The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Where would you get a couple of decent child friendly pints before the match tomorrow? Taking the wains and missus.

gallsman

Slattery's. Horse Shoe House.

screenexile

Ireland getting bullied here and Sexton having a complete mare!!!

screenexile

That was beastmode stuff there from Henderson super try!!!

beer baron

Only getting watching this now. Sounding like Earls has booked his ticket anyway?

beer baron

Maybe not with the injury.

screenexile

Quote from: beer baron on August 29, 2015, 04:02:32 PM
Maybe not with the injury.

Id say he's finished. We're no great shakes to be honest. Breakdown is a bit worrying but it's still early days I suppose we don't have to peak until Mid October.

Tony Baloney

Sexton anonymous today. Maybe trying to stay out of trouble. Any news on Earls? Always looks bad when the golf buggy comes on.

INDIANA

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 29, 2015, 05:50:05 PM
Sexton anonymous today. Maybe trying to stay out of trouble. Any news on Earls? Always looks bad when the golf buggy comes on.

Concussion - other then that ok

thewobbler

I reckon it's probably the 15th time I've posted this comment, but what secret does Luke Fitzgerald have over Irish rugby selectors and media that gets him unfettered game time when he's not injured.

It beggars belief that Trimble, Bowe and Gilroy were sent back to Ulster this weekend when an an absolute nothing player like Fitzgerald is wearing an Ireland jersey.

It looks a sure thing that him and that other "creative" non entity  Earls will be on the plane. When in 6 weeks time we are wondering why we can't get past quarter finals, maybe we should start looking here.

CiKe

Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 06:16:13 PM
I reckon it's probably the 15th time I've posted this comment, but what secret does Luke Fitzgerald have over Irish rugby selectors and media that gets him unfettered game time when he's not injured.

It beggars belief that Trimble, Bowe and Gilroy were sent back to Ulster this weekend when an an absolute nothing player like Fitzgerald is wearing an Ireland jersey.

It looks a sure thing that him and that other "creative" non entity  Earls will be on the plane. When in 6 weeks time we are wondering why we can't get past quarter finals, maybe we should start looking here.

You obviously have strong opinions wobbler. What would be your squad out of interest?

INDIANA

Have you seen Earls try count in an irish jersey?- obviously not.

Agreed on Fitzgerald.

Gilroy however couldn't tackle a fish supper

thewobbler

Most of the squad picks itself - as there genuinely aren't that many options in the majority of positions.

But there's only one Irish winger I'd trust to keep someone like George North honest, and that's Trimble, while if we are on just the wrong side of one of those deadlock games that have become increasingly the norm, looking at the bench and see Gilroy or Bowe as potentially bringing the spark, or any of Fitzgerald / Earls /  D Kearney / McFadden... well that's a no-brainer imho.

Don't bring a squad to cover. Bring a squad to win.

thewobbler

Quote from: CiKe on August 30, 2015, 07:50:59 PM

You obviously have strong opinions wobbler. What would be your squad out of interest?

Surely you'd accept tha Earl's tryscoring record is inflated by his regular appearances against second and third level rugby nations? It's more like 1 try every 15 games against the major nations.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on August 28, 2015, 01:25:12 PM
Slattery's. Horse Shoe House.
Everywhere packed so went to a wee pizza place called Paulie's. I can take or leave pizza but they were top notch.