Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 06:06:05 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 06, 2016, 06:02:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 05:57:57 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 06, 2016, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 05:38:58 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 06, 2016, 05:27:18 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 05:01:56 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 06, 2016, 04:50:57 PM
November test Internationals, played every year. Southern Hemisphere teams play 3 tests against the Northern Hemisphere teams.

Northern hemisphere teams tour the Southern hemisphere during the summer. Pretty rare a team from the South is beaten on home soil

What competition is it?

Are you incapable of reading?

I'm capable of reading alright but that's not a competition.

Now what competition did the West British rugby team win a game in yesterday?

Your republican and the true Gael credentials have been boosted greatly by your valiant and patriotic use of the term 'West British rugby team'. Pearse would be proud, as 100 years after his death people still rail against the scoundrels he wrote about in Mise Éire by rubbishing the achievements of a 32 county sports team.

I'm sure his heart would be filled with joy listening to a pub song written by the son of a peeler being used instead of the national anthem in a game played almost solely by ex commonwealth nations.

I hate that piece of rubbish myself but it's not a valid reason to completely rubbish the achievements of the team. The game clearly has importance, it's hardly a club pre-season challenge match on a wet February evening.

It's not far off.

It's only a match and nothing more which is why I can't understand the fuss over the result.

Ach dry your eyes ffs. Ask the wife / husband / partner for a bit of attention and stay clear of a thread you've no interest in.  Job done

I'm just pointing out a few truths.

More in line for certain posters to take these points on board rather than being hypersensitive over someone dealing with the realities.

How many GAA counties take Gaelic football seriously? At a push 7 or 8. Doesn't stop you from having an opinion on Tyrone. I'd say your dislike from rugby probably comes from sheer bigotry. Though you do seem to know a bit going by your posts. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 06, 2016, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 06, 2016, 06:35:44 PM
November test Internationals, played every year. Southern Hemisphere teams play 3 tests against the Northern Hemisphere teams.

Northern hemisphere teams tour the Southern hemisphere during the summer. Pretty rare a team from the South is beaten on home soil

What competition is it?

Your republican and the true Gael credentials have been boosted greatly by your valiant and patriotic use of the term 'West British rugby team'. Pearse would be proud, as 100 years after his death people still rail against the scoundrels he wrote about in Mise Éire by rubbishing the achievements of a 32 county sports team.

I'm sure his heart would be filled with joy listening to a pub song written by the son of a peeler being used instead of the national anthem in a game played almost solely by ex commonwealth nations.

I hate that piece of rubbish myself but it's not a valid reason to completely rubbish the achievements of the team. The game clearly has importance, it's hardly a club pre-season challenge match on a wet February evening.

It's not far off.

It's only a match and nothing more which is why I can't understand the fuss over the result.

Ach dry your eyes ffs. Ask the wife / husband / partner for a bit of attention and stay clear of a thread you've no interest in.  Job done

More in line for certain posters to take these points on board rather than being hypersensitive over someone dealing with the realities.

How many GAA counties take Gaelic football seriously? At a push 7 or 8. Doesn't stop you from having an opinion on Tyrone. I'd say your dislike from rugby probably comes from sheer bigotry. Though you do seem to know a bit going by your posts. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock!

Tyrone don't play challenge matches, mate. No chance of me being conflicted there!

rodney trotter

Yeah they play in the high profile O'Fiaich Cup instead, ::)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 06, 2016, 08:30:02 PM

That's a competition.

I wouldn't be getting worked up over winning one in any case.

It's about context and the rugby fellas are getting worked up about winning a friendly and becoming hypersensitive when this pointed out.

michaelg

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 08:36:38 PM

That's a competition.

It's about context and the rugby fellas are getting worked up about winning a friendly and becoming hypersensitive when this pointed out.
How come you don't refer to the ROI soccer team as the West British soccer team?

SHEEDY

That's a competition.

go and have a couple of beers and chill the feck out. we get it you dont like rugby but your being a bit of a dick. why would you post on a thread you have no interest in.
fantastic performance by ireland, feared the worst with 10 mins to go but ireland somehow managed to go again. brilliant win.
nil satis nisi optimum

gallsman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 05:57:57 PMI'm sure his heart would be filled with joy listening to a pub song written by the son of a peeler being used instead of the national anthem in a game played almost solely by ex commonwealth nations.

I doubt he'd have been overly enamoured of his fellow Gaels selling a quarter of their countrymen up the swanny for the right to peacefully continue to bend their knees to a foreign monarch either.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 08:21:33 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 06, 2016, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 06, 2016, 06:35:44 PM

What competition is it?

It's not far off.

Tyrone don't play challenge matches, mate. No chance of me being conflicted there!

Must just be bigotry then. Probably don't get out of Tyrone too often. Poor crater! Enjoy watching the rosary boys next year  :o :o

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: michaelg on November 06, 2016, 08:42:27 PM

That's a competition.

How come you don't refer to the ROI soccer team as the West British soccer team?

They don't line out under a bastardised flag and belt out a pub song written by the son of a peeler.

thewobbler

That's a competition.

There is absolutely nobody in this world who enjoys it being pointed out that their hobbies and interests aren't as enjoyableor as exciting as they want to believe.

You for example would probably be distraught / angry if someone pointed out to you that from both a financial and personal excellence (after all, being among the top 1,000 players worldwide in soccer  is statistically an unbelievable achievement) point of view, every athletic male in Co. Tyrone should aspire to be the next Niall McGinn, not the next Peter Canavan.

So do everyone a favour please and retire to your cave.

gallsman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 07:14:35 PM
Ireland beating Germany was not a fluke.

Who? I don't remember Ireland beating Germany recently in anything? Have they played in cricket or hockey?

I remember the Republic of Ireland team representing the quarters of the country won some game and it was apparently a big deal.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: gallsman on November 06, 2016, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 07:14:35 PM
Ireland beating Germany was not a fluke.

Who? I don't remember Ireland beating Germany recently in anything? Have they played in cricket or hockey?

I remember the Republic of Ireland team representing the quarters of the country won some game and it was apparently a big deal.

James McClean begs to differ.

If you want to stand under the tricolour and sing Amhran na BhFiann, you can.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2016, 08:51:37 PM

That's a competition.

There is absolutely nobody in this world who enjoys it being pointed out that their hobbies and interests aren't as enjoyableor as exciting as they want to believe.

You for example would probably be distraught / angry if someone pointed out to you that from both a financial and personal excellence (after all, being among the top 1,000 players worldwide in soccer  is statistically an unbelievable achievement) point of view, every athletic male in Co. Tyrone should aspire to be the next Niall McGinn, not the next Peter Canavan.

I will not be censured because some people want to live in a bubble.

thewobbler

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 06, 2016, 08:59:16 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2016, 08:51:37 PM

That's a competition.

I will not be censured because some people want to live in a bubble.

But you're missing the frigging point... we all live in our own bubbles.

If the rugby loving community consider that beating the All Blacks is a landmark day for them, then who are you to cast dispersions? You do realise that it's no different from your loyalist neighbours laughing at Tyrone people for getting excited about a competition that is only played in ireland?

lenny

That's a competition.

You did get quite excited when tyrone won by your criteria a niche competition this year, ie the ulster championship. There are only 9 teams in it and none of them had to qualify. Also only 3 or 4 of them really take it seriously so it didn't really mean all that much and wasn't worth getting excited about.