The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

That was a f**king ballsy move off the second last scrum before our last try absolutely phenomenal.

Murray was out of this world, Stander, Heaslip, Henshaw, Best fuckit all of them were great first class stuff hopefully it can propel us to bigger things!!

ashman

Quote from: Main Street on November 05, 2016, 10:08:54 PM
Brilliant stuff in the last quarter. That's a  big fckin monkey  finally shoved off the back.
There's hope for Mayo in 2017.

2016 : Hibs , Cubs , Ireland v NZ .  Mayo ??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2016, 10:10:38 PM
That was a f**king ballsy move off the second last scrum before our last try absolutely phenomenal.

Murray was out of this world, Stander, Heaslip, Henshaw, Best fuckit all of them were great first class stuff hopefully it can propel us to bigger things!!
I wouldn't put a tenner on them for the 6 Nations.

The Stallion

Seems to be mass hysteria over what is a meaninglesss friendly result at the end of the day.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on November 05, 2016, 10:03:25 PM
Great stuff... would it be too picky to wish this had happened in Dublin?

Yup. All Blacks will put 60 on them in D4 in a fortnight and nobody will give a shite!

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: The Stallion on November 05, 2016, 10:11:51 PM
Seems to be mass hysteria over what is a meaninglesss friendly result at the end of the day.

Nah. It's more than that. On that logic Munster in 78 doesn't count either

Thy Kingdom Come

Ah, it's all a bit of fun! To my wife the Premiership is meaningless! Depends where you are looking from. Ba humbug!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 05, 2016, 10:16:14 PM

exactly

both pretty meaningless

I mean, Ireland even beat Brazil in soccer in 1987

BarryBreensBandage

Sean Fitzpatrick, Kiri te Kanawa, Sir Edmund Hillary, John Key, Helen Clark, Brent Pope, Jon Bloy, Martyn Templeton,
Richie McCaw, can you hear me? Richie McCaw, can you hear me?

Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

gallsman

For guys who take a lot of stick, I thought both Zebo and Trimble were absolutely outstanding. Zebo's catch was one of the best I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.

screenexile

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 05, 2016, 10:16:14 PM

Don't feed the troll!!

seafoid

Huge psychological win. Knowing you can hold out for the last 5.
NZ have beaten Ireland and Wales so many times in the last 5 minutes.
They were good enough 3 years ago but they made one mistake too many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np7uG-TMcT0

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2016, 10:10:38 PM

Some incredible performances out there.   Some balls showed in the last 10 mins.  Zebos catch was the best I've seen.  Paddy Barnes just won there because his opponent lifted him up mid fight... All in all,  a mad amazing night of sport!  You couldn't beat it

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on November 05, 2016, 10:21:17 PM
For guys who take a lot of stick, I thought both Zebo and Trimble were absolutely outstanding. Zebo's catch was one of the best I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.

Trimble rarely let's the jersey down.  He is brave beyond belief