The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I don't think Joe trusts Zebo's defence. In his, ahem, defence I have seen a lot of improvement in that area in him over the past couple of years. He is good on a kick chase as well, and obviously he has pace and can finish. I just don't think Schmidt likes him as a player.

muppet

Are twitter names the rugby equivalent of the Gaa's as gaeilge?
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2015, 02:13:49 PM
I don't think Joe trusts Zebo's defence. In his, ahem, defence I have seen a lot of improvement in that area in him over the past couple of years. He is good on a kick chase as well, and obviously he has pace and can finish. I just don't think Schmidt likes him as a player.

Is Fitzgerald much better in that regard? I think if Trimble were fit he'd be unchallenged for it given he's taylor made for what Schmidt's looking for and definitely there isn't too much flash about him!

Walter Cronc

Personally I think Craig Gilroy has got a tough enough ride from the selectors. He mightn be the greatest footballer but the lad can finish and he's probably the quickest winger we have.

thewobbler

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 19, 2015, 04:10:07 PM
Personally I think Craig Gilroy has got a tough enough ride from the selectors. He mightn be the greatest footballer but the lad can finish and he's probably the quickest winger we have.

Yep i would agree.

Ireland are lacking ingenuity, and the one player across the provinces who has that in spades is Gilroy. He's still not great defensively, but he's definitely improving.

I've put this elsewhere on this thread, but for the life of me I can't work out what it is that gets Luke Fitzgerald in contention for an Ireland jersey. He's not bad at anything but not is he particularly good at anything either. Just mr mediocre in my opinion.

AZOffaly

By the way, where is Dinny Breen?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2015, 06:09:19 PM
By the way, where is Dinny Breen?

I see his name logged into the Kildare forum the odd time so he's still with us!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Syferus

cockahoop

well lets sit back and watch ireland do a mayo!

lynchbhoy

Have to score tries. Ireland can score tries but not under that puke rugby tactical game they've been playing. So throw off the shackles and run those jock fcukers ragged

Ref important today as the jocks are repeat offenders for infringements

Bad start, they are playing Ireland's dirge as our 'national anthem'
>:(

gerrykeegan

Ireland to win by 20 points
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

From the Bunker

Quote from: cockahoop on March 21, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

This coming from a Derry Man? Now go play with your toys!

cockahoop

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 21, 2015, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on March 21, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

This coming from a Derry Man? Now go play with your toys!

?

From the Bunker