Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Don't know what game you were watching if your comment is serious about heaslip
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Walter Cronc

Quote from: highorlow on February 07, 2016, 05:15:27 PM

Name me his stand out moments? Apart from a late turnover I can think of very little.

highorlow

He created the ruck for the Murray try.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: highorlow on February 07, 2016, 05:26:53 PM
He created the ruck for the Murray try.

Murrays try came from an initial burst by Henshaw off a scrum, then a carry by Heaslip, after another burst by McGrath Murray sniped over. To solely credit Heaslip isn't right imo.

highorlow

To solely say I gave him full credit for the try is incorrect imo

Tupuric , north and warburton didn't do much, says something about defence.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: highorlow on February 07, 2016, 06:14:36 PM
To solely say I gave him full credit for the try is incorrect imo

Tupuric , north and warburton didn't do much, says something about defence.

Well done JS

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 07, 2016, 05:21:04 PM

Name me his stand out moments? Apart from a late turnover I can think of very little.

What about his 16 tackles? 5 more than CJ and 7 more than TOD! Won more turnovers than CJ and TOD combined.  Also carried for the same number of meters as CJ with less ball.

Heaslip was immense today as was the entire Irish back-row I thought. 

#newbridgeornowhere

foxcommander

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 07, 2016, 02:58:30 PM
Ireland Captain not singing the national anthem. DISGRACEFUL!

He should know the words. Which country is he captaining/representing again?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

michaelg

Quote from: foxcommander on February 07, 2016, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 07, 2016, 02:58:30 PM
Ireland Captain not singing the national anthem. DISGRACEFUL!

He should know the words. Which country is he captaining/representing again?
He is not representing the Republic of Ireland so no need for him to know the words.  At least you must have been happy he didn't sing Ireland's Call either.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 07, 2016, 06:40:16 PM

What about his 16 tackles? 5 more than CJ and 7 more than TOD! Won more turnovers than CJ and TOD combined.  Also carried for the same number of meters as CJ with less ball.

TOD was the standout for me. Think we dipped a bit when he went off

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 07, 2016, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 07, 2016, 06:40:16 PM

TOD was the standout for me. Think we dipped a bit when he went off

I think we just tired, it was a very physical game and both teams went through lots of one out phases which is very demanding on the forwards both in attack and defence. Second half was poor fair and the lack of creativity from both sides shows why European Rugby struggles, it's all play the precentages.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Euro rugby is going nowhere. Big men crashing into each other with concussion as standard. Hard to watch compared to southern hem. Sport is about space,  vision, teamwork. It is not about losing consciousness.

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 09:24:30 AM
Euro rugby is going nowhere. Big men crashing into each other with concussion as standard. Hard to watch compared to southern hem. Sport is about space,  vision, teamwork. It is not about losing consciousness.

Agreed,
   Whilst this 15 man rugby league will win you a 6N's, that's about it. The Southern Hemisphere have moved on as the world cup showed, but alas we'll celebrate like billyo if we win the Div2 of rugby and talk about challenging the Southern Hemisphere teams, but come the summer tours we'll get our arses handed to us.

Walter Cronc

Along with tackling technique which I feel has to be addressed its up to the powers that be and refs to clamp down on the attacking player leading with the forearm/elbow. There were a couple of examples yesterday but one that sprung to mind was George North on Sexton late on.

Jack McGrath is developing into an outstanding player. If Healy was fit I doubt he'd be starting ahead of him.

Is Furlong ready to start away to France? Probably not.

AQMP

Quote from: johnneycool on February 08, 2016, 09:32:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

Agreed,
   Whilst this 15 man rugby league will win you a 6N's, that's about it. The Southern Hemisphere have moved on as the world cup showed, but alas we'll celebrate like billyo if we win the Div2 of rugby and talk about challenging the Southern Hemisphere teams, but come the summer tours we'll get our arses handed to us.

Agree with both of these.  I missed the France Italy game but as well as player welfare, also in terms of entertainment I found both the other weekend games wanting.  Few line breaks, 20 phases to move the ball 8 metres, all thud and thump.  Someone should tell Henshaw that you're allowed to pass the ball in rugby.  It's as if the World Cup never happened.  Oh, and ITV is shite too!