The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2015, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: Franko on March 03, 2015, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2015, 09:34:39 AM
I count one "but". If you're referring to the fact that I stated my belief or opinion a few times, do try to remember that this is a discussion board. If you want to refute or discredit it, post evidence to the contrary.

You made the initial claim and presented it, not as your opinion, but as fact - I'm afraid it's up to you to produce the evidence.

My initial post on the matter in this thread, long after the derailing had begun, was again an opinion. Then you barged in with your bluster  filled, faux-insulted "can't let you get away with that" line in an attempt to introduce some needle into the whole thing.

I made no attempt to introduce 'needle'.  You said that anyone who didn't like McIlroy did so for secatarian reasons.  I called you on your bullshit.

As being able to quote your stance on supporting Ched Evans, defending his actions and therefore condoning rape, given that you know the thread has been binned, you know full well I can't do that. Regardless, your "I stand by my comments" line offers a modicum of insight into what your views on the matter were/are, given the accusations levelled.

You can't - I thought so.

For the benefit of everyone else, at no stage did I condone rape or even infer that I condoned it.

Anyway, enough of this. PM if you want about it and we'll get back to talking rugby here.

No chance.  you can't spout "bluster filled, faux-insulted" remarks like that in public and then expect me not to defend myself publicly.  You made a very serious accusation, about a very serious topic and you did so in a flippant manner to try and get a dig in at me.  You have done this in the past in another unrelated thread.  By these actions, I would say it is you who is trivialising the subject matter.

In fact, if you continue this vendetta I ask that you meet me in person to discuss this.  I don't take an accusation like that lightly - especially from someone trying to act the big man on an anonymous internet forum.

a) no I didn't - you're the one who made it personal. I made no specific reference to you or anyone else. You however, directly commented on my position.

b) no I didn't - see a) above

c) semantics - the fact posts where you defended Evans and his actions have been delete from this forum does not mean you did not post them

d) I'm not trivialising anything - I'm expressing my continued contempt for the position you held on that topic, a lens through which I now view all subsequent posts of yours.

e) as mentioned, don't be ridiculous. You're the one who follows my posts around like a bad smell. "Vendetta" might be a bit of an extreme word for it, but whatever "it" is, it's you who has it.

a. Your position was wrong.
b. See a.
c. At no stage did I condone rape or infer that I condoned it.
d. If that's your 'continued' position, for the benefit of the other forum users, please continue to express it on the correct thread (There is one).  Otherwise, fcuk up and stop acting like a child.
e. I don't 'follow' your posts around.  It wouldn't matter who had posted that - I'd have called them on it because it's wrong.

Walter Cronc

Are we gona have to call the mods here lads!!

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 09:05:53 AM
Are we gona have to call the mods here lads!!
We need tv evidence, Give us a reason to not award logic to feuding posts.

Walter Cronc

On another note I read this morning that Joe Schmidt's house got burgled on Monday past. If those knackers are the reason Mrs Schmidt tells Joe to move back to NZ there will be war!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 09:17:21 AM
On another note I read this morning that Joe Schmidt's house got burgled on Monday past. If those knackers are the reason Mrs Schmidt tells Joe to move back to NZ there will be war!!

There'll be a nice big house in Killiney available at 4pm today, maybe the IRFU can hole Mrs Schmidt up there and live in the relative luxury of the celtic tiger era to keep thoughts of the long white cloud at bay for another year or so!

muppet

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/robbie-henshaw-ireland-england-analysis/15886

This is great stuff from Joe.ie, compare it with the RTE good guy/bad guy rugby rugby punditry, or the Gaelic Football bad guy/worse guy show.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 02:27:03 PM

This is great stuff from Joe.ie, compare it with the RTE good guy/bad guy rugby rugby punditry, or the Gaelic Football bad guy/worse guy show.

Excellent coverage by them on Ireland Rugby in fairness... Awful lot of shite clogs up my twitter feed as well though!

AZOffaly

In fairness this is 3 days after the event. The lads on d'telly don't have that luxury.

seafoid

Punditry is sorcas ar an dteilifis 
Twitter is better for insight

As the farmer said to the Yank who was looking for directions "if I was going there I wouldn't start from here' 

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 02:58:48 PM

In fairness this is 3 days after the event. The lads on d'telly don't have that luxury.

I think the lads on d'telly have far greater resources than Joe.ie. At least Joe.ie is trying to show us what happened and for those of us who never played rugby, it explains a lot. The article on the front row is also excellent and was out yesterday as (I think) was the Henshaw article.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Ah yeah, it's good alright, but I suppose that sort of in depth article, with samples and video cuts, takes a bit of preparation. In a TV studio you don't really have time to prepare like that. Neville and Carra are good on a Monday night on Sky because they have that sort of time to prepare something from Saturday's games.

Walter Cronc

Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

I am not a fan of Warburton. In fact I rate Tipuric as better.

I think its gona be tight. The taffs are a cocky bunch.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 09:21:34 AM
Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

I am not a fan of Warburton. In fact I rate Tipuric as better.

I think its gona be tight. The taffs are a cocky bunch.
He's not too shabby at the breakdown. Hopefully Ireland can put some clear distance between them and Wales and then maintain pressure til the end. If they allow Wales to come onto them the way England did, they may get punished.