The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 06, 2016, 04:01:44 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 06, 2016, 03:49:41 PM
Andy Farrell is in as the new defence coach

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/06/andy-farrell-ireland-defence-coach

Jesus!! Though I'd say he's clued in defensively. He probably had too much influence over the English attack hence their conservative approach.

I was just about to say the same myself, far too defensively minded (granted he is a defence coach) and seemed to hold total sway with Lancaster, hopefully Schmitt will still allow the odd pass out to the wings!

Walter Cronc

Farrells contract begins after the upcoming 6 Nations and runs until after the 2019 RWC.

Who is defence coach in the interim period then??

Surprised Farrell is contracted to 2019 with Schmidt only contracted to 2017. Does the new head coach (post Schmidt) have no say over who his defence coach is??

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Munster getting stuffed by Stade

AZOffaly

Septic. Can't attack, even with an extra man. Absolutely butcher a 3 on 1 at 10-0, and then fall off tackles all over the pitch. It's broken and needs to be fixed ASAP, or else it will be me and 3,000 others inside in Thomond Park, reminiscing about ROG, Paulie and Axel the player.

screenexile

Heart stoping stuff from Ulster there backfired big time Kiss reshuffling so many players. Great composure to come back Paddy Jackson starting to look like an international fly half as well.

Does not getting the Bonus Point put a big dent in their QF hopes??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on January 10, 2016, 02:54:07 PM
Heart stoping stuff from Ulster there backfired big time Kiss reshuffling so many players. Great composure to come back Paddy Jackson starting to look like an international fly half as well.

Is it first two through?? Never catching Saracens and 8 points ahead of Toulouse....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhailov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2016, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 10, 2016, 02:54:07 PM

Is it first two through?? Never catching Saracens and 8 points ahead of Toulouse....

Group winners plus 3 best runners up make the last 8. On SS1 today they reckon you will need 19 points to secure one of the runners-up spots but not sure it will be as high as that. Either way, Ulster need to beat Oyannax at home plus hop to get bonus point at Sarries next Saturday. Hopefully 17 points maybe enough but we will see.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2016, 06:36:11 PM
Septic. Can't attack, even with an extra man. Absolutely butcher a 3 on 1 at 10-0, and then fall off tackles all over the pitch. It's broken and needs to be fixed ASAP, or else it will be me and 3,000 others inside in Thomond Park, reminiscing about ROG, Paulie and Axel the player.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Andy Farrell has joined the Munster set-up.

Very interesting, can't imagine Foley asking for it though.
#newbridgeornowhere