The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:29:10 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2016, 11:23:18 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2016, 10:33:59 PM
Bomber why do you like a Scottish soccer team? What's the story there? Family from Scotland??

I support an Irish side who play in Scotland called Celtic. You might notice they fly a tricolour over their stadium, something you wouldn't see the West Brits do once they waddle their fat arses on a plane to go play abroad.

LOL an irish side. Jesus you are some craic....

So it's about flegs!!! That's what makes you irish isn't it.

Ladies and gents we have Tyrones version of Wulllllie Fraser!

"What you say ye slabbbbbbber?"

It's about what's in the tin of beans, not what the wrapper says.

Rugby is very much the game for unionists in Ireland.

I'd have paid to see you shout that in The Sin Bin when it was on the go.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 11:33:24 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:29:10 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2016, 11:23:18 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2016, 10:33:59 PM
Bomber why do you like a Scottish soccer team? What's the story there? Family from Scotland??

I support an Irish side who play in Scotland called Celtic. You might notice they fly a tricolour over their stadium, something you wouldn't see the West Brits do once they waddle their fat arses on a plane to go play abroad.

LOL an irish side. Jesus you are some craic....

So it's about flegs!!! That's what makes you irish isn't it.

Ladies and gents we have Tyrones version of Wulllllie Fraser!

"What you say ye slabbbbbbber?"

It's about what's in the tin of beans, not what the wrapper says.

Rugby is very much the game for unionists in Ireland.

I'd have paid to see you shout that in The Sin Bin when it was on the go.

The What?

Il Bomber Destro

Incidentally, have we ever had any Ulster Catholics line out the national rugby side? Or do the lads here just like to cheer on the likes of Davy Tweed?

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:44:59 PM
Incidentally, have we ever had any Ulster Catholics line out the national rugby side? Or do the lads here just like to cheer on the likes of Davy Tweed?

Does a player's religion mean that you wouldn't cheer him, even though he was playing for Ireland?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 11:48:47 PM

Does a player's religion mean that you wouldn't cheer him, even though he was playing for Ireland?

Or Irish Celtic, as far as I can remember they broke up years ago
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Il Bomber Destro

I don't support rugby. I think it brings shame on the nation with horrible bigots like Tweed earning caps - now can you tell me if any Catholic from Ulster has ever been capped for the national side. I can't think of any - probably because the game has never been a factor here, surprised at the hand in cap, Uncle Tom type attitude of the Derry lads here. They'll probably be campaigning for Londonderry to remain the official title with perpetuity next.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 15, 2016, 11:54:15 PM

I don't support rugby. I think it brings shame on the nation with horrible bigots like Tweed earning caps - now can you tell me if any Catholic from Ulster has ever been capped for the national side. I can't think of any - probably because the game has never been a factor here, surprised at the hand in cap, Uncle Tom type attitude of the Derry lads here. They'll probably be campaigning for Londonderry to remain the official title with perpetuity next.

Irish Catholics have always played for Ireland. As have Protestants. Should they be hating each other?
MWWSI 2017

Estimator

General discussion / Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Message by Il Bomber Destro on November 09, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
For your own information, soccer friendlies also count towards seedings for World Cup - it's why my native Italy have been in the second pot for the World Cup and European Championships of late despite the fact we have not been beaten in over 50 qualifying games and have won one and reached the final of two of the last 6 major tournaments. Football nations view friendlies for the non-competitive games they are, the result is never important.

So you're a native Italian who loves all things soccer, Celtic, Tyrone and Roma, hates all things rugby, and therefore spends all his time trying to convince rugby fans that they're wrong, and very little time on the threads of the things he loves... strange behaviour little man, strange behaviour.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Estimator on November 16, 2016, 12:00:39 AM
General discussion / Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Message by Il Bomber Destro on November 09, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
For your own information, soccer friendlies also count towards seedings for World Cup - it's why my native Italy have been in the second pot for the World Cup and European Championships of late despite the fact we have not been beaten in over 50 qualifying games and have won one and reached the final of two of the last 6 major tournaments. Football nations view friendlies for the non-competitive games they are, the result is never important.

So you're a native Italian who loves all things soccer, Celtic, Tyrone and Roma, hates all things rugby, and therefore spends all his time trying to convince rugby fans that they're wrong, and very little time on the threads of the things he loves... strange behaviour little man, strange behaviour.

Little man?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 11:57:11 PM

Irish Catholics have always played for Ireland. As have Protestants. Should they be hating each other?

Irish Catholics from Ulster?

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 16, 2016, 12:05:55 AM

You are talking about the Ireland team.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2016, 12:09:07 AM

And you took umbrage with me calling it an unionist game in Ulster. So I will ask you for the fourth time. How many Catholics from Ulster have been capped by the national side?

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 16, 2016, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2016, 12:09:07 AM

And you took umbrage with me calling it an unionist game in Ulster. So I will ask you for the fourth time. How many Catholics from Ulster have been capped by the national side?

How the f*ck would I know and why would I care?

The only thing I do know is that an Antrim S&C coach played for Ulster and Ireland.
MWWSI 2017

Frank_The_Tank

The irony of calling someone a bigot is quite laughable from you.  Why dont you read back through your posts on this thread and see if you fit into the bigot category.  A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. Check.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 16, 2016, 12:21:17 AM

The irony of calling someone a bigot is quite laughable from you.  Why dont you read back through your posts on this thread and see if you fit into the bigot category.  A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. Check.

I stipulated earlier that I am intolerant to bullshit, not alternative views.

Alternative views are welcomed when they have rationale and sense behind them.