Quote from: JoG2 on November 08, 2016, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 07, 2016, 11:44:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 07, 2016, 09:10:00 PM
Quote from: michaelg on November 07, 2016, 08:46:55 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 08:49:00 PM
Quote from: michaelg on November 06, 2016, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 06, 2016, 08:30:02 PM
Yeah they play in the high profile O'Fiaich Cup instead, ::)

That's a competition.

I wouldn't be getting worked up over winning one in any case.

It's about context and the rugby fellas are getting worked up about winning a friendly and becoming hypersensitive when this pointed out.
How come you don't refer to the ROI soccer team as the West British soccer team?

They don't line out under a bastardised flag and belt out a pub song written by the son of a peeler.
Ironic that you feel this way given that the Ireland rugby team is probably the one team that represents and is supported by everyone in the 32 counties of Ireland.

It's not supported by me.

Some of us don't forget how they supported apartheid in South Africa.
Maybe you should jog on back to TFK where your bitter small-mindedness fitted in more comfortably.

jayzus  :o

I am afraid to ask, but what is TFK?
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

That's a competition.

It's about context and the rugby fellas are getting worked up about winning a friendly and becoming hypersensitive when this pointed out.
How come you don't refer to the ROI soccer team as the West British soccer team?

They don't line out under a bastardised flag and belt out a pub song written by the son of a peeler.
Ironic that you feel this way given that the Ireland rugby team is probably the one team that represents and is supported by people in the 32 counties of Ireland.

The rugger team represents west brits and unionists. Then you have the gloryhunters who will jump on any bandwagon at a moments notic and the D4 wannabes.

At least when the 'irish' cricket team won a world cup match a few years back it was in an actual tournament.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Gmac

Was at the game and it was a fantastic occasion the biggest crowd ever at a rugby game in the USA  over 63k. Thousands of Irish Americans there plus thousands of ex pats from ire and nz plus a big traveling Irish support . The game was good very exciting with lots of tries add in Chicago is a great city to visit and it was a fantastic game to be there for .

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on November 08, 2016, 02:01:49 PM

That's a competition.

Ironic that you feel this way given that the Ireland rugby team is probably the one team that represents and is supported by people in the 32 counties of Ireland.

The rugger team represents west brits and unionists. .

Try saying that in Limerick

Harold Disgracey

Try saying that anywhere now! I'd say a very high percentage, if not the majority, of underage club players in Ulster are from working class nationalist background. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from a GAA background in Derry or Armagh make the Ireland senior team within the next few years.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 08, 2016, 09:07:16 PM
Try saying that anywhere now! I'd say a very high percentage, if not the majority, of underage club players in Ulster are from working class nationalist background. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from a GAA background in Derry or Armagh make the Ireland senior team within the next few years.

Bizarre logic.

How many Catholic schools even play rugby in the O6?

Il Bomber Destro

You only need to look here at a list of partaking schools to see the level of inroads that rugby has made in the O6 nationalist communities.

http://danskebankschoolscup.com/fixtures-results/results/

If rugby does seep into nationalist communities in the O6, it will be done similar to the way the AFL target GAA players. They will target the physically overpowering players at around 16/17/18 who have never played rugby before and train them up to speed rather quickly as the game itself requires little skill or instinct, just repetitive drills of smashing into big oafs.

Of course rugby will attract the impressionable and naive people to the game, the likely reality is that most people who are attending rugby matches and following the fortunes of the West Brit rugby team never played the game and probably had little to no interest in it until 15 years. The game is being pushed heavily by a sector of society and idiots who can't think clearly for themselves are being caught hook, line and sinker.

If you were ever thinking about starting a ponzi scheme, the new generation of rugby football fans should be your first port of call.

JoG2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 08, 2016, 10:04:32 PM

Bizarre logic.

I shouldn't even reply to you as you're making a complete show of yourself.  Take the north west for example,  every club has tots in just out of nappy playing touch rugby... The numbers are huge.  My youngest is starting next month,   my neighbours and prob half my u6 gaelic football squad all play rugby as well.  St Columbs and Lumen have both started rugby teams

You've literally posted about 20+ times in the last few days in a thread about a sport you obviously don't understand or like... What is the matter with you man? Take a breath,   life's too short

Harold Disgracey

Bizarre logic.

https://twitter.com/spksport/status/791694698717085696

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 08, 2016, 10:29:41 PM

Bizarre logic.

https://twitter.com/spksport/status/791694698717085696

Not an answer to my question.

muppet

Quote from: JoG2 on November 08, 2016, 10:28:56 PM

Bizarre logic.

I shouldn't even reply to you as you're making a complete show of yourself.  Take the north west for example,  every club has tots in just out of nappy playing touch rugby... The numbers are huge.  My youngest is starting next month,   my neighbours and prob half my u6 gaelic football squad all play rugby as well.  St Columbs and Lumen have both started rugby teams

You've literally posted about 20+ times in the last few days in a thread about a sport you obviously don't understand or like... What is the matter with you man? Take a breath,   life's too short

Imagine if Michael Cusack had wanted us to play Cricket instead of Hurling!
MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Bomber come join us at the Rainey Old Boys RFC in Marafelt.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: JoG2 on November 08, 2016, 10:28:56 PM

Bizarre logic.

I would seriously question a parent letting their kids play rugby, never mind having 6 year olds at it. The steroid abuse and concussions are a major worry.

I am offering a criticism of rugby, grounded in both logic and facts but there is an element here who are trying their very best to gag me on this. Why are some people so hostile to any grounded critique of rugby football and the the "achievements" of the West British side? That is the question you should be asking yourselves - not having veiled pops at me for bringing them to the table.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 08, 2016, 10:34:48 PM
Bomber come join us at the Rainey Old Boys RFC in Marafelt.

Do ye fly an Irish tricolour at your grounds?

Harold Disgracey

At underage there are players from at least 5 GAA club playing for Rainey, there are even more clubs represented at Armagh. Rugby at Catholic schools in the wee six is only starting to take off.

If it weren't young GAA players playing rugby, once the GAA season has finished,  a lot, if not most, rugby clubs would struggle to field at youth level.