The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

First time since 1991 they've lost a match at the World Cup. First time we've ever beat NZ at full international level in either grade. Really it's as incredible a result are you're likely to see this year or any year.

rrhf

are you sure women playing Rugby is a good idea?

highorlow

Quoteare you sure women playing Rugby is a good idea?

Nothing wrong with it these days. Are you stuck in the past? Does your local pub have a special snug for the girls?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BennyHarp

Does anyone know if there is a bandwagon for the women's World Cup yet or not?
That was never a square ball!!

gawa316

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2014, 12:13:48 PM

It stopped by here the other day!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

Yep, it rolled by my house just after the NZ game, so I hopped on. 'Mon the weemin!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 09, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

Yep, it rolled by my house just after the NZ game, so I hopped on. 'Mon the weemin!

Great stuff - think I'll jump on myself. Ole, Ole, Ole!!
That was never a square ball!!

Denn Forever

Perfect timing.  Semi final time.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2014, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 09, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

Great stuff - think I'll jump on myself. Ole, Ole, Ole!!
Must start swotting up on the players so I can talk like I have been following them for years.

gawa316

For those more knowledgable in this area, am I right in saying New Zealand are out due to the eng Canada game ending in a draw? Only 4 teams go through to semis, 3 group winners and next team with most points? Eng and Canada both on 12 points, New Zealand currently on 6 with 11 the most they can achieve.

If so great opportunity to win it

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2014, 06:41:02 PM
For those more knowledgable in this area, am I right in saying New Zealand are out due to the eng Canada game ending in a draw? Only 4 teams go through to semis, 3 group winners and next team with most points? Eng and Canada both on 12 points, New Zealand currently on 6 with 11 the most they can achieve.

There is no-one knowledgeable in this area.

Syferus

Yip: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11306734

If we can beat New Zealand we can beat anyone. Beating that level of a side unexpectedly can drain teams in any sport so it would be the mark of a special team to be able to take it in their stride.

Edit: was loading up the match report from today's match on RTE.ie but it came up as a Error 404 Page Not Found. RTE have a picture of Shergar on the error page. Beautiful.

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2014, 08:35:59 PM

There is no-one knowledgeable in this area.

Just me!

G'wan the cutties!!!

gawa316

England inthe semi's

G'wan the cutties in green!

Dinny Breen

Women's rugby is not something that excites me and international standard is probably no better than Junior championship in football but I was impressed with England's presence of mind to know that a draw would win their group but more importantly knock NZ out. Great game management I thought. As for Ireland the lack of decent 10 could cost them.
#newbridgeornowhere