Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: foxcommander on August 25, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 25, 2014, 04:28:44 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 25, 2014, 03:13:39 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 25, 2014, 12:42:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2014, 10:31:27 AM
Sexton coming home. Big coup for Irish rugby.
'Irish' rugby, please, or Foxcommander will start twitching.

You catch on quick. I thought unionists would be happy with "irish"....
The unionists with whom I travel to matches are perfectly happy with Irish, no inverted commas. It's 'Gaels' like yourself who get all uptight in your attempts to decide who's a wizard and who's a mud blood.

It's not me who can't decide what I am....you lot are having protests about flegs at Belfast City hall and then on certain days can't sing Amhrán na bhFiann quick enough?

I look forward to the devolution vote since your pals are so keen :)
I don't know many from a unionist background who sing Amhrán na bhFiann. Actually, I don't know any, though they're quite comfortable belting out Fields of Athenry or Ireland's Call. I know quite a few northern nationalists who don't sing Amhrán na bhFiann either, on the grounds that (a) they don't know the words in Irish and / or (b) they view it as a 26 county anthem. I offend on both those counts. ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 25, 2014, 05:57:21 PM

The unionists with whom I travel to matches are perfectly happy with Irish, no inverted commas. It's 'Gaels' like yourself who get all uptight in your attempts to decide who's a wizard and who's a mud blood.

It's not me who can't decide what I am....you lot are having protests about flegs at Belfast City hall and then on certain days can't sing Amhrán na bhFiann quick enough?

I don't know many from a unionist background who sing Amhrán na bhFiann. Actually, I don't know any, though they're quite comfortable belting out Fields of Athenry or Ireland's Call. I know quite a few northern nationalists who don't sing Amhrán na bhFiann either, on the grounds that (a) they don't know the words in Irish and / or (b) they view it as a 26 county anthem. I offend on both those counts. ;)

or C) you're a unionist too, eh Myles? ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Myles Na G.

Quote from: foxcommander on August 25, 2014, 06:03:23 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 25, 2014, 05:57:21 PM

or C) you're a unionist too, eh Myles? ;)
You can tell you're new around here - you're about 6 years behind the times with that jibe. Do keep up.

bcarrier

Walter Cronc

Anyone sort tickets for the RWC yet? Booked 4 in total today. 2 for France in Cardiff and 2 for Italy in London. Strange set up this year with a ballot system.

galwayman

Walter Cnoc - I assume you mean you have applied for tickets?
As opposed to being guaranteed them I mean?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: galwayman on September 12, 2014, 04:43:17 PM
Walter Cnoc - I assume you mean you have applied for tickets?
As opposed to being guaranteed them I mean?

Yeah sorry should have clarified - by booked I mean entered the ballot. Its hard to know what to do. Apply for 2 and miss out or apply for say 6/8 and get a huge bill!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 12, 2014, 03:34:16 PM
Anyone sort tickets for the RWC yet? Booked 4 in total today. 2 for France in Cardiff and 2 for Italy in London. Strange set up this year with a ballot system.
Logged in earlier and it was busy. Will try for Italy match. Will be some scramble for hotels now.

Mayo4Sam

It was the same for NZ last time out I think, I got tickets through a ballot

In for France and have assumed we'll win that and gone for the winning QF/SF combo!
Fingers crossed
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 16, 2014, 11:56:21 AM

In for France and have assumed we'll win that and gone for the winning QF/SF combo!
Fingers crossed

Good shout M4S, what sort of money did the QF/SF combo cost?

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/sep/17/rugby-world-cup-2015-10-sides-impact

5 Ireland

The more you study the 2015 draw the more you wonder if Ireland can break the habit of a lifetime and actually deliver at a World Cup. With France and Italy in their pool they could advance to the semi-finals at least, with a puncher's shot at the main prize. Joe Schmidt is an outstanding coach and any squad would love a motivated Paul O'Connell at its heart. Jonny Sexton is heading home from France, some of the younger Irish forwards are maturing nicely and last season's Six Nations title was no fluke.

mick999

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 16, 2014, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 16, 2014, 11:56:21 AM

Fingers crossed

Good shout M4S, what sort of money did the QF/SF combo cost?

Prices all here :

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/site/assets/FixtureList.pdf

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: foxcommander on August 15, 2014, 04:42:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2014, 02:06:24 PM
I presume a sport which is of the Empire. Erstwhile known as the 'Garrison games'.

Bingo. Give that lad an OBE.

Of course the exception proves the rule: so it's okay to slabber over some Premiership sawker team.  Ideally said team will be your second team after well know "Irish" team Celtic

Because there is no contradication in propping up a bar in a Liverpool/Manchester/Chelsea jersey, averting your gaze from "Imperialist" satellite TV only long enough to glance at your "Imperialist" redtop of choice and still feel disdain for a 32-County team of all creeds representing our island internationally.

/Jim.

Hardy

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 17, 2014, 04:27:05 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 15, 2014, 04:42:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2014, 02:06:24 PM
I presume a sport which is of the Empire. Erstwhile known as the 'Garrison games'.

Bingo. Give that lad an OBE.

Of course the exception proves the rule: so it's okay to slabber over some Premiership sawker team.  Ideally said team will be your second team after well know "Irish" team Celtic

Because there is no contradication in propping up a bar in a Liverpool/Manchester/Chelsea jersey, averting your gaze from "Imperialist" satellite TV only long enough to glance at your "Imperialist" redtop of choice and still feel disdain for a 32-County team of all creeds representing our island internationally.

/Jim.

Post of the week.

Canalman

Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/sep/17/rugby-world-cup-2015-10-sides-impact

5 Ireland

The more you study the 2015 draw the more you wonder if Ireland can break the habit of a lifetime and actually deliver at a World Cup. With France and Italy in their pool they could advance to the semi-finals at least, with a puncher's shot at the main prize. Joe Schmidt is an outstanding coach and any squad would love a motivated Paul O'Connell at its heart. Jonny Sexton is heading home from France, some of the younger Irish forwards are maturing nicely and last season's Six Nations title was no fluke.

By "actually deliver" I presume you mean win a knockout game in the WC.

In case anyone has forgotten we have never won a knockout game in the history of the WC.