The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 11:55:40 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 10, 2016, 11:53:46 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 11:51:43 AM
So Bomber by your bat-crazy theory how would Ireland fare if the world played GAA?

Odd argument. GAA is the national sport and an indigenous game.

Time to crawl back under your rock!

You have used this idiom a few times but I don't think it is in anyway relevant.

Walter Cronc

So have others. Must be some commonality.

Longshanks

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 10, 2016, 11:53:02 AM
Its strange then, that you find time to post on the Rugby thread.
I have no interest in cricket, I think its sh1t. But I don't feel the need to go onto the cricket thread and repeated tell everyone how sh1t it is. (and throw wild accusations at one of its greatest players in the process)

Totally agree, I believe Ireland went through a stage they were actually good at cricket too or are getting better, never entertained the thought of watching it still and certainly wouldn't criticise anyone who did followed it or got into it, I think its only a good thing that people are introduced to new sports.

Better than sitting on your hole like a keyboard warrior trying to get a rise on a page you certainly have no interest in it would seem..

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 11:59:31 AM

An unquestionable, impulsive reaction to evade dealing with any reasonable criticism of rugby and its elevated position in Ireland.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 10, 2016, 12:07:06 PM

An unquestionable, impulsive reaction to evade dealing with any reasonable criticism of rugby and its elevated position in Ireland.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

I wonder about all rugby players and drugs, including Paul O'Connell. I don't have any particular reason to think Paul O'Connell is on drugs though. Saying he is muscle-bound (they all are these days) and he suffered a particular injury (does that mean every sports man/woman who suffered that type of injury must have been on drugs?) is thin conspiratorial gruel.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: deiseach on February 10, 2016, 12:09:39 PM
I wonder about all rugby players and drugs, including Paul O'Connell. I don't have any particular reason to think Paul O'Connell is on drugs though. Saying he is muscle-bound (they all are these days) and he suffered a particular injury (does that mean every sports man/woman who suffered that type of injury must have been on drugs?) is thin conspiratorial gruel.

Those factors in a sport with a big steroid problem.

deiseach

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 10, 2016, 12:18:55 PM

We would also need to factor in your repeated hostility towards rugby in general and Irish rugby in particular. You have demonstrated no capacity to be open-minded on those subjects so it is fair to treat your opinion with a degree of scepticism.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 10, 2016, 12:07:06 PM

Don't get me started on Tyrone :D

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: deiseach on February 10, 2016, 12:27:14 PM0
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 10, 2016, 12:18:55 PM

We would also need to factor in your repeated hostility towards rugby in general and Irish rugby in particular. You have demonstrated no capacity to be open-minded on those subjects so it is fair to treat your opinion with a degree of scepticism.

My opinion is what it is. I have drawn conclusions and made assumptions on the basis of information put forward.

Those who disagree with me also seem to disagree with the information available. Rather that being pragmatic on the issue, as I have, they have adopted an insular and dismissive view on any potential problems or scandals in rugby.

They don't want to believe, you get the feeling if O'Connell was caught mainlining steroids into himself,  they would still dismiss the notion.

Walter Cronc

Bomber please bring forward the facts and figures, then I will listen to your argument.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 10, 2016, 12:33:41 PM
Bomber please bring forward the facts and figures, then I will listen to your argument.

First of all, let's disclose our stances?

Do you believe steroid abuse is a major issue in rugby? I do. Is that something you disagree with?

Do you disagree that injuries as severe as tearing muscle clean off the bone do not have a higher likelihood with steroid abuse?

Do you think the physical size and shape of your average rugby players today is possible without steroids?

Steroid abuse would primarily seem to be concentrated at the earlier stage of player's careers, certain % of muscle gain will stay even after you stop using steroids.

Walter Cronc

My opinion (as the average punter) is irrelevant. I've asked for facts and figures - please provide.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 09, 2016, 11:40:29 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 09, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Is O'Connell interested in coaching Dinny?

I don't know but unlike someone like O'Driscoll he strikes me as the coaching type. He used to do all the opposition analysis on line-outs for Munster and Leinster. Just a leader of men really.
Dinny, are you suggesting that, in his spare time, O'Connell analysed the line-outs of future Leinster opponents and gave it to them?

Or can I safely assume that is a typo?!!!

AZOffaly

He meant Ireland, but sure when Joe Schmidt is coaching it's nearly the same thing.