The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 16, 2016, 12:21:17 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:54:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 11:48:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:44:59 PM
Incidentally, have we ever had any Ulster Catholics line out the national rugby side? Or do the lads here just like to cheer on the likes of Davy Tweed?

Does a player's religion mean that you wouldn't cheer him, even though he was playing for Ireland?

I don't support rugby. I think it brings shame on the nation with horrible bigots like Tweed earning caps - now can you tell me if any Catholic from Ulster has ever been capped for the national side. I can't think of any - probably because the game has never been a factor here, surprised at the hand in cap, Uncle Tom type attitude of the Derry lads here. They'll probably be campaigning for Londonderry to remain the official title with perpetuity next.

The irony of calling someone a bigot is quite laughable from you.  Why dont you read back through your posts on this thread and see if you fit into the bigot category.  A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. Check.

When questioned he brings religion and Davy Tweed!!!!! into it. Hahahaha. You really have shown yourself to be nothing other than an uneducated prat bomber. Sure we knew that anyway!

Anyway more pressing matters at hands lads. Any changes ahead of Saturday? Who to start at 7? VdF or O'Brien. Dillane to come in at 2nd row?

muppet

Interesting that Bomber follows the partitionist soccer crowd, but not the 32 county Rugby lot.
MWWSI 2017

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 16, 2016, 12:26:27 AM
Incidentally, have we ever had any Ulster Catholics line out the national rugby side? Or do the lads here just like to cheer on the likes of Davy Tweed?

Does a player's religion mean that you wouldn't cheer him, even though he was playing for Ireland?

I don't support rugby. I think it brings shame on the nation with horrible bigots like Tweed earning caps - now can you tell me if any Catholic from Ulster has ever been capped for the national side. I can't think of any - probably because the game has never been a factor here, surprised at the hand in cap, Uncle Tom type attitude of the Derry lads here. They'll probably be campaigning for Londonderry to remain the official title with perpetuity next.

The irony of calling someone a bigot is quite laughable from you.  Why dont you read back through your posts on this thread and see if you fit into the bigot category.  A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. Check.

I stipulated earlier that I am intolerant to bullshit, not alternative views.

Alternative views are welcomed when they have rationale and sense behind them.

Your intolerant to.bulshit yet a few pages ago you come out with some bulshit statement that housewife rugby viewing figures are through the roof with not one iota of factual information to back that up.  Do you not see the irony in that?

Its pointless trying to have a discussion with you as you are a bigot on rugby as far as Im concerned.

The old adage dont argue with an idiot as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience never was as fitting.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 16, 2016, 12:26:59 AM

When questioned he brings religion and Davy Tweed!!!!! into it. Hahahaha. You really have shown yourself to be nothing other than an uneducated prat bomber. Sure we knew that anyway!

Anyway more pressing matters at hands lads. Any changes ahead of Saturday? Who to start at 7? VdF or O'Brien. Dillane to come in at 2nd row?

I think I would start der flier.  SOB and POM would be two serious options of the bench in last 30 (assuming we are getting beat out the gate at that stage )
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

foxcommander

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 16, 2016, 12:46:25 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 16, 2016, 12:26:59 AM

I think I would start der flier.  SOB and POM would be two serious options of the bench in last 30 (assuming we are getting beat out the gate at that stage )

I'd go with a couple of fat lads with potential to join the DUP in a few years to start in the middle of the scrum.

After that don't care. We'll be drinking some serious heino in Kielys and the chicks will be on the old vino so we're going to win no matter what. what.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2016, 12:30:05 AM
Interesting that Bomber follows the partitionist soccer crowd, but not the 32 county Rugby lot.

Partitionist?

I thought it was great go see a Creggan lad bury the winner on Saturday for Ireland. Now how many Catholics from Ulster have been capped by the national rugby side?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 16, 2016, 07:01:17 AM

Partitionist?

I thought it was great go see a Creggan lad bury the winner on Saturday for Ireland. Now how many Catholics from Ulster have been capped by the national rugby side?

Back to religion. You really are a horrible sectarian bigot aren't you!!! Ah yes James McClean is a great fella cos he's Catholic. Likely a non practicing one such as yourself but great fella nonetheless.

*Right folks suggest from now on we totally ignore this filthy bigot*

imtommygunn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 10:16:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 15, 2016, 10:06:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 09:44:24 PM
Quote from: Zulu on November 15, 2016, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 09:18:35 PM
What makes the rugby bully boys so testy about relaying the reality of their connection with the game is that they see it for the charade that it is.

It's like a marriage of convenience, it's like a husband marrying his wife because her family is worth a few bob and the wife marrying her husband because he's got a well paid job.

They envy what football fans have, that true love at first sight that childhood sweethearts who grow old and happy together have. It's that game you start playing at 3 or 4 and do all throughout your childhood and early adulthood, the passion for the game is true and never leaves you. It's not about being able to wave at the camera.

Rugby players are all about their media profile, the footballers are serious individual concerned with being allowed to focus on their football.

Well to be fair the GAA is our national sport so it's no surprise we are football and hurling fans in the main. I've no real issue with lads jumping on the soccer or rugby bandwagons.

Soccer isn't a bandwagon - it's the beautiful game, the biggest game in the world and played all around the world - nobody wants to grow up and be a Paul O'Connell.

Rugby on the otherhand, is a game confined to current and former commonwealth countries that has had a minimal interest outside of these countries and even in those commonwealth countries (with the exception of New Zealand) it is a good distance away from being the number one sport.

Paul o'connell is a beast of a man who deserves nothing but respect. Plenty of people want to grow up and be him and he's a hero to many. Look at what he has achieved. To be honest only a fool wouldn't respect him

Rugby is not my number one sport but i can see it's a great game too.

Soccer is not the beautiful game any more. Too much diving spoils it. I still like it but like gaelic football it is not as good as it was.

Dunno why you protest this much. Great game. Not my first preference but still great.

It's not a great game, it's a game devoid in any bit of ingenuity, intelligence, craft and skill. It's a bunch of a steroid addled, meatheads smashing into each ad nauseam.

Too much diving in soccer? Well I suppose we can look at the silver lining and say diving is a compulsive action done in the heat of the moment, it's not like some lad brought on fake blood capsules in a premeditated attempt at cheating the rules.

As for O'Connell? What has he achieved? There's plenty of instances of lads taking up rugby in their adulthood and becoming professionals without ever having played the game before, it's about the only sport a giant freak like O'Connell could excel at.

Check out wiki for what paul o'connell has achieved. A lot would be the answer and a lot to be proud of.

Rugby will soon give problems for gaa in belfast at least with contention for players.

Ulster rugby is a good night out and many catholics go.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 16, 2016, 07:19:28 AM

Partitionist?

Back to religion. You really are a horrible sectarian bigot aren't you!!! Ah yes James McClean is a great fella cos he's Catholic. Likely a non practicing one such as yourself but great fella nonetheless.

*Right folks suggest from now on we totally ignore this filthy bigot*

Would agree with just ignoring.  So bigoted to one view its just pointless.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

passedit

Partitionist?

Don't honestly know their religions (probably like myself they're funerals,weddings, baptism type christians, who cares) but I can think of two lads who have played gaelic with my club* and rugby for Ireland. One was on the field on saturday.
* Beware of small sample sizes.
Don't Panic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Paul O'Connell is a giant freak. What has he achieved?

I don't think there's any point in any kind of debate with this guy after comments like that.

Dinny Breen

So will Brexit affect the WC bid? Could be a big negative on the bid.
#newbridgeornowhere