The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

What odds would you have got on Ulster back to back wins?
Some result today in France.

square_ball

Les Kiss has them playing good rugby too. Keeping ball in hand at every opportunity it's actually exciting to watch it. Piennar is a class act and Jackson playing well too.

Walter Cronc

Superb win for Ulster!! McCloskey making some great breaks. Really hope he's in contention for the 6 nations. Trimble also doing well. Has to start ahead of the very average Dave Kearney! Great to see Luke Marshall back playing. Class act.

INDIANA

Quote from: LeoMc on December 20, 2015, 03:40:01 PM

Good win but nothing more . Toulouse are a pale shadow of former teams

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: INDIANA on December 21, 2015, 07:38:29 AM

You can only beat whats in front of you. Toulouse maybe are not as good as some years but they are still a very strong team and are currently only one point behind Clermont in the Top 14.

http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/classement-rugby-top-14

I dont think its all doom and gloom for Irish rugby but I do think both Leinster and Munster have made poor decisions regarding  the coaches

Milltown Row2

Jesus, you'd be some craic on a night out!! Ulster were not expected to beat them in both games, kept them to no score in first game and won second. Back I contention unlike like other Irish teams, miserable git springs to mind
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

Jesus, you'd be some craic on a night out!! Ulster were not expected to beat them in both games, kept them to no score in first game and won second. Back I contention unlike like other Irish teams, miserable git springs to mind

You better not start betting on them!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2015, 10:25:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

You better not start betting on them!

You're going to laugh, I had a bet on Toulouse's as my mate who is heavily involved with local rugby and played senior for some club Harlequins years ago said Ulster would struggle..... Shows you that I don't make any money from gambling!! And my mate knows feck all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Toulouse smashed toulon last night and are now top of the league puts into perspective just how good those ulster results really were

imtommygunn

Listen when indiana says they're no good johnny then they're no good no matter what facts you back your argument up with  ;D

oakleaflad

Walter Cronc

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 28, 2015, 03:29:40 PM
Madigan is off to Bordeaux

Disappointing he's not off to Munster. Can Ross Byrne expect more game time at Leinster now? Any ideas who Munster could look at to replace Keatley on a longer term?

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/28/concussion-prevention-football-safety-brain-injury-bennet-omalu-nfl-will-smith

"After a certain number of blows to your head, nobody knows exactly what number, your brain resets itself and begins to initiate abnormal biochemical cascades that result in the buildup of abnormal proteins like tau. So by the time tau is accumulating, the injury is already done," Omalu said.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 06, 2016, 03:49:41 PM
Andy Farrell is in as the new defence coach

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/06/andy-farrell-ireland-defence-coach

Jesus!! Though I'd say he's clued in defensively. He probably had too much influence over the English attack hence their conservative approach.