The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Conor Murray's tackle on Savea at the death said it all - to be focused enough to be there and win the scrum - super.
And the captain of the team that slayed the All Blacks coming from Poyntzpass - there is something class about that.
O'Driscoll, O'Connell, O'Gara, all said Best was the natural choice to take on the captaincy. He must be a great leader of men.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

gawa316

So I've seen feck all rugby since I moved to the states.

Does this result have any significance on what lies ahead for us? Are we on a crest with serious talent coming through or is it just a one off?

Walter Cronc

Holeeeeeeeeee sheeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

seafoid

It's a fantastic day for Irish rugby. All the legends that didn't manage it.  Mike Gibson, Tony Ward, Ollie Campbell, the Kiernans,  Ginger McLoughlin, Ciaran Fitz, Simon Geoghegan, BOD, ROG etc. When Throne won in 2003 Peter Canavan spoke about all the ones who went  before him.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NCH29cPQt4

Henshaw is class

Main Street

Quote from: gawa316 on November 05, 2016, 11:08:22 PM

Does this result have any significance on what lies ahead for us? Are we on a crest with serious talent coming through or is it just a one off?
Yes, beating the all blacks after a  brilliant performance has absolutely no future significance, so much so  that we cannot enjoy the historical moment, because the historical moment has no significance by itself ::)

trueblue1234

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2016, 11:17:59 PM

Yes, beating the all blacks after a  brilliant performance has absolutely no future significance, so much so  that we cannot enjoy the historical moment, because the historical moment has no significance by itself ::)

f**k you are a dick.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gawa316

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 05, 2016, 11:21:23 PM

f**k you are a dick.

Agreed

seafoid

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 05, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
Conor Murray's tackle on Savea at the death said it all - to be focused enough to be there and win the scrum - super.
And the captain of the team that slayed the All Blacks coming from Poyntzpass - there is something class about that.
O'Driscoll, O'Connell, O'Gara, all said Best was the natural choice to take on the captaincy. He must be a great leader of men.
There is something very special about the whole island contributing and nobody making a song and dance about it .And the output being top notch.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: seafoid on November 05, 2016, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on November 05, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
There is something very special about the whole island contributing and nobody making a song and dance about it .And the output being top notch.

I could write an essay on it, but you hit the nail on the head in two sentences. GRMA.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Main Street

Quote from: gawa316 on November 05, 2016, 11:24:58 PM

f**k you are a dick.

Agreed
A díck agrees with a díck!!
I wonder what future significance that has or is it just a one off?

Itchy

trueblue1234

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2016, 11:34:55 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 05, 2016, 11:24:58 PM

f**k you are a dick.

Agreed
A díck agrees with a díck!!
I wonder what future significance that has or is it just a one off?

I think you should tell us that Tony is a troll again. You provide a valuable service.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit