The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 09, 2016, 04:07:34 PM
Ignore this WUM - he knows sweet F.A about gaelic football never mind rugby.

His distaste for rugby and the supposed 'silver spoon' upbringing of players is just a mask for being a bigot!

Just because I've a bit of backbone about me and call out these charlatans for what they are doesn't make me a wum.

It does make you look insular and naive though, trying to censor any legitimate criticism of your feted heroes.

AZOffaly

The fact that you can label Paul O'Connell a 'charlatan' without a shred of evidence says everything to me. I'm not going to bother my arse reading anything else you post.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2016, 04:05:40 PM
Does everybody who rips muscle from bone use steroids? What part of O'Connell's history or performance or body shape changes would indicate steroid use?

As besides that, he is very generous with his time, and with the fans.

But sure you carry on and write smart arse remarks behind a wall of anonymity, in a bid to get people to react to you.

WUMs are so sad.

No, not everyone. But O'Connell happens to be a gigantic muscle bound freak playing a sport that is riddled with steroid abuse.  If it looks like a duck and quacks like one....

Do you not find anything sinister about him promoting (for his own persinal gain) a company which openly targets and rips off the vulnerable in society?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2016, 04:14:50 PM
The fact that you can label Paul O'Connell a 'charlatan' without a shred of evidence says everything to me. I'm not going to bother my arse reading anything else you post.

All the feted Irish rugby players are charlatans, consistently embarrassing themselves and the fools who dispense their money on them on the world stage.

Never made it past the lat 8 in the World Cup despite only 9 teams taking the sport remotely seriously.

Charlatans, one and all.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2016, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2016, 04:14:50 PM

All the feted Irish rugby players are charlatans, consistently embarrassing themselves and the fools who dispense their money on them on the world stage.

Never made it past the lat 8 in the World Cup despite only 9 teams taking the sport remotely seriously.

Charlatans, one and all.

Hahaha you are an idiot!

square_ball

His distaste for rugby and the supposed 'silver spoon' upbringing of players is just a mask for being a bigot!

He's probably the same boy that set up a Support Tiernan McCann Faceboook page!

Now on the other hand having those Tyrone boys bulked up something tara over the winter. Must be on something those boys.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: square_ball on February 09, 2016, 04:26:01 PM

He's probably the same boy that set up a Support Tiernan McCann Faceboook page!

Now on the other hand having those Tyrone boys bulked up something tara over the winter. Must be on something those boys.

Just exactly what I was thinking with his rant about POC!!

Il Bomber Destro

So, that's it then.

You're all going to avoid and deflect away from the difficult questions regarding O'Connell. You're all going to try and get confrontational and try and suppress rather than discuss.

The points I have made about O'Connell are most valid, however all those hours you've spent conversing by the water cooler about the "goys" probably has left you in an entrenched  position where retreat doesn't seem like an option.

I wonder were you all such big rugby men back in the early 90s?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2016, 04:36:08 PM
So, that's it then.

You're all going to avoid and deflect away from the difficult questions regarding O'Connell. You're all going to try and get confrontational and try and suppress rather than discuss.

The points I have made about O'Connell are most valid, however all those hours you've spent conversing by the water cooler about the "goys" probably has left you in an entrenched  position where retreat doesn't seem like an option.

You really are a bitter little man aren't you. This obsession with rugby being a game for the wealthy. Did mum and dad not give you much love son??

Well I can assure you the average rugby club and fan in Ireland is not wealthy. I'm a member of the Rainey Old Boys club in Magherafelt. No silver spoons around our club. Sure come on down some time sure.......you never know, you might enjoy yourself!

seafoid

So, that's it then.

I would like to read more about drugs in rugby. I think professionalism has been a disaster.

Old yeller

It makes me laugh when retiring sportsmen put out statements like O'Connell's. Thanking their wives for "unwavering support through the good and the bad". He was a professional sportsman ffs, not a navy seal or bomb disposal expert.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 09, 2016, 04:41:27 PM
So, that's it then.

You really are a bitter little man aren't you. This obsession with rugby being a game for the wealthy. Did mum and dad not give you much love son??

Well I can assure you the average rugby club and fan in Ireland is not wealthy. I'm a member of the Rainey Old Boys club in Magherafelt. No silver spoons around our club. Sure come on down some time sure.......you never know, you might enjoy yourself!

I'm not bitter, far from it in fact, I have a very sunny disposition and I would suspect you are only coming to that conclusion as you have invested a lot in jumping on the rugby bandwagon and now can't hear any reasonable criticism of it. If my altruistic traits rub people up the wrong way then that's their problem - not mine.

When did you get into rugby anyway? When Ireland became mediocre as opposed to shit at a minority sport and captured the nation's imagination with their World Cup quarter final finishes in a sport that only 9 countries take remotely seriously? When they amalgamated the clubs in the country into four teams where they could go and take on the might of the 3 other domestic leagues in Europe? When rugby marketed itself as some sort of social climbing ladder for the underclass?

Or were you one of the few who actually gave a bollocks about rugby when Ireland were utterly shit back in the early 90s?

Personally, I'd have a moral affliction about supporting an organisation that backed apartheid but each to their own.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on February 09, 2016, 07:16:01 PM
So, that's it then.

I would like to read more about drugs in rugby. I think professionalism has been a disaster.

Paul Kimmage has been on a crusade against it of late.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/paul-kimmage-rugby-has-to-face-up-to-its-growing-pains-30766512.html

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2016, 08:02:19 PM
So, that's it then.

I'm not bitter, far from it in fact, I have a very sunny disposition and I would suspect you are only coming to that conclusion as you have invested a lot in jumping on the rugby bandwagon and now can't hear any reasonable criticism of it. If my altruistic traits rub people up the wrong way then that's their problem - not mine.

When did you get into rugby anyway? When Ireland became mediocre as opposed to shit at a minority sport and captured the nation's imagination with their World Cup quarter final finishes in a sport that only 9 countries take remotely seriously? When they amalgamated the clubs in the country into four teams where they could go and take on the might of the 3 other domestic leagues in Europe? When rugby marketed itself as some sort of social climbing ladder for the underclass?

Or were you one of the few who actually gave a bollocks about rugby when Ireland were utterly shit back in the early 90s?

Personally, I'd have a moral affliction about supporting an organisation that backed apartheid but each to their own.

Oh I love it when you use big words bomber - bravo! Regarding my first rugby match I do believe it was a towns cup final in the early 90s at Ravenhill. As for my first international game - 93 at Lansdowne when we beat England. Apologies for not attending games in the 80s as I wasn't long out of nappies.

See I'm as happy attending an u12 club match as watching Derry or Irish rugby, golf, boxing or any sport that takes my interest. I just don't worry so much about the intricacies. Perhaps I had a more balanced upbringing than yourself. Once again for someone with such distaste you know plenty about rugby. Sad really.

Longshanks

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2016, 08:02:19 PM
So, that's it then.

I enjoy sports in general, when the masters is on I follow it as well as all the majors but I dont follow every golf tournament, I didnt follow rugby in the early 90s but I dont think I should have to make any apologies for that?

Is the rule now if we don't follow it when we are young we can never follow a new sport? thats just daft!
I enjoy many different sports, hell I even watch the superbowl but I guess I cant comment on that cause I dont watch every bloody match!?

As for drugs in sport, look maybe there is but I dont think the time is right to go for a guy when he has just announced his retirement (Lance Armstrong being the obvious exception)