The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom boyd

Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2015, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 21, 2015, 07:41:07 PM
Unbelievable finish.

Amazing rugby when the teams have to go for it.

Surely it is time for the bonus point in the 6N?

Would that not likely rob us of days like this? I think the system is fine in the tournament as is.

The rules of the game need to force teams to play like they did today the rest of the season; a bonus point is one off the least effective and heavy-handed ways of achieving that. In-game rule changes would be a better approach to take.

A bonus point is given when a team score 4 or more try's or too a team that lose by 7 or less.
Personally it would get teams to attack more and go for the try line like they were today.

theticklemister

Quote from: INDIANA on March 21, 2015, 07:52:02 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on March 21, 2015, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 21, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Anyone know the total try count from today offhand?

221 points. 27 Tries.

Wales 8 tries
Italy 2

Scotland 1 try
Ireland 4

England 7 tries
France 5

No surprise we scored the fewest anyway

count aris..................

Anyway , Ireland only scored 4 tries going into today's game

Over the Bar

The only rule that needs changed is that the final round of matches are played at the same time.  Fecking ridiculous that England knew exactly what they needed to win.    No other professional sport would allow such an advantage. 

Aaron Boone

Rugby getting bigger & bigger.

Wildweasel74

France missed over 14pts from placed ball, Ireland 9pt, New Zealand with a tight defence and reliable goal kicker if not injured would still be hard to eclipse

Main Street

Quote from: INDIANA on March 21, 2015, 07:29:03 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
England almost deserved it, I have to hand it to them, they gave it some welly. Fortunately for us  France were 'effin brilliant, they had nothing to play for  in those last minutes except to prevent England from scoring more and winning the title
That makes up for the title that was stolen by France in the last seconds  (v Scotland)

France were a rabble- Anyone who concedes 50 points are pure muck.

French players would turn in their graves if they knew how bad their national side was now.
Turn in their grave ??  which players exactly would be turning in their grave?
Philippe Sella? Serge Blanco? Pierre Villepreux? Denis Charvet  Jean-Pierre Rives?
What a drip of ignorant misery you can be at the most inappropriate of times, Indiana :)

seafoid

Scotland had a very poor tournament.  I saw them rated as favourites somewhere before the first game.

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on March 21, 2015, 08:21:29 PM
Scotland had a very poor tournament.  I saw them rated as favourites somewhere before the first game.

Really ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2015, 08:16:12 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 21, 2015, 07:29:03 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
England almost deserved it, I have to hand it to them, they gave it some welly. Fortunately for us  France were 'effin brilliant, they had nothing to play for  in those last minutes except to prevent England from scoring more and winning the title
That makes up for the title that was stolen by France in the last seconds  (v Scotland)

France were a rabble- Anyone who concedes 50 points are pure muck.

French players would turn in their graves if they knew how bad their national side was now.
Turn in their grave ??  which players exactly would be turning in their grave?
Philippe Sella? Serge Blanco? Pierre Villepreux? Denis Charvet  Jean-Pierre Rives?
What a drip of ignorant misery you can be at the most inappropriate of times, Indiana :)

This is the worst French team in history coached by a buffoon.

Nothing ignorant in that. The only thing that is ignorant is your inability(as ever) to recognise that.

They were terrible- absolutely abject.

Tony Baloney

Would say they were fancied but fav would be a stretch. I thought they would have a decent rattle at it but maybe fall short as they have some great players. Their stats look desperately poor at the end of today.

JoG2

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 21, 2015, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 21, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Anyone know the total try count from today offhand?

221 points. 27 Tries.

Wales 8 tries
Italy 2

Scotland 1 try
Ireland 4

England 7 tries
France 5

Good man

What about increasing the points for a try again to 6 points?

INDIANA

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2015, 08:26:28 PM
Would say they were fancied but fav would be a stretch. I thought they would have a decent rattle at it but maybe fall short as they have some great players. Their stats look desperately poor at the end of today.

Scotland have absolutely not one great player in my view. they are the Carlow of the 6 Nations.

Stuart Hogg couldn't even touch the ball down over the line.

An absolute rabble.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: INDIANA on March 21, 2015, 08:51:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

Scotland have absolutely not one great player in my view. they are the Carlow of the 6 Nations.

Stuart Hogg couldn't even touch the ball down over the line.

An absolute rabble.
Maybe I should have said "good". If this thread is upsetting you so much feel free to go elsewhere  ;)

gawa316

Anyone know of a decent site to watch highlights that'll work in the states?