The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Gutsy is the last word that I'd use to describe that side.

Gutsy gets the job done, these bottlers rarely manage it.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Il Bomber Destro

What will the doctor order?

1 round of happy clapping for the goys?

Imbeciles.

Syferus

Donal Lenihan is an awful man for celebrating failure. We played tough but had no cutting edge at all. Didn't help the ref was against us too. Worried about a damaging blow-out against the Aussies such is our injury list now. Winning that one was always more important because two losses will stop any momentum from the Chicago win in its tracks.

muppet

Regarding Henshaw he got a shoulder in the jaw. TMO didn't look enough. Then Barrett's try, he was embarrassed to even talk about it in the interview afterwards. No way the TMO clearly saw a grounding. The last pass of the last try looked forward but we didn't see a definitive angle on that.

I agree with JoG2 regarding the All-Blacks. A couple of metres away from the action I saw a 2nd row or possibly Read very deliberately drop both knees into the neck/jaw of a prone Irish player lying on the ground.

Great effort but needed a bit of luck, like O'Brien not knocking on that time, could have meant a tight finish.

Tadhg Furlong is some tight-head. I have only ever seen Irish 3s lumber from scrum to scrum so, I was astonished at his all round effort.

Overall....

Very good front row with decent replacements.
Very good options in the 2nd row.
Unbelievable talent available in the back row.
1st choice 9 & 10 top class but weak after that.
Centres top class and Ringrose looked very good.
Wings plenty of options.
FB very good and I think there are options there too.

Really looking forward to the 6N now.
MWWSI 2017

OgraAnDun

Reminded me a bit of the last couple of years of Kidney's tenure, knock on and error after knock on and error in the opponent's 22.

Rudi

The NZ defence was outstanding, super line speed. They deserved to win, second try was a try, third was a forward pass. Heaslip was outstanding as was O Brien. Are Ireland the second best team in the world? Fair play for no collapse in the last 15, super effort overall. NZ play on the edge and have a nasty cynical side.

Rudi

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rudi on November 19, 2016, 08:24:37 PM
Are Ireland the second best team in the world?

It's ok, I'll field this one lads.

No, the West British rugby side are not the second best team in the world. After tonight's friendly defeat they would still remain somewhere between 5th and 8th in the 8 teams that take rugby seriously.

Estimator

Superb result for Conor O'Shea and his Italian side against the Springboks. The Welsh were v lucky to win against the Japanese. Having pulled it level the Japanese made a few mistakes in the last 5minutes. Didn't see much of the Scots against Argentina.
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile

The NZ defence was outstanding, super line speed. They deserved to win, second try was a try, third was a forward pass. Heaslip was outstanding as was O Brien. Are Ireland the second best team in the world? Fair play for no collapse in the last 15, super effort overall. NZ play on the edge and have a nasty cynical side.

Beat the Aussies next week and win the 6 Nations and we are!!

A bit disappointed but NZ were a different animal today and losing the 3 lads the way we did meant we had no chance. Having said that 3 young lads came in for them and played well particularly VDF he was superb!

A long way to go until the WC so we just need to keep winning the 6 Nations until then.

I think with England and Ireland in their current form the Lions will have a decent chance next summer!!!

Pity of you Bomber would have thought you'd be on cloud 9 with your lads beating the Springboks today . . .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on November 19, 2016, 08:38:13 PM

Beat the Aussies next week and win the 6 Nations and we are!!

A bit disappointed but NZ were a different animal today and losing the 3 lads the way we did meant we had no chance. Having said that 3 young lads came in for them and played well particularly VDF he was superb!

A long way to go until the WC so we just need to keep winning the 6 Nations until then.

I think with England and Ireland in their current form the Lions will have a decent chance next summer!!!

Pity of you Bomber would have thought you'd be on cloud 9 with your lads beating the Springboks today . . .

The second best team in the world who can't even get to the last 4 in their World Cup.

Absolutely hilarious delusion.

Rugby in Italy is played by farmers in Lombardy, it doesn't feature on a national stage.

Il Bomber Destro

And don't get me started about "The Lions", half of the rugby playing sides joining up together to fly half way around the world to play one of the other rugby playing sides in a series of friendlies.

It's f**king bobbins.

;D

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 08:47:58 PM
And don't get me started about "The Lions", half of the rugby playing sides joining up together to fly half way around the world to play one of the other rugby playing sides in a series of friendlies.

It's f**king bobbins.

;D

I threw the Lions in just for you... good trollin' lad keep her lit!!

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on November 19, 2016, 07:56:41 PM
Regarding Henshaw he got a shoulder in the jaw. TMO didn't look enough. Then Barrett's try, he was embarrassed to even talk about it in the interview afterwards. No way the TMO clearly saw a grounding. The last pass of the last try looked forward but we didn't see a definitive angle on that.

I agree with JoG2 regarding the All-Blacks. A couple of metres away from the action I saw a 2nd row or possibly Read very deliberately drop both knees into the neck/jaw of a prone Irish player lying on the ground.

Great effort but needed a bit of luck, like O'Brien not knocking on that time, could have meant a tight finish.

Tadhg Furlong is some tight-head. I have only ever seen Irish 3s lumber from scrum to scrum so, I was astonished at his all round effort.

Overall....

Very good front row with decent replacements.
Very good options in the 2nd row.
Unbelievable talent available in the back row.
1st choice 9 & 10 top class but weak after that.
Centres top class and Ringrose looked very good.
Wings plenty of options.
FB very good and I think there are options there too.

Really looking forward to the 6N now.

On first viewing Barrett can been seen to ground the ball. Yes Sexton impedes half the ball but a rugby ball is wider than a mans fore-arm. The other end I would say is grounded. As far as I can recal the Tmo doesn't need to directly see the ball being grounded, as far as I recall he may extrapolate from the images. Ireland scored a try in Chicago that was not clearly visible on the re-runs but there was no player to obstruct the try and so it was correctly awarded.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014