The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Doubt the referee will be too welcome in Kiely's for his after match pints.

Wildweasel74

The ability with hands and quick ball ahs shown the big difference in the teams, ireland have played well but no cutting edge

Captain Obvious

Two very dodgy looking tries for New Zealand tonight.

trileacman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 19, 2016, 07:11:48 PM
Two very dodgy looking tries for New Zealand tonight.

Barretts was a clear try.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Il Bomber Destro

Overpaid funboys bottling it as per usual. The rugby public are so predictable in their blaming of match officials and lack of introspection.

JoG2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 07:19:58 PM
Overpaid funboys bottling it as per usual. The rugby public are so predictable in their blaming of match officials and lack of introspection.

Do you ever take a break from being a ****?

Monumental effort considering 10 and 12 out so early.  So many great performances.  That NZ try in the 2nd half was immense and dirt aside,  their defence was top drawer. 

Wildweasel74

Listen you Tyrone **** do us all a favour and f**k off, must been listening in on the games for a man who has no interest in rugby

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 19, 2016, 07:10:54 PM
The ability with hands and quick ball ahs shown the big difference in the teams, ireland have played well but no cutting edge

Fair points.  Some incredible handling skills from the men in black. 

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2016, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 19, 2016, 07:19:58 PM

Do you ever take a break from being a ****?

Monumental effort considering 10 and 12 out so early.  So many great performances.  That NZ try in the 2nd half was immense and dirt aside,  their defence was top drawer.

Glorifying defeat in a home friendly against one of your only competitors.

Pathetic attitude to this charade of a game - I'm delighted. Suck it up.

OgraAnDun

No point feeding the troll lads, this response is the exact reason he posted.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 19, 2016, 07:27:45 PM
Listen you Tyrone **** do us all a favour and f**k off, must been listening in on the games for a man who has no interest in rugby

Listen you bollocks.

The overpaid funboys have once again bottled it, they should get the criticism they deserve. The placating of these kinds of failures from the rugby lads is pathetic. I'm not going to sit here and let you peddle your propaganda unchallenged and deep down that is what gets to you. Hoodwinked and too f**king invested to put your hands up and admit it.

armaghniac

The West Brit media made a big thing of a win in a meaningless challenge in America, let's see what excuse they have now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: armaghniac on November 19, 2016, 07:34:41 PM
The West Brit media made a big thing of a win in a meaningless challenge in America, let's see what excuse they have now.

Was it the referee or is it a truly heroic effort to go down to one of their only competitors in a home friendly?

There is no failure in Irish rugby, they're line a toxic bank who keeps have money poured into it.

trileacman

Sexton is a huge loss but the manner rugby is played nowadays will ensure players such as him have a fragmented career. It's sad to see such a great talent become ravaged by the demands of the game. How many more times can we expect to see him play 80 minutes for Ireland at the top level?

Disappointed in us too though, Italy play regularly like that. All huff and puff but unable to score the tries you need. The score line may not have been emphatic but I think the all blacks were clearly a level beyond us.

Gutsy but defeated is what we've been for centuries in Ireland so I'll take no consolation in today's result, it's the same old us really. The only significant upside I can draw from today is that I thought Ringrose was very good, I think he's a real keeper and hopefully he sparks some creativity in our midfield which in spite of what all the fawns in the media will tell you is occupied by smash artists and not very good ones at that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

naka

Great game
But we didn't seem to be able to break through them

Heaslip a beast as is o Brian
Like this new guy van de ...( I assume Connemara Irish)
Jackson is no replacement though for sexton