The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far East

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 05:57:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 11, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
If it wasn't the week after one gruelling game, and a week before another, you would see a much stronger team. As it is, this is the closest you get to a meaningless game in Rugby.

So some "test matches" (lolz) mean more than others?

That's a bit bizarre.

You find it bizarre that some sporting occasions mean more than others? I find it bizarre that, someone who clearly knows nothing about sport, would participate on a sporting forum.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Far East on November 11, 2016, 06:55:15 PM
If it wasn't the week after one gruelling game, and a week before another, you would see a much stronger team. As it is, this is the closest you get to a meaningless game in Rugby.

That's a bit bizarre.

You find it bizarre that some sporting occasions mean more than others? I find it bizarre that, someone who clearly knows nothing about sport, would participate on a sporting forum.

But they're both "test matches" lolz. Why is one more important than the other?

Far East

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 07:02:16 PM

That's a bit bizarre.

I'm going to assume that you're 'on the spectrum' and to engage any further with you would be cruel.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Far East on November 11, 2016, 07:08:43 PM

That's a bit bizarre.

I'm going to assume that you're 'on the spectrum' and to engage any further with you would be cruel.

I am going to assume you've conflicted yourself with the house of cards that the rugby football hyperbole is reliant on.

If there's a bad performance in a "test match", it's just a "test match", it doesn't really matter.

If it's a good result in a "test match", it's one of the greatest results of Irish sporting history.

Far East

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 11, 2016, 07:13:55 PM

That's a bit bizarre.

I am going to assume you've conflicted yourself with the house of cards that the rugby football hyperbole is reliant on.

If there's a bad performance in a "test match", it's just a "test match", it doesn't really matter.

If it's a good result in a "test match", it's one of the greatest results of Irish sporting history.

I assume you're  just conflicted.  Unwilling or unable to recognise a sporting achievement because some of 'themmuns' were involved

Boycey

Quote from: Far East on November 11, 2016, 08:49:57 PM

That's a bit bizarre.

I assume you're  just conflicted.  Unwilling or unable to recognise a sporting achievement because some of 'themmuns' were involved

Who else are you?

foxcommander

That's a bit bizarre.

I wonder how many gobshites will be posting on FB/Twatter about beating Canada and the momentous occasion it was.
Can't wait!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Milltown Row2

Jeeze this thread has lost the plot !!

Anyways return game/test/friendly should have a bitta spice about it.... maybe we can talk about the game instead of the westbrit themuns us'ss or whether it's a global sport or not... feed the trolls and that's what ya get
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I think this link should work for those living in the geo-blocked zone, a tribute from the Maoris in honour of A Foley before the haka at thomond pk earlier this evening.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/797162093418082306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Il Bomber Destro

The "Haka" is ridiculous on so many levels.

Another hilarious slant to rugby when choreographed dance routines are one of the main selling points of the game.

Wildweasel74

Come on it aint as bad as Big Sean swan lake dance routine when he goes diving to the ground all the time

Walter Cronc

Superb win for Munster last night. Jeez they are playing some stuff at the minute. Sweetnam just gets better and better. Future world class winger. Really impressed with Rory Scannell also.

Now bomber don't spit out your cornflakes but Sweetnam is a former Cork hurler.  :o :o :'( :'( ;D

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 12, 2016, 06:49:00 AM
Superb win for Munster last night. Jeez they are playing some stuff at the minute. Sweetnam just gets better and better. Future world class winger. Really impressed with Rory Scannell also.

Now bomber don't spit out your cornflakes but Sweetnam is a former Cork hurler.  :o :o :'( :'( ;D

Was that like one of those exhibition games like when Ireland played Celtic for Jackie McNamara's testimonial a few years back. I don't even remember the result if I'm honest, such is the contempt real sports fans would treat exhibition games with.

I don't know if you realise it but I don't tend to hold hurling in much regard, not my cup of tea.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2016, 07:56:36 AM

Was that like one of those exhibition games like when Ireland played Celtic for Jackie McNamara's testimonial a few years back. I don't even remember the result if I'm honest, such is the contempt real sports fans would treat exhibition games with.

I don't know if you realise it but I don't tend to hold hurling in much regard, not my cup of tea.

That would be like Munster playing the All Blacks. Very TF like
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2016, 08:31:44 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 12, 2016, 07:56:36 AM

That would be like Munster playing the All Blacks. Very TF like

All Blacks?