The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Whatever about the rest of that sensationalist bluster,  Stuart hogg is a cracking player.

give her dixie

I wouldn't normally watch a lot of rugby but today I couldn't leave the couch as 3 incredible matches were
played out. Great games and some fantastic scores. Well done Ireland as they did enough to claim the championship
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 21, 2015, 08:09:41 PM
The only rule that needs changed is that the final round of matches are played at the same time.  Fecking ridiculous that England knew exactly what they needed to win.    No other professional sport would allow such an advantage.

Put it down to TV revenue and sponsorship.The TV channels stand to lose a lot of money and the team sponsors a lot of advertising time if all games were to played at the same time.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Sidney

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 21, 2015, 11:26:31 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on March 21, 2015, 08:09:41 PM
The only rule that needs changed is that the final round of matches are played at the same time.  Fecking ridiculous that England knew exactly what they needed to win.    No other professional sport would allow such an advantage.

Put it down to TV revenue and sponsorship.The TV channels stand to lose a lot of money and the team sponsors a lot of advertising time if all games were to played at the same time.

And it would be far less entertaining too. The current way is definitely the right tact to take all things considered. Spectacle is essential in sport.

rrhf

All you unbelievers... All you rugby know alls. . Where are you now... I hope ye enjoyed some drink despite yer cynicism..Ireland abu

Has anyone else tried that new Guinness project 13....

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on March 21, 2015, 10:58:11 PM
I wouldn't normally watch a lot of rugby but today I couldn't leave the couch as 3 incredible matches were
played out. Great games and some fantastic scores. Well done Ireland as they did enough to claim the championship
The way Ireland recovered from the disappointment of last weekend to put 40 points on the board was very impressive.

tiempo

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 21, 2015, 08:11:50 PM
Rugby getting bigger & bigger.

Yeah the players biceps and value of their protein contracts

Denn Forever

If Carlsberg did rugby endings they would have given England a last minute try.  They would of course  miss the conversion.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tom boyd

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 22, 2015, 10:42:49 AM
If Carlsberg did rugby endings they would have given England a last minute try.  They would of course  miss the conversion.

I wished that actually happened. How epic if the conversion hit the cross bar. Or even ford done a john terry and slipped.

seafoid

Quote from: Tom boyd on March 22, 2015, 11:31:56 AM

I wished that actually happened. How epic if the conversion hit the cross bar. Or even ford done a john terry and slipped.
The last moment was such an anti climax.
The excitement after the last try was like a FRED process in gamma rays - fast rise, exponential decay
That is 3 years of nothing for Stuart Lancaster.

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2015, 01:12:43 PM

England are still second favourites for the World Cup. I'd back them to win it, but it would spoil my enjoyment of it.

Ireland are 8/1, Wales 20/1. The market sees the Cardiff result in its true light, reflected off Wayne Barnes. As does Joe Schmidt, reading between the lines of his interviews.

Having said that, 20/1 Wales seems amazing value.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on March 22, 2015, 01:20:16 PM

England are still second favourites for the World Cup. I'd back them to win it, but it would spoil my enjoyment of it.

Ireland are 8/1, Wales 20/1. The market sees the Cardiff result in its true light, reflected off Wayne Barnes. As does Joe Schmidt, reading between the lines of his interviews.

Having said that, 20/1 Wales seems amazing value.

The respective pools have a big bearing on those outright odds.

Ireland are up against France and Italy.

Wales will have Australia and England on home soil to deal with.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

dec

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/2015/0322/688907-ireland-women-six-nations/

Ireland obliterate Scotland to win Six Nations

Scotland 3-73 Ireland

Ireland Women were in inspirational form to relentlessly pile on the points against Scotland at Broadwood Stadium near Glasgow to secure a record 73-3 win and complete a famous Men's and Women's RBS 6 Nations double for Irish rugby.

A second Championship and Triple Crown in three years were the rewards for Niamh Briggs and her team-mates who were at their clinical best throughout this one-sided game.

Tom Tierney's side led 37-3 at half-time and ran in 11 tries in all, including an Alison Miller hat-trick, to win the title on points scoring difference (+113), ahead of last year's winners France (+69)....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tom boyd on March 22, 2015, 11:31:56 AM

The last moment was such an anti climax.
The excitement after the last try was like a FRED process in gamma rays - fast rise, exponential decay
Not so sure about that
England and Wales et all like winning the six nations - but unlike us, it isn't the be all and end all

Lancaster have been reprieved by the decimation of the French team.
I can honestly say that I'd not put Ireland above England or wales
We are too reliant on sexton and a very narrow game plan.
Maybe I will be wrong but I can't see us winning a rugby World Cup