The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 12:45:04 PM
My opinion (as the average punter) is irrelevant. I've asked for facts and figures - please provide.

Facts and figures on what?

Go back to the Kimmage article I posted up earlier if you want to see facts and figures on the big steroid problem rugby has.

deiseach

This is circular at this stage. Time to move on.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 11:56:46 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 10, 2016, 11:19:48 AM
Walter, by any chance do you know how the games with Armagh went last night? My wee lad plays for the U16s and unfortunately we couldn't make it last night. BTW that's a damn fine U16 team you have at Rainey.

Sorry HD I dont. Away with work at the min. If I find out I'll PM you. Yeah its a great wee side we have coming through. Putting big effort in at underage.

No bother, just saw the result on Twitter - Rainey won 8-0

Rugby in Ulster, certainly youth rugby, is becoming more pluralist. The number of boys from a GAA background now playing is amazing and is to be encouraged as the two seasons overlap quite well. It's no surprise that the more successful teams like Rainey, Armagh, Randalstown etc have a lot of Cormac's, Oisin's and Brendan's playing for them.

An elitist, social-climbing sport? Not is this working class Garvaghy Road boy's experience.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 10, 2016, 12:59:00 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 11:56:46 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 10, 2016, 11:19:48 AM
Walter, by any chance do you know how the games with Armagh went last night? My wee lad plays for the U16s and unfortunately we couldn't make it last night. BTW that's a damn fine U16 team you have at Rainey.

Sorry HD I dont. Away with work at the min. If I find out I'll PM you. Yeah its a great wee side we have coming through. Putting big effort in at underage.

No bother, just saw the result on Twitter - Rainey won 8-0

Rugby in Ulster, certainly youth rugby, is becoming more pluralist. The number of boys from a GAA background now playing is amazing and is to be encouraged as the two seasons overlap quite well. It's no surprise that the more successful teams like Rainey, Armagh, Randalstown etc have a lot of Cormac's, Oisin's and Brendan's playing for them.

An elitist, social-climbing sport? Not is this working class Garvaghy Road boy's experience.

Agree with everything there HD.

screenexile

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Joe must be delighted. He's able to get rid of Earls, Zebo and O'Donnell and bring in three of the goys. Now if only Murray and Stander could be injured or something. ;)

Walter Cronc

Fergus McFadden! Jesus wept.

trileacman

f**k there's no imagination in rugby anymore, it's just analysed to death by the professional era.

Ryles a w**ker too
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Quote from: trileacman on February 13, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
f**k there's no imagination in rugby anymore, it's just analysed to death by the professional era.

Ryles a w**ker too

Ryle seems to be blind.

yellowcard

Dire dour stuff this, watching rugby is becoming increasingly turgid.

seafoid

Radio commentary is better

Jesus, 3 players off injured. It's attritional.

seafoid

Captain Obvious

Average to poor French side now leading. Not good for the Irish.

seafoid

France has better subs. Ireland didn't score in the second half.