high hits the next day in the Rugby league between Australia and New Zealand, and not much was made of it.

As for the Ref flavouring NZ, i thought he let us away alot at the break down, while he give NZ the benefit in other areas.
Salt and pepper?

Main Street

we coming across as awful criers for losing on Saturday,
What are you crying about, we should have targeted  4 or 5 All Black and took them out of the game and let them moan, we play a soft game.

Wildweasel74

Got beat, crying about getting man-handled, there were 3 defined bad tackles in the game, 1 committed by a Irish player! The Ref against us yet lets us get away with blue murder at the breakdown, go figure. Better take the defeat and move on.

Could played another 80 mins and weren't going to score a try last Saturday. The minute we go for 3 points, when we camped 5 -10m out twice says alot about our mentality, the team we were playing would not have took the same option and went for it.

We the best country in the world for making excuses for getting beat.

johnneycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 22, 2016, 09:57:17 PM
Got beat, crying about getting man-handled, there were 3 defined bad tackles in the game, 1 committed by a Irish player! The Ref against us yet lets us get away with blue murder at the breakdown, go figure. Better take the defeat and move on.

Could played another 80 mins and weren't going to score a try last Saturday. The minute we go for 3 points, when we camped 5 -10m out twice says alot about our mentality, the team we were playing would not have took the same option and went for it.

We the best country in the world for making excuses for getting beat.

Totally agree, although most of the whinging is coming from the media and not the Irish camp as far as I can see.

Rudi

Quote from: Main Street on November 22, 2016, 09:43:28 PM
What are you crying about, we should have targeted  4 or 5 All Black and took them out of the game and let them moan, we play a soft game.

I would not be one for crying and I would accept we were beaten by a better side. However without rules anarchy prevails. World rugby issued some rule clarifications in relation to high tackles, New Zealand more often than not did not follow them and the referee/ video match official did not police them. Sextons effort at try saving tackle should have been a yellow.

Wildweasel74

High tackles have been going on for years and up to very recently was only a penalty or yellow card offense, yes they are very dangerous, but i see a neck roll on the ground as a more dangerous tackle which currently is only a penalty and in extremes a yellow. 

Worst tackle i had seen in rugby along with O`Driscoll was the Wales No.7 Sam W in the 2011 world cup and everybody gave out cause it destroyed the game and the ref was given a  hard time, but he was correct at the time and in hindsight when everyone took the blinkers off.

Seem a few dodgy bumps in the line out on the jumper which given the height he is up, to me would be highly dangerous,

Again on engagement in the scrum, the driving upwards which is more common  these days by props again is very dangerous on opposite players.

trileacman

Quote from: Rudi on November 22, 2016, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 22, 2016, 09:43:28 PM

I would not be one for crying and I would accept we were beaten by a better side. However without rules anarchy prevails. World rugby issued some rule clarifications in relation to high tackles, New Zealand more often than not did not follow them and the referee/ video match official did not police them. Sextons effort at try saving tackle should have been a yellow.

That's bollix too. Sexton made a genuine attempt at stop a try and did Barrett f**k all harm. Kane's was not a yellow and sextons was certainly not.

The whining about New Zealand beating us is shameful and makes me embarrassed to be Irish. Rough house tactics are part and parcel of rugby, always have been. There's been some right nasty Irish players down the years; Brennan and Neil best notable mentions.

The only real tackle that was strictly beyond the pale was on zebo. It was incredibly reckless and dirty. New Zealand consistently push the limit of the rules, fair play to them, if we were doing it and winning rugby world cups there wouldn't be a word about it and our media would be fawning over them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014