The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on November 19, 2016, 09:10:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 19, 2016, 07:56:41 PM
Regarding Henshaw he got a shoulder in the jaw. TMO didn't look enough. Then Barrett's try, he was embarrassed to even talk about it in the interview afterwards. No way the TMO clearly saw a grounding. The last pass of the last try looked forward but we didn't see a definitive angle on that.

I agree with JoG2 regarding the All-Blacks. A couple of metres away from the action I saw a 2nd row or possibly Read very deliberately drop both knees into the neck/jaw of a prone Irish player lying on the ground.

Great effort but needed a bit of luck, like O'Brien not knocking on that time, could have meant a tight finish.

Tadhg Furlong is some tight-head. I have only ever seen Irish 3s lumber from scrum to scrum so, I was astonished at his all round effort.

Overall....

Very good front row with decent replacements.
Very good options in the 2nd row.
Unbelievable talent available in the back row.
1st choice 9 & 10 top class but weak after that.
Centres top class and Ringrose looked very good.
Wings plenty of options.
FB very good and I think there are options there too.

Really looking forward to the 6N now.

On first viewing Barrett can been seen to ground the ball. Yes Sexton impedes half the ball but a rugby ball is wider than a mans fore-arm. The other end I would say is grounded. As far as I can recal the Tmo doesn't need to directly see the ball being grounded, as far as I recall he may extrapolate from the images. Ireland scored a try in Chicago that was not clearly visible on the re-runs but there was no player to obstruct the try and so it was correctly awarded.

Actually that is true.

Barrett was genuinely embarrassed though in his interview. He apologised for going for the posts and said he wouldn't do that again.
MWWSI 2017

mouview

Quote from: Rudi on November 19, 2016, 08:24:37 PM
The NZ defence was outstanding, super line speed. They deserved to win, second try was a try, third was a forward pass. Heaslip was outstanding as was O Brien. Are Ireland the second best team in the world? Fair play for no collapse in the last 15, super effort overall. NZ play on the edge and have a nasty cynical side.

Thought pass that set Barrett free for his try looked forward, surprised panel didn't analyse it at HT. Thought pass for 3rd try looked flat at worst.

Il Bomber Destro

Lovely montage of women screaming blue murder about the match officials on RTE there.

Rugby football is farcical, nobody has a clue what is going on which makes the "big rugby men" here even more hilarious.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mouview on November 19, 2016, 09:36:02 PM
The NZ defence was outstanding, super line speed. They deserved to win, second try was a try, third was a forward pass. Heaslip was outstanding as was O Brien. Are Ireland the second best team in the world? Fair play for no collapse in the last 15, super effort overall. NZ play on the edge and have a nasty cynical side.

Thought pass that set Barrett free for his try looked forward, surprised panel didn't analyse it at HT. Thought pass for 3rd try looked flat at worst.

On first viewing I thought the pass for the 3rd try was forward. The replay from the sideline seemed to be straight, not forward imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on November 19, 2016, 09:01:58 PM
I threw the Lions in just for you... good trollin' lad keep her lit!!
You're not a troll bitch are you? You have some common sense?
Just say no.
Ignore the troll completely.

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 19, 2016, 09:56:52 PM
Quote from: mouview on November 19, 2016, 09:36:02 PM

On first viewing I thought the pass for the 3rd try was forward. The replay from the sideline seemed to be straight, not forward imo.
it was close enough to deserve a video ref  inspection in order to be definitive, even though the video ref was a sixpence  short of a shilling.

tiempo

Quote from: muppet on November 19, 2016, 07:56:41 PM
A couple of metres away from the action I saw a 2nd row or possibly Read very deliberately drop both knees into the neck/jaw of a prone Irish player lying on the ground.

That was a dirty action, of course they'll not be cited, the "All-Blacks" can't be cited

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 08:45:18 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 19, 2016, 08:38:13 PM

Beat the Aussies next week and win the 6 Nations and we are!!

A bit disappointed but NZ were a different animal today and losing the 3 lads the way we did meant we had no chance. Having said that 3 young lads came in for them and played well particularly VDF he was superb!

A long way to go until the WC so we just need to keep winning the 6 Nations until then.

I think with England and Ireland in their current form the Lions will have a decent chance next summer!!!

Pity of you Bomber would have thought you'd be on cloud 9 with your lads beating the Springboks today . . .

The second best team in the world who can't even get to the last 4 in their World Cup.

Absolutely hilarious delusion.

Rugby in Italy is played by farmers in Lombardy, it doesn't feature on a national stage.
Yeah, maybe, but most of those farmers have shagged off to France to play rugby there so where they came from doesn't count.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Main Street on November 19, 2016, 10:36:09 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 19, 2016, 09:01:58 PM
I threw the Lions in just for you... good trollin' lad keep her lit!!
You're not a troll bitch are you? You have some common sense?
Just say no.
Ignore the troll completely.

Agree just ignore the posts from the troll.  I actually have a small javascript snippet I wrote which removes msgs from the troll appearing on.the screen... 8)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 09:41:33 PM
Lovely montage of women screaming blue murder about the match officials on RTE there.

Rugby football is farcical, nobody has a clue what is going on which makes the "big rugby men" here even more hilarious.
It's really no surprise that you don't understand the rules!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on November 19, 2016, 10:58:26 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 09:41:33 PM

It's really no surprise that you don't understand the rules!

Nobody understands the rules, sure aren't ye always arguing rules with each other.

orangeman

Superb effort by the Irish side. New Zealand physically upped their game and inflicted serious damage on the irish players. Ireland I would imagine will be well short next week.
Ireland did everything but cross the line as New Zealand seemed happy to concede penalties to prevent what looked like inevitable irish tries.

Il Bomber Destro

Ignoring the fact that the West Brits have a tradition of failure seems to be the mantra from the glory in defeat bandwagoners today.

Even when they lose, rugby football cannot lose with this kind of attitude, above criticism and incapable of failure no matter the result - I give you rugby football.

Main Street

Quote from: orangeman on November 19, 2016, 11:23:24 PM
Superb effort by the Irish side. New Zealand physically upped their game and inflicted serious damage on the irish players. Ireland I would imagine will be well short next week.
Ireland did everything but cross the line as New Zealand seemed happy to concede penalties to prevent what looked like inevitable irish tries.
I think Ireland badly needed to respond by getting many retaliations in early and target the perpetrators, then the  Irish players can say afterwards, 'what are those  kiwis moaning about? there was no malice intended'.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: orangeman on November 19, 2016, 11:23:24 PM

Hilarious - glory in yet another home defeat to one of their only competitors in this niche sport.

The attitude in this country to failure in such a shallow pool is probably unique in sport.