Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 07:13:55 PM
Quote from: Far East on November 11, 2016, 07:08:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: Far East on November 11, 2016, 06:55:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 05:57:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 11, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
If it wasn't the week after one gruelling game, and a week before another, you would see a much stronger team. As it is, this is the closest you get to a meaningless game in Rugby.

So some "test matches" (lolz) mean more than others?

That's a bit bizarre.

I'm going to assume that you're 'on the spectrum' and to engage any further with you would be cruel.

You find it bizarre that some sporting occasions mean more than others? I find it bizarre that, someone who clearly knows nothing about sport, would participate on a sporting forum.

But they're both "test matches" lolz. Why is one more important than the other?

I am going to assume you've conflicted yourself with the house of cards that the rugby football hyperbole is reliant on.

If there's a bad performance in a "test match", it's just a "test match", it doesn't really matter.

If it's a good result in a "test match", it's one of the greatest results of Irish sporting history.

This hatred of rugby is just eating away at you isn't it. Let it go, you'll be a lot more content within yourself. The vast majority of irish sports fans love it and I'm really excited about heading to my first game in a couple of years today. It shows the strength in depth there now is in irish rugby when we can name such a strong, exciting team without any of the legends who won last week.

seafoid

Connacht breaks all the rugby stereotypes. Gordon D'Arcy reinforces them LOLZ. 
It depends what you want. Up Portumna.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2016, 07:56:36 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 12, 2016, 06:49:00 AM
Superb win for Munster last night. Jeez they are playing some stuff at the minute. Sweetnam just gets better and better. Future world class winger. Really impressed with Rory Scannell also.

Now bomber don't spit out your cornflakes but Sweetnam is a former Cork hurler.  :o :o :'( :'( ;D

Was that like one of those exhibition games like when Ireland played Celtic for Jackie McNamara's testimonial a few years back. I don't even remember the result if I'm honest, such is the contempt real sports fans would treat exhibition games with.

I don't know if you realise it but I don't tend to hold hurling in much regard, not my cup of tea.

Celtic? McNamara? Christ it's all coming out now folks....he's one of those I hate foreign games but love the sellllllllickkkk

Estimator

Great game between Australia and Scotland.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Denn Forever

Who is Tomás O'Leary's dad?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Estimator on November 12, 2016, 04:18:42 PM
Great game between Australia and Scotland.
Scotland have some decent operators. They really should have a better recent record in 6 Nations.

AZOffaly

seafoid

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 12, 2016, 05:24:44 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 12, 2016, 05:02:13 PM
Who is Tomás O'Leary's dad?

Seanie. Famous Cork hurler.

Fantastic wee hurler was wee Seanie. The robust and teak touch foil to the graceful JBM.

Did JBM's son not play a bit of pro soccer for a while.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 12, 2016, 01:15:55 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2016, 07:56:36 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 12, 2016, 06:49:00 AM
Superb win for Munster last night. Jeez they are playing some stuff at the minute. Sweetnam just gets better and better. Future world class winger. Really impressed with Rory Scannell also.

Now bomber don't spit out your cornflakes but Sweetnam is a former Cork hurler.  :o :o :'( :'( ;D

Was that like one of those exhibition games like when Ireland played Celtic for Jackie McNamara's testimonial a few years back. I don't even remember the result if I'm honest, such is the contempt real sports fans would treat exhibition games with.

I don't know if you realise it but I don't tend to hold hurling in much regard, not my cup of tea.

Celtic? McNamara? Christ it's all coming out now folks....he's one of those I hate foreign games but love the sellllllllickkkk

I don't hate foreign games. I'm very open minded when it comes to sport but I also have standards, rugby is just a dreadful game played by muscle bound freaks with a very dubious attitude to systematic doping.

I don't like game which involve absolutely nothing in the way of skill or initiative, like rugby.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on November 12, 2016, 10:49:31 AM
If it wasn't the week after one gruelling game, and a week before another, you would see a much stronger team. As it is, this is the closest you get to a meaningless game in Rugby.

That's a bit bizarre.

I'm going to assume that you're 'on the spectrum' and to engage any further with you would be cruel.

You find it bizarre that some sporting occasions mean more than others? I find it bizarre that, someone who clearly knows nothing about sport, would participate on a sporting forum.

I am going to assume you've conflicted yourself with the house of cards that the rugby football hyperbole is reliant on.

If there's a bad performance in a "test match", it's just a "test match", it doesn't really matter.

If it's a good result in a "test match", it's one of the greatest results of Irish sporting history.

This hatred of rugby is just eating away at you isn't it. Let it go, you'll be a lot more content within yourself. The vast majority of irish sports fans love it and I'm really excited about heading to my first game in a couple of years today. It shows the strength in depth there now is in irish rugby when we can name such a strong, exciting team without any of the legends who won last week.

This is the standard response from the rugby bully boys when they are left facing with the realities I have laid out for them. They are unable to look inward at themselves and the fact that they have been hoodwinked into this nonsense over the past 10 years or so. I think there's a lot of bitterness towards me as I follow sports that I have a genuine interest and passion it, not sports where I am a slave to the result. Rugby had a very limited base but in terms of fans and playing number until somewhere in the past 15 years where it took off, in line with the Celtic Tiger. This is a reality and I have pointed it out to many of rugby bully boys here who will not take valid criticism of the game, the reaction to these points has been quite vulgar and nasty - you're one of them.

Walter Cronc

He's maybe just angry the inbreds lost out today to Slaughtneil. Do you like celtic bomber?? Maybe it's a class thing??Are you from a dump like Dungannon or Coalisland? Upppparaaaa

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 13, 2016, 07:27:17 PM
He's maybe just angry the inbreds lost out today to Slaughtneil. Do you like celtic bomber?? Maybe it's a class thing??Are you from a dump like Dungannon or Coalisland? Upppparaaaa

I support Celtic.

I think you have problems with the realities I have pointed out regarding rugby in Ireland and their fans.

snoopdog

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 12, 2016, 10:49:31 AM

That's a bit bizarre.

This is the standard response from the rugby bully boys when they are left facing with the realities I have laid out for them. They are unable to look inward at themselves and the fact that they have been hoodwinked into this nonsense over the past 10 years or so. I think there's a lot of bitterness towards me as I follow sports that I have a genuine interest and passion it, not sports where I am a slave to the result. Rugby had a very limited base but in terms of fans and playing number until somewhere in the past 15 years where it took off, in line with the Celtic Tiger. This is a reality and I have pointed it out to many of rugby bully boys here who will not take valid criticism of the game, the reaction to these points has been quite vulgar and nasty - you're one of them.
Tend to agree. How many on the bandwagon ever played the game.

square_ball

That's a really stupid argument. How many lads have boxed, done MMA, played American football, drove a formula 1 car etc etc?